Lance Roffers, question on Bobby Petrino

Advertisement
We're gonna face a good amount of motion and elements that will force our back 7 to communicate well.

Hope what appears like a defense likely to still be in "formation" is ready for that early in the season.

We need to win that game.

/notLance
How do you think Guidry’s scheme matches up? I know we are still going to be learning but curious how you think our d will match.

We're gonna face a good amount of motion and elements that will force our back 7 to communicate well.

Hope what appears like a defense likely to still be in "formation" is ready for that early in the season.

/notLance
Do you think Bobby still has it, or has the game passed him by? I know he was losing the program post Lamar, but I'm curious how his offensive scheme will work with athletes like Evan Stewart, Ainias Smith and Moose Muhammad, and whatever RB they have to replace Achane.

Advertisement
Does Lance actually have information on Missouri State? I've tried to research them a little to see if A&M is actually going to be better on offense but there isn't a ton of information readily available besides some basic statistics.

And by just looking at the statistics, Petrino is terrible now. but I know that doesn't always tell the whole story.

Does Lance actually have information on Missouri State? I've tried to research them a little to see if A&M is actually going to be better on offense but there isn't a ton of information readily available besides some basic statistics.

And by just looking at the statistics, Petrino is terrible now. but I know that doesn't always tell the whole story.
IIRC Lance did some analytics work with Missouri State athletics. I’m not sure if he was still involved while Petrino was there or not, but I imagine he may have some thoughts.

lots of people picking them as THEE sleeper team of the SEC this year and rightfully so,
their roster is loaded and their coaching staff is loaded. **** they have 3 former head coaches as assistants

Advertisement
Good thing is Jimbo seems to be micro-managing the offense again, especially with his most recent comments regarding who will call plays.
Based on Jimbo's play calling they will fumble and bumble, and he has someone to turn to and blame........Jimbo would be nothing without the Publix crab scammer, and deep inside he knows it.......he just isn't all that........money behind him will realize that and want a return on their investment.

Advertisement
Best case scenario they come out and beat the **** out of New Mexico with Jimbo calling plays. That validates Jimbo's ego that his offense can get things done. We catch them slipping week 2 and wax that ***, they get it figured out and go undefeated for the rest of the year and we can use that win to boost our resume lol.

Weigman will be the starter and he is the chosen one. IIRC, his pops is a big time booster so you know the deal. But, he supposedly is a talented kid.

@JustAFanHTX not sure if you have any further thoughts on the kid.
He’s going to be a nightmare in the sec. Nobody is Lamar jackson but that sort of system is exactly what he needed to play in. I expect a big jump and for him to be a top QB in the sec. If we sleep on him he’s going to take us outback. I’ve seen his skill set live for years.

Advertisement

/notLance

What makes me incredibly sad, is that you (or ANY 'Canes fan) would actually be worried enough to say that about Missouri State. It's an awful statement about how we have been abused like a trailer park wife for the past 20 years.

Sigh. ..... not your fault.

:cry:

What makes me incredibly sad, is that you (or ANY 'Canes fan) would actually be worried enough to say that about Missouri State. It's an awful statement about how we have been abused like a trailer park wife for the past 20 years.

Sigh. ..... not your fault.

:cry:
Ummm, Petrino is the OC at Texas A&M now. Missouri State isn’t even in the schedule.

Yeah, Missouri State is my hometown team and where I went. Dan Enos was my first OC.

To give an idea of the job that Petrino did at MSU; the year before he got there they won one game. It was in double OT against a winless team.

He took them to their first playoff appearance since 1990 in his very first year (remember, he had a team that won one game the year prior) and they tied for the MVC championship, which is like the SEC on steroids in FCS. The next season he took them back to the playoffs and got them a home playoff game for the first time since 1989. A program that had been to the playoffs twice in their existence he took to the playoffs his first two years.

Last year they had their highest preseason ranking in history (#5) but injuries caused them to have a rough season and then he left. His buyout money from D1 ran out.

Their offense will be a spread with a lot of power principles. If their QB is as good as they think he is, they will have a good offense. Might take them some time to get it going with a new system and you know Jimbo will put his fingerprints on things.

Will be interesting to see how they get along, but don't get it twisted; Petrino can coach. He's had an NFL QB at every stop he's been at other than Missouri State.

He worked wonders here his first year. Football has been an afterthought since late 80's. Nationally ranked team and playoff appearance got the Springfield area hyped but it started to fizzle fast.

Advertisement
Back