Lane Train Tweet

Advertisement
Same to you, but Riley is already starting to build a top recruiting class, and they will only get better. Same for Mario, BTW.

Oregon requires national recruiting. I don’t see Lane as a HC who would recruit well enough to keep up with USC. He may beat Riley once in a while, like Mike Gundy did in the Big 12. Matt Campbell beat OU twice.
It's my belief that Lane would be twice the coach Gundy is, if he actually stayed somewhere longer than 2-3 years. With all the premier prospects out in Cali, I'd say there'd be more than enough left on the bone for Lane to build a powerhouse able to compete with Riley. Have to remember that Lincoln Riley teams aren't exactly known for their DEF, so going against a Lane Kiffin led Oregon team with just as many financial resources as USC...

So, they are dragging their feet so they can make a rushed hire, and have an excuse built in. Just perfect.
I think they're going as fast as they can.

I don't know what the hold up is with the AD, but if they want Cristobal they were always going to have to wait until after his Championship game.

Why hire a top AD only to handcuff him and make him hire someone he didn't personally choose? We need, NEED to let him do his job. I trust him more than I trust the Miami homers that just want a Miami homer hire.
Sorry using this

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It's my belief that Lane would be twice the coach Gundy is, if he actually stayed somewhere longer than 2-3 years. With all the premier prospects out in Cali, I'd say there'd be more than enough left on the bone for Lane to build a powerhouse able to compete with Riley. Have to remember that Lincoln Riley teams aren't exactly known for their DEF, so going against a Lane Kiffin led Oregon team with just as many financial resources as USC...
Well, we’ll see on Riley. True, he’s an offensive-minded HC in a offensive-minded game but OU’s defenses actually improved this season. OU-TX was a race to 50 points, but I think on average defenses improved as they hired better coaches. Look at today’s Big 12 CG. 21-16. The big, bad $EC is 38-24 at the moment.

I live in LA, and although I dislike U$C I expect in a few seasons they’ll dominate the PAC12 like the Carroll era. Pete lost conference games too, BTW. Multiple times to Jim Harbaugh and Stanford, multiple times to Mike Riley and Oregon State. To Cal.

Besides, Kiffin ain’t going to Oregon if Mario leaves.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back