Rumor Lane Kiffin to Auburn

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will also say that this is exactly how I would see lane’s hiring leaking, auburn has a dysfunctional operation system, and it would leak immediately.

Advertisement
It seems both sides think that lane is gone
814CD1D4-C836-48D4-9F73-1C4746949D19.jpeg
FDB1FB9F-5B37-43B9-8E91-ED2340011FEB.jpeg
087D052E-E478-4388-A660-F7559AC71EBD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Iron Bowl would be fire.

But Auburn has a much better history of plucking South Florida studs than Ole Miss

Advertisement
Auburn is a better job than Ole Miss. You take that offer any day. LOL at some of the people on this board.

That said, Auburn should be going after Freeze.

I think Ole Miss would be a great job. Moderate fan expectations, good brand name, a good donor base. Their biggest problem with keeping any HC doesn't really have to do with football - their state law says a state employee cannot have a contract longer than 4 years. So even if Auburn isn't paying Saban money to Kiffin, it's still more guaranteed $$$ than he could get from Ole Miss.

I think Ole Miss would be a great job. Moderate fan expectations, good brand name, a good donor base. Their biggest problem with keeping any HC doesn't really have to do with football - their state law says a state employee cannot have a contract longer than 4 years. So even if Auburn isn't paying Saban money to Kiffin, it's still more guaranteed $$$ than he could get from Ole Miss.
I don't disagree with the contract length thing. That's weird, and annoying.

I also like the idea of a personal fiefdom, rather than crazy fans.

But Auburn has a lot more money, a lot more tradition, a lot more success, and have outrecruited Ole Miss virtually every year.

Auburn is down this year, but their program can compete for a national championship. Easy? No way. They draw Baga, Georgia, and L$U every year.

I can see people's positions on both sides here, but it's a **** hard offer to turn down.

Didnt Tubberville leave Ole **** for Auburn too? I like Lane going right where he is going to have to fight Saban on and off the field. He's not going to pull a Meyer and scamper off to the Big 10

Advertisement
Back