Lammons down to USCe, TEN, and ALA - Will decide Monday

CaneBoss

Bossman
Plantation cornerback Chris Lammons narrows college list to top three

A flurry of predictions by coaches and teammates surround Chris Lammons, Quincy Wilson and Ermon Lane, who are set to make decisions Monday.

With a college decision looming on Monday, Plantation cornerback Chris Lammons is down to three schools — South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama, according to Lammons and his high school coach Steve Davis .

Lammons, participating at the Miami Dolphins High School Media Day at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday, said the other two schools in his top five — Florida and Miami — are still in the running to some extent but his final three are set.

“You never know with these kids,” Davis said, “but [Lammons] told me it’s South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama just jumped back into the picture the last couple of days.”

Added Lammons: “That’s true, but I still like Florida. I have until tomorrow to look this whole thing over. In my mind, I haven’t really decided yet. Florida and Miami are [close to] home schools I’d love to go to.”

Lammons, a consensus four-star recruit who will be announcing his decision on ESPNU Monday at 4:45 p.m., visited South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida during the last week of July with Fort Lauderdale University School cornerback Quincy Wilson, and the Gators seemed to be their favorite school after their trip.

Lammons and Wilson shared the idea of playing together in recent weeks, but Wilson acknowledged he and Lammons have “kinda, sorta” come to terms with not playing at the same school.

“It’s still possible, but we’ll see,” said Wilson, who is also announcing his college decision on Monday, but on WQAM 560 at 9 p.m. with Homestead wide receiver Ermon Lane. “I’ll be happy for him [if we go to different schools]. He’s doing what’s best for him and I’m doing what’s best for me.”

Lammons described his friendship with Wilson “like LeBron [James] and Dwayne Wade,” but said playing together is “probably not” an option anymore.

Wilson, a four-star recruit by ESPN and 247Sports, and Lane, a five-star recruit by 247Sports and four stars by ESPN, Rivals and Scout who did not attend the media day event, plan to attend the same school with reported offers from Florida, Ohio State and USC in common.

PLAYER PREDICTIONS

With Lane, Wilson and Lammons all set to announce their college decisions, some highly touted recruits in the South Florida area, more than others, had an idea where the trio might end up.

• Miami Central running back Dalvin Cook, a UF oral commit, on Lane: “I just felt Ermon was a Gator from Day One. I just knew that would be the school he would go to and I just feel like that’s the program he wants to play for deep down inside.”

Cook, in a group conversation with Lammons, Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas defensive lineman Anthony Moten and Miami Central running back Joseph Yearby, said to Lammons: “South Carolina? [You’re going to get] no playing time.”

• Yearby, a UM oral commit, on Lane: “I think he’s going to Florida, but I want him to go to Miami with me. I’m not giving up [though]. I’m gonna talk to him the next couple of days I got.”

• University School quarterback and Auburn oral commit Sean White said he has an idea where Lane and his teammate Wilson will go but, “I don’t want to ruin their day. But I think both of them are going to make big impacts at the school they go to.”

• Miami Booker T. Washington quarterback and Florida State oral commit Treon Harris: “I say probably the Gators. That’s all he’s preaching to me every time he sees me: ‘Gator boy, gator boy.’ He called me today saying that.”

• University School running back Jordan Scarlett on Wilson: “I would like to see him go to Florida, but I don’t know what his decision is going to be.”

On Lammons: “I’ve been playing with him since little league and I hope he goes to Florida, too.”

• Miramar cornerback Tyrek Cole thinks Wilson and Lane will pick Florida, but with Lammons: “I can’t say, but I think he likes South Carolina, Florida and Miami.”

• University School defensive lineman/linebacker and Notre Dame oral commit Richard Yeargin III thinks Lane picks UF while Lammons decides between Tennessee and Miami.

As for his teammate Wilson: “I’m not sure. He could be saying this one day then he might go… I don’t know. I would love for him to go to Notre Dame, but that’s his decision.”

• Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons wide receiver Trevon Lee, who went to Plantation Middle School with Lammons said “All [three] of them are going to Florida. We’ll see Monday.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/...mmons.html#.UgbLQ7zI0II.twitter#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
After reading the article, it seem like Jordan Scarlett really likes Florida. I hope we can make a big impression tomorrow. Lane seems to be a lost cause, good thing we are loaded at WR.

Advertisement
Sounds like everyone of those guys minus Yearby is all about UF. Disappointing to hear Scarlett hoping they go to Florida.

I never fault kids for going to a school they like, but at what point does common sense take over? Follow your head and heart.

Similar to Jacoby Brissett's commitment to Florida, the writing on the wall is pretty easy to see.

Why would any WR commit to play at Florida right now? I can understand Lane going to Bama to win or another school with a good offense and pedigree of putting WRs in the league. Kid will want out after a year.

Its so easy to see, just like Brissett

I never fault kids for going to a school they like, but at what point does common sense take over? Follow your head and heart.

Similar to Jacoby Brissett's commitment to Florida, the writing on the wall is pretty easy to see.

Why would any WR commit to play at Florida right now? I can understand Lane going to Bama to win or another school with a good offense and pedigree of putting WRs in the league. Kid will want out after a year.

Seems like they want immediately playing time and that's what they are offering. But I agree, UF is where WR go to die. Bad business decision.

Not worried at WR or CB either way. Hope they commit to the U, but wish them luck if they don't. This team will pop with them or without them.

Advertisement
Sounds like everyone of those guys minus Yearby is all about UF. Disappointing to hear Scarlett hoping they go to Florida.

This, smh at Scarlett, **** shame.

I'm not disappointed or surprised b/c he does go to University school and whether we like it or not I'm sure Scarlett looks up to Chad Wilson and is close friends with Quincy WIlson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
A few games into the season these kids will see what crap Fl's offense is make a change and drop them. We need to blow them off the field on the 7th.

Seems like they want immediately playing time and that's what they are offering. But I agree, UF is where WR go to die. Bad business decision.

There were days for this program when a group like that committing to UiF would be a gut wrenching disaster. It would also be a Miami class-killer.

Those days are over though.

Sure it still would suck, but we are going to be just fine either way and that's a pretty good feeling to have.

I don't get the problem with University School. They call themselves U school have if not mistaken Kevin Beard as a WR coach. How the **** is there no love at that school for Miami?

Advertisement
Back