Lamont Gaillard

I didnt say he is lol where did I say this? Im saying that if he doesnt feel comfortable with the UGA dline coach which he doesnt and if he felt more comfortable with our coaches he'll sign and if he signs with UGA I wont be surprised because contrary to popular beliefs I never thought the kid loved UM like that even if we did offer 1st but thats just my opinion

The last DT I saw who was a 3 star on one big recruiting site and a 5 star on another was Jalen Grimble.

Not saying this kid is going to be a JAG, but I'm pretty comfortable with Wyche, Heurtelu, Stuckey and Moten.
With our limited scholarships and 82 cap number I'd rather see us press hard for a consensus stud at any position.

Auburn.

Decommitted

Replace Stuckey with Jenkins & your on point. I don'y think we are doing as bad as most people think at DT, 2 JC & 2 HC players.

And Jenkins film looks really, really good. For a kid his size/build he's very fluid, and seems to have great footspeed. Goes sideline to sideline well, and is willing and fast enough to follow the play downfield. Doesn't seem as disruptive as T.V., but he looks as good as anybody else we've signed at DT in the last 5 years. Yeah. I know that's not saying a whole lot.

Advertisement
I hope jenkins plays out well . Would love to see him come in and dominate at the DT position. ,,,,

The last DT I saw who was a 3 star on one big recruiting site and a 5 star on another was Jalen Grimble.

Not saying this kid is going to be a JAG, but I'm pretty comfortable with Wyche, Heurtelu, Stuckey and Moten.
With our limited scholarships and 82 cap number I'd rather see us press hard for a consensus stud at any position.

Auburn.

Decommitted

Replace Stuckey with Jenkins & your on point. I don'y think we are doing as bad as most people think at DT, 2 JC & 2 HC players.

And Jenkins film looks really, really good. For a kid his size/build he's very fluid, and seems to have great footspeed. Goes sideline to sideline well, and is willing and fast enough to follow the play downfield. Doesn't seem as disruptive as T.V., but he looks as good as anybody else we've signed at DT in the last 5 years. Yeah. I know that's not saying a whole lot.

Last edited:
Georgia defensive tackle commitment Lamont Gaillard from Fayeteville, N.C., looks to be sticking with the Bulldogs after visiting Miami over the weekend, his coach at Pine Forest High School said late Monday afternoon.

“There was some conversation back and forth, but I think he’s still pretty much set on Georgia,” Bill Sochovka said. “Right now, that’s where he’s headed to Georgia.”

Gaillard spoke to new Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt after getting an email or text about a defensive tackle possibly flipping from Florida State, where Pruitt previously coached.

“I don’t know if it was somebody outside trying to put some ideas in Lamont’s head to flip him from Georgia to Miami,” Sochovka said. “That’s possible. We all know that.”

Sochovka said Miami did a great job recruiting and made an impressive presentation, but that coach Al Golden knew getting Gaillard to switch was a longshot.

“In my mind, it probably solidified his decision to stay with Georgia,” Sochovka said. “Not saying Miami did anything wrong or bad or anything like that. It probably helped unconfuse him.”

Advertisement
Georgia defensive tackle commitment Lamont Gaillard from Fayeteville, N.C., looks to be sticking with the Bulldogs after visiting Miami over the weekend, his coach at Pine Forest High School said late Monday afternoon.

“There was some conversation back and forth, but I think he’s still pretty much set on Georgia,” Bill Sochovka said. “Right now, that’s where he’s headed to Georgia.”

Gaillard spoke to new Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt after getting an email or text about a defensive tackle possibly flipping from Florida State, where Pruitt previously coached.

“I don’t know if it was somebody outside trying to put some ideas in Lamont’s head to flip him from Georgia to Miami,” Sochovka said. “That’s possible. We all know that.”

Sochovka said Miami did a great job recruiting and made an impressive presentation, but that coach Al Golden knew getting Gaillard to switch was a longshot.

“In my mind, it probably solidified his decision to stay with Georgia,” Sochovka said. “Not saying Miami did anything wrong or bad or anything like that. It probably helped unconfuse him.”

That makes literally no sense. If Miami did a great job it would not have made it clear he should be at Georgia. I swear to God this recruiting thing is weirder every year.

That makes literally no sense. If Miami did a great job it would not have made it clear he should be at Georgia. I swear to God this recruiting thing is weirder every year.

That makes perfect sense.

It's the unknown quantity that has some of these kids hesitating.

After a trip to Miami, where the coaching staff/admins put on a good show, Lamont realised that Georgia has what he's looking for. i.e. he knows what Coral Gables has to offer now, but it's not what he wants.

That makes perfect sense.

It's the unknown quantity that has some of these kids hesitating.

After a trip to Miami, where the coaching staff/admins put on a good show, Lamont realised that Georgia has what he's looking for. i.e. he knows what Coral Gables has to offer now, but it's not what he wants.

I would have loved go have him but he was a long shot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back