Lane Gone. No one surprised

hope he does well at marshall. he's probably not getting a degree, but, hope he does while playing for marshall. hope he gets serious about his schoolwork. so far, he hasn't. so, until he proves otherwise, he probably won't amount to anything. hope he turns it around.

Would be crazy if he follows the path of Randy Moss. Get into FSU something happens and he gets kicked to Marshall then turns into a 1st rd pick.

Advertisement
He has character issues. Not a fan of how he jerked around Florida. (Even though it's Florida) Recruits need to handle this process with class and professionalism. He's done neither.

i hope he doesn't qualify either.

Really? You hope he doesnt get into college? cmon mane

whats wrong with him having to go to a Juco, like every other person with the same grades he has?
If he didnt put in the effort, why wish he gets in somewhere
perssonally could care less where he goes, fsu included, but dont be all wholy since you think he is a good football player
He isnt intitled to anything

Advertisement
i hope he doesn't qualify either.

Really? You hope he doesnt get into college? cmon mane

whats wrong with him having to go to a Juco, like every other person with the same grades he has?
If he didnt put in the effort, why wish he gets in somewhere
perssonally[sic] could care less where he goes, fsu included, but dont be all wholy[sic] since you think he is a good football player
He isnt intitled[sic] to anything

:mmkay:

Someone is throwing rocks in a glass house.

636.jpg

Advertisement
From all of the past interviews....We could get CJ, and Lane. Tyre and Lane like brothers..CJ wants all of them to play together

The people in these kids lives whether parents, handlers or street agents have lost focus on education. The changes that CFB is making in education requirements are gonna be the casualty for a lot of kids who are on the fence with their grades.

While I wish Lane wasn't going to FSU I'm not gonna wish bad upon the young man like him not getting into college

Everyone from the teachers at these schools keeping these kids eligible and not making them earn their grades(and instilling academic worth ethic), parents not raising these kids to be good young men who value academics, handlers/agents/coaches taking advantage of them and taking cash to push them to certain schools instead of pushing them to be better people, and society and all these "what's cool" and street cred BS is ruining these kids lives. In this day in age, all these players have the future at their fingertips.....scholarships worth a ton of money that the average kid spends the next 20 years paying back, unlimited academic support, tutoring, first pick of classes, housing, meals, etc.....they could do ANYTHING with their lives as long as they had the right support throughout their childhood......but instead we have an epidemic of college athletes reading at a 4th grade level and graduating with meaningless degrees and devaluing these degrees at otherwise reputable institutions. Some of these kids who do make it end up broke because they are not educated enough to make wise business choices and depends on others who ***** them over. It's sad....really sad. You can blame the NCAA for a lot of things but this is not one of them.

BS, it's about the $$$. Your team be successful on the field it's more $. forget grades. If schools cared so much places liike south Carolina wouldn't have a 37% graduation rate... Golden doesn't win he's out of a million dollar contract... You think he cares about grades righ now.???
The people in these kids lives whether parents, handlers or street agents have lost focus on education. The changes that CFB is making in education requirements are gonna be the casualty for a lot of kids who are on the fence with their grades.

While I wish Lane wasn't going to FSU I'm not gonna wish bad upon the young man like him not getting into college

Everyone from the teachers at these schools keeping these kids eligible and not making them earn their grades(and instilling academic worth ethic), parents not raising these kids to be good young men who value academics, handlers/agents/coaches taking advantage of them and taking cash to push them to certain schools instead of pushing them to be better people, and society and all these "what's cool" and street cred BS is ruining these kids lives. In this day in age, all these players have the future at their fingertips.....scholarships worth a ton of money that the average kid spends the next 20 years paying back, unlimited academic support, tutoring, first pick of classes, housing, meals, etc.....they could do ANYTHING with their lives as long as they had the right support throughout their childhood......but instead we have an epidemic of college athletes reading at a 4th grade level and graduating with meaningless degrees and devaluing these degrees at otherwise reputable institutions. Some of these kids who do make it end up broke because they are not educated enough to make wise business choices and depends on others who ***** them over. It's sad....really sad. You can blame the NCAA for a lot of things but this is not one of them.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1810523 said:
Kelvin Benjamin qualified at FSU and I'm 95% sure he can't read.

I'd say most their players can't read. Their professor was pretty clear on how ****ed up that place is.

Players can't read, star qbs rape girls and don't even get tried. The ish that goes on at that school.

oh so you did an INDEPENDENT investigation on this? what were your findings?

rape is not a joking matter. some of you sicken me.

@_MoneyLane: I did not commit to FSU so top spreading rumors

Lol, but we know he will soon

He's taking his official this weekend to Florida State

We will see if he qualifies

He qualifies...I mean it's FSU.

I remember when Benjamin was coming out he was a huge UF lean, grew up a Gator fan. Meyer wanted him badly and dude read at like a 3rd grade level and couldn't even finish his senior season because he was too old to play. Yet he somehow got in at FSU. FSU wants Lane badly and they'll make sure he gets in.

Qualifying at FSU is NOT easy for normal students. It has 2nd toughest standards and admission rate behind UF for STATE (Public) schools.

that said... will not be surprised if he gets in...

Well yea but we aren't talking about normal students. There was a story that came out recently about how something like 80% of FSU's football players are classified as learning disabled. It's basically a way to game the system and get players who can't qualify in under an exemption. FSU gives zero ****s. If they want a kid bad enough they'll make sure he qualifies.

Unless they are recruiting kids with IEPs, that should be investigated. Should be.

Honestly, CFB is becoming less interesting as the days go by.

Fewer and fewer teams will be able to compete at a high level with all the nonsense going on.

Advertisement
regardless of academics, he has been a **** of a player thus far, and I dont want to knock on some of our guys, but sapp wasnt necessarily a scholar. These kids need a chance regardless where they go....college is a big deal. I hope he gets in somewhere, wish it was at miami, but if not oh well.

regardless of academics, he has been a **** of a player thus far, and I dont want to knock on some of our guys, but sapp wasnt necessarily a scholar. These kids need a chance regardless where they go....college is a big deal. I hope he gets in somewhere, wish it was at miami, but if not oh well.

+1000000
I'm not hating the kid or wishing ill will because he's not heading here... As long as he goes somewhere... I felt the same way about Kevin Grooms... The kid was a menace until he got his act together... I didn't think he was going to qualify to go anywhere, let alone here... I was happy when he committed and was happy for him when he enrolled in Marshall...

Advertisement
Back