Lammons relationship with Miami coach D'onofrio

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Plantation High School athlete Chris Lammons is the recipient of over 10 Division 1 scholarship offers including the University of Miami. He’s been going to camps and 7-on-7s with the intent towards crafting his skill-set on the defensive side of the ball.

“I’ve been doing great,” Lammons said of his performances over the last two camps he attended. “I’ve been locking it down. This last Rivals Camp, nobody caught a ball on me.”

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound prospect recently received an offer from Central Florida and spoke with members of the coaching staff from the University of Miami.

“I talked to them (Tuesday) and I was supposed to be going to their practice Thursday, but I’m going to Florida,” Lammons said. “They told me I could come out there to the spring game. I’m going to try and make it. I talked Coach D’Onofrio. I relate to him. I talk to Coach Williams, too.”

Where does Miami stand among his offers–which consist of Alabama, Florida, Florida State South Carolina, Ole Miss and Ohio State?

“They are in good position,” Lammons said of the Canes. “They are at the top of my list. I don’t have a list of any particular schools, but Miami is up there.”

Lammons doesn’t have a set date on when he’s going to make his college decision, but he does know what he’s looking for in a school.

“Probably (going to commit) before the beginning of my senior year, but if not, at least have my top three. I’m still open. I’m looking for a good program and a hard working coach that is going to push me to work harder than I push myself. The school, education wise for sure.”

interview by Bastian

Advertisement
I expect that 10 to go to 30 very soon. This kid is the goods. Especially if he goes to the Opening.

I would say glad we were the first to offer, but I learned this past cycle that means ****.

At least he held off on committing early and is going through the process the right way. Better to take it all in and then make a decision as opposed to committing at your first offer and then backing off your pledge.

I would say glad we were the first to offer, but I learned this past cycle that means ****.

At least he held off on committing early and is going through the process the right way. Better to take it all in and then make a decision as opposed to committing at your first offer and then backing off your pledge.

we are not his first offer we are like his 3rd or 4th but first among Florida's big 3

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back