Lamar Thomas

Don’t think it happens. If it somehow did, what could his excuse be? BMac goes him to his alma mater. You can’t stand I. The way of that. But DVD gets poached from his alma mater to jump on the bandwagon? He would never be able to show his face in town now that the competition has a seemingly competent coach in Mario. He has to turn it down if he has any brains. This would not be a good look for him.
But that’s not how it works…. He wouldn’t be able to show his face on CIS, because we’d roast him, but he’d be back in Miami doing whatever he does now with no shunning…as long as he wasn’t an ***, everyone would be like congratulations

Advertisement
Lamar Thomas DID recruit this guy:

1643635868200.png

The nearby University of Miami got involved too late, which turned off Jackson’s mom, and had incumbent starter Brad Kaaya already in the fold, Thomas said.

Advertisement
But that’s not how it works…. He wouldn’t be able to show his face on CIS, because we’d roast him, but he’d be back in Miami doing whatever he does now with no shunning…as long as he wasn’t an ***, everyone would be like congratulations
You really think so? Mario will be here for 10 years according to the contract. Sure, if DVD becomes the next Corey Raymond or becomes a highly sought after DC, we would roll out the red carpet. But he goes there to be developmental and tries to come back to get his first CB job (after the disaster under Manny that was last season at least), I don’t think this university is giving him a shot if he bolts now. Beta Blake, perhaps things are different. But under Radakovich? It would surprise me if Clemson had a situation like this at all even from the point of rising from the ashes in the 2010-2012 range.

No amigo, that's incorrect. The penalty was an "offsides" against Bama, which Miami could have declined and had at least a 70 - 75 plus yard play and possible touchdown if Thomas didn't get stripped.
Instead Miami got only 5 yards out of it.

Perhaps the most misunderstood play in college football history. Plenty of BAMA fans have continued to miss the significance of what George Teague accomplished by taking the ball and this after 30 years. Because it was offside by BAMA most folks say it was a great play that didn't matter. But Miami would have simply declined the penalty without the thievery and they would have been in business at the goal line. It really started with Keith Jackson, who totally missed the repercussions of the steal in real-time. Bob Griese was doing his best to explain it but somehow Keith Jackson never sounded convinced. A lot of fans still don't get it.

Advertisement
No amigo, that's incorrect. The penalty was an "offsides" against Bama, which Miami could have declined and had at least a 70 - 75 plus yard play and possible touchdown if Thomas didn't get stripped.
Instead Miami got only 5 yards out of it.

True. I was at the game, it was painful to watch. At the same time, the Bama fans act like Teague performed some sort of miracle. The reality is that Lamar had a knee injury at the time, he was not running at his normal capability.

Regardless, I give credit to Teague for not giving up on the play. He didn't know that Lamar had a knee injury, so you always have to tip your cap to the guy who gives full effort.

And, yes, Lamar could have held the ball differently. Unfortunate situation for him for multiple reasons.

The other thing, Alabama fans like to pretend like the game was over or something, that they dominated everything. But if Lamar scores on that play, it's 27-13 with 24 minutes left in the game and Miami momentum. For all of this vaunted "Alabama ran all over you", it was 10-3 at half. We played five TERRIBLE minutes at the beginning of the second half (six terrible minutes if you count the Lamar Thomas play). We gave up 2 TD in 16 seconds following two interceptions, one of which was a pick-six. If Miami cuts the lead to 14 with 24 minutes to play, and if Gino throws more passes like the one to Lamar and fewer interceptions, Miami has a shot of winning the game. Jay Barker threw for EIGHTEEN yards on FOUR completions. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lamar wasn't loyal to nothing. Lamar was straight out negative recruiting against us when he was at Louisville I believe it was. I'll pass.

True. Although we did just hire the coach who encouraged Wesley Bissainthe to throw down the U on his F$U trip.

True. I was at the game, it was painful to watch. At the same time, the Bama fans act like Teague performed some sort of miracle. The reality is that Lamar had a knee injury at the time, he was not running at his normal capability.

Regardless, I give credit to Teague for not giving up on the play. He didn't know that Lamar had a knee injury, so you always have to tip your cap to the guy who gives full effort.

And, yes, Lamar could have held the ball differently. Unfortunate situation for him for multiple reasons.

The other thing, Alabama fans like to pretend like the game was over or something, that they dominated everything. But if Lamar scores on that play, it's 27-13 with 24 minutes left in the game and Miami momentum. For all of this vaunted "Alabama ran all over you", it was 10-3 at half. We played five TERRIBLE minutes at the beginning of the second half (six terrible minutes if you count the Lamar Thomas play). We gave up 2 TD in 16 seconds following two interceptions, one of which was a pick-six. If Miami cuts the lead to 14 with 24 minutes to play, and if Gino throws more passes like the one to Lamar and fewer interceptions, Miami has a shot of winning the game. Jay Barker threw for EIGHTEEN yards on FOUR completions. Ridiculous.
The bama and PSU natty games will forever live in infamy for UM

Advertisement
Perhaps the most misunderstood play in college football history. Plenty of BAMA fans have continued to miss the significance of what George Teague accomplished by taking the ball and this after 30 years. Because it was offside by BAMA most folks say it was a great play that didn't matter. But Miami would have simply declined the penalty without the thievery and they would have been in business at the goal line. It really started with Keith Jackson, who totally missed the repercussions of the steal in real-time. Bob Griese was doing his best to explain it but somehow Keith Jackson never sounded convinced. A lot of fans still don't get it.
Funny thing is that I walked away from the TV and never even knew that play happened until later. Once I saw that Erickson had absolutely no plan or intention to deal with Curry & Copeland, I decided it wasn’t worth wasting my time.

I always though it was kind of funny that such a monumental play didn’t even count on the stat sheet, though.

I was at that game too; think I saw you ... LOL

Another thing about Teague [**** of a player BTW] is that when they interviewed him post-game, the reporter tried to get him to brag about the play and rub salt into Thomas' wound. But he didn't go down that path, he stayed humble, and instead just said something to the effect that he didn't need to gloat or say anything more to Lamar Thomas about it.

Not directly related to the above [but since this is CIS] another thing that stuck in my mind was that after the game, a couple of my fellow UM buddies were chanting "Roll Tide" on a crowded Bourbon Street.
But those guys were of course not surprisingly thinking with the little head, and apparently honing their ability to network with Alabama women. ;)

Last edited:
Why would Lamar want to work for a "racist" coach?
Wouldn't he be a better fit at a more culturally tolerant SEC school?

Advertisement
Back