Lamar Thomas - Kentucky Question

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
Why did he leave, or was he let go? He’s currently working for a semi-pro team in Utah. If that’s the best he can do, then why do posters want him so bad? The only reason I can think of is that he’s a former Cane and posters on here think we have to hire “Miami guys” in order to succeed.

Advertisement
Ya, but that’s super old news. He got jobs at Louisville and Kentucky after he got fired. So what gives? Why isn’t he at Kentucky anymore?

Ya, but that’s super old news. He got jobs at Louisville and Kentucky after he got fired. So what gives? Why isn’t he at Kentucky anymore?

I was actually putting that as a response to why some people want him as an assistant coach.

Some people love his comments during the FIU brawl.

Why did he leave, or was he let go? He’s currently working for a semi-pro team in Utah. If that’s the best he can do, then why do posters want him so bad? The only reason I can think of is that he’s a former Cane and posters on here think we have to hire “Miami guys” in order to succeed.
Now you understand. Same people want Highsmiff with no college experience at all to come in and save the day.

Advertisement
***** him, never forget.
AAF825FF-8443-4399-856E-5F04F0B9C0E0.png

Advertisement
He doesn't really like the grind of coaching CFB. I hope we don't hire him. With that said, despite some being ****ed at him for the Louisville stuff, he loves the Canes.

Lamar is no longer coaching in college having moved out of positions at Louisville (where he openly trashed the Canes via his postings on Cane websites) and then at Kentucky after a similarly short tenure.

The romance surrounding him coming back to the Canes as a coach is ludicrous. He has NOT been successful as a college coach. Period. I wish him well in his life and respect him as a Cane player. But, he is not an upgrade of our coaching staff.

Time now to move forward, not to reminisce.

Advertisement
He got fired at UK bc they hired him to be their ace south Florida recruiter and he kinda sucked at that.
He explained it the roll up episode he did

Advertisement
Ppl always talking bout certain ex- player's have no experience at da college SO MIAMI shouldn't hire them BUT some of those same ex-player's are considered to be the some of the best player's to play the position at both levels!! SO I guess they aren't qualified to come see at the program they once dominated at.. BUT also experience for them have to start some where, but MIAMI I guess wouldn't be the best start!!

I'M DONE WITH IT, let Blake and Manny keep hiring these future Hall of Fame coach's.... Ed Reed, Micheal Irvin, Ray Lewis, and others aren't good enough to get hired at MIAMI IF they wanted the jobs here... AND WE WONDER WHY MIAMI IS A MID-LEVEL ACC non-contender....🤭🤭🤭

Advertisement
Back