Lamar Miller still got that speed

Advertisement
Yet another Dolphins mistake. LM was only 24 years old and averaging 5+ ypc and we let him, and his elite speed, walk.

Same with our starting TE, Charles Clay, who was also only 24-25 years old and balling, and we let him leave too. Next thing we know, he's the Bills' leading receiver.

Stephen Ross and he crappy New York retreads gotta gtfoh. Tannenbaum? Guy left the Jets roster in shambles and salary cap **** when they finally canned his ***. And we hire him? Really??

Advertisement
Both him & Jonnu Smith had big plays for their teams in this game, I guess those South Fla "soft overrated divas" everybody's always talking about somehow figure out how to play at the highest level of Football in the NFL.

Both him & Jonnu Smith had big plays for their teams in this game, I guess those South Fla "soft overrated divas" everybody's always talking about somehow figure out how to play at the highest level of Football in the NFL.

I am not one of those that says so fla players are soft. However, this doesn't really prove your point. Naming 2 guys who aren't soft means nothing. Its like me saying north carolina football players have that dawg in them and are elite at RBs. Just look at Todd Gurley.

I am not one of those that says so fla players are soft. However, this doesn't really prove your point. Naming 2 guys who aren't soft means nothing. Its like me saying north carolina football players have that dawg in them and are elite at RBs. Just look at Todd Gurley.
Should I name all of the players from South Fla in the NFL which has the most players from any region of America in the entire league, does that prove the point?

Advertisement
Should I name all of the players from South Fla in the NFL which has the most players from any region of America in the entire league, does that prove the point?

No it doesn't. Being soft does not exclude you from being able to play in the NFL. Its not like boxing or MMA where if you are not tough you cannot play the sport. You have softies like Deon Sanders that are amazing because of the amount of talent they have.

No it doesn't. Being soft does not exclude you from being able to play in the NFL. Its not like boxing or MMA where if you are not tough you cannot play the sport. You have softies like Deon Sanders that are amazing because of the amount of talent they have.
That might be true if you're a 1st round draft pick with great exceptional talent that overrides your intangibles, but if you're a mid to late round pick you can't make a team & sustain a career for longer than 2 years while also being soft.

Most of the South fla & Fla players in general in the league are not 1st round picks, they have talent, but raw talent alone doesn't keep you in a league as difficult as the NFL without mental toughness & heart.

My overall point is that this new narrative from people on here that the reason why Miami is down & has been is because Fla players (particularly South fla) are "soft & overrated", is pretty much disproven on a weekly basis around the country in College football & even more so on the most difficult level of football in the hardest league, the NFL which has more South Fla players than any other region in the country.

That might be true if you're a 1st round draft pick with great exceptional talent that overrides your intangibles, but if you're a mid to late round pick you can't make a team & sustain a career for longer than 2 years while also being soft.

Most of the South fla & Fla players in general in the league are not 1st round picks, they have talent, but raw talent alone doesn't keep you in a league as a difficult as the NFL without mental toughness & heart.

My overall point is that this new narrative from people on here that the reason why Miami is down & has been is because Fla players (particularly South fla) are "soft & overrated", is pretty much disproven on a weekly basis around the country in College football & even more so on the most difficult level of football in the hardest league, the NFL which has more South Fla players than any other region in the country.

Yah I agree with you. I never said the florida kids are softer than kids from other states. I just was pointing out that naming 2 guys that aren't soft really doesn't help prove that point. I am with you on the fact that we need to lock down the south florida kids to win championships.

The thing is though if your elite talented like OBJ for example He is a straight *****, but stays inthe league off talent like you said. BUT you also have some mid level NFL players that are very talented, but soft and if they werent soft they would be all stars.

Advertisement
James
Gore
McGahee
Portis
Johnson
Davenport
Miller
Moss

Miller had a nice run but he's not elite.
When it’s all said and done, decent chance Lamar Miller is the third Cane RB in the NFL in terms of yards. He has a bunch of miles left and is already at nearly 5700 yards.

I'll always remember how hyped Canes fans were when Bryce Brown committed to UM. Then Lamar Miller finally got academically qualified, Randy offered him and he committed to UM. Bryce Brown, Mr. All-American high school phenom, came down to Miami for the weekend, saw Lamar Miller play a high school football game and all the sudden decided to take a recruiting trip to Oregon. He wanted no part of being a Miami Hurricane.

:roll-canes2:

That was actually the moment I became a Mike James fan. A local reporter asked Mike James about Lamar Miller committing. He smiled and said he couldn't wait to compete with him. CANE!

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back