Lane Kiffin Trolling... But Who?

So what does that make Mr. 74-73? The flower girl?
False dichotomy. There are more coaches in the world than these two.

1704287831906.png

Advertisement
Why in the heck would you even say that? Based on what? Kiffin could absolutely be successful here. First time Ole Miss has won 10 games ever was under Kiffin. He did it twice in 3 years with one season being an 11 win season. That's impressive any way you slice it.
Maybe this is the place he's destined to win championships, who knows. I just don't think he'll ever win it all. I loved Mike Leach and thought he'd kill it here, but for his long and storied career he never finished higher than 10th in the polls. Kiffin got USC up to 6th.

I'm not declaring that I know who the best coach is to get us another ring, I'm just doubting it's Kiffin. At best, Kiffin would be for us what Mark Richt was for UGA.

So why isn't Kiffin the guy?
For one, he can't recruit well enough. I just don't see him ever doing any better than 10-11 wins, like Richt did at UGA.

People don't realize how difficult it is to go that next step. How many times have LSU, ND and Oklahoma sniffed the top without ever clearing the hurdle.

For one, he can't recruit well enough. I just don't see him ever doing any better than 10-11 wins, like Richt did at UGA.

People don't realize how difficult it is to go that next step. How many times have LSU, ND and Oklahoma sniffed the top without ever clearing the hurdle.
Miami is an urban private instituation with a title winning history removed by several coaches and a demanding fanbase. These qualities match up with USC. Many of these porsters don’t see it. Apparently “learning under Saban” applies only to Kiffin but not Cristobal.

Advertisement

He recruits talent enough to win 10 or 11 games at Ole Miss. Classes ranked lower than many of the teams he beats.

Again, that's at Ole Miss. A bottom third or even quarter team in desirability factor in the SEC.

He comes here, wins like he does there, there's no Jeremiah Smith to OSU. If the NIL deals are right, he's absolutely killing in state recruiting and cherry picking players from across the country.

Yes, it's tough to get over that final hurdle. No question about that. He's an example of does more with less in every sense of the definition. Looking at things objectively, that's the only way one could see it. He'll likely be the next Bama coach when it's open.

He recruits talent enough to win 10 or 11 games at Ole Miss. Classes ranked lower than many of the teams he beats.

Again, that's at Ole Miss. A bottom third or even quarter team in desirability factor in the SEC.

He comes here, wins like he does there, there's no Jeremiah Smith to OSU. If the NIL deals are right, he's absolutely killing in state recruiting and cherry picking players from across the country.

Yes, it's tough to get over that final hurdle. No question about that. He's an example of does more with less in every sense of the definition. Looking at things objectively, that's the only way one J Smith comes here if Kiffin was the coach instead of Mario???

hmmm i thought Kiffin had 5 losses last year...But J Smith would have come here anyway if Kiffin was the coach..hmm got it

Yes, it's tough to get over that final hurdle. No question about that. He's an example of does more with less in every sense of the definition. Looking at things objectively, that's the only way one could see it. He'll likely be the next Bama coach when it's open.
GIF by Giphy QA

I recall people saying this about Miss St to UF with regard to Mullen.

Advertisement

Are u serious?! We been goin 7n5 for I don't know how many years and you talking down on coaches winning 11 games?? I see the shades, are you blind deaf n dumb?

These be some goofy *** takes, we sang with joy when we got washed richt, just say u don't like kiffin and keep it moving..

Are u serious?! We been goin 7n5 for I don't know how many years and you talking down on coaches winning 11 games?? I see the shades, are you blind deaf n dumb?

These be some goofy *** takes, we sang with joy when we got washed richt, just say u don't like kiffin and keep it moving..
A starving man is happy with a hamburger, but a steak is what successful people eat. Do you think Kiffin is a steak?

So then you wouldn’t dare talk down Cristobal, right? The man won 12 games in 2019 and 10 in 2021.

Advertisement
hmmm i thought Kiffin had 5 losses last year...But J Smith would have come here anyway if Kiffin was the coach..hmm got it

Kiffin offense or what we do?

Kiffin wouldn't have had us with Mario's record.

So you do the math.

Advertisement
Back