Lack of national hype is kinda insulting to both teams....

zoobadger

Recruit
It seems like the national media has unfairly yawned over the Orange Bowl.

You guys have a ton of talent and looked like a borderline lock for the playoffs after you dismantled Notre Dame. And Wisconsin, no matter what, is regarded as a bunch of over-achieving farm-boys who pile up wins only by dint of playing in the perennially lame B1G West.

In fact, it's a really interesting match-up of two legit top-10 teams that could beat anybody in the country with a little luck and a healthy roster. As always, the speed and big play capability of a team like Miami will be a huge challenge for our defense. Our monster OL and run game will be a huge challenge for you guys.

Hopefully lots of people other than our fan-bases will tune it. It should be a fun, close, tough fought game.

Hopefully it's not a PAC-12 ref crew. Egads. That NU/Kentucky game last night was a disaster.

Even if you lose, you can go for a bike ride, walk, run, and drive your cars with your windows rolled down on Sunday. I hate you for that, lol. We deserve to win so we can joyfully reflect on our victory as we're stricken with frostbite as we scrape the layer of ironclad frost from our windshields on the way back to work on Tuesday.

Advertisement
Neither team got much respect this season so I guess it’s to be expected.

If your OL wins the battle against our DL, we won’t be able to score enough to win without our big weapons healthy. Depends if your OL is just Big, slow, hype machines like the Notre Dame line. Our DL manhandled them which is why they never had a shot.

Perhaps its just me but I don't think there's been all that much hype for any of the non-playoff bowl games this year. The bulk of the media attention has been on the playoff games.

Advertisement
Just a sign of the times nowadays only the playoffs matter to the media , personally I miss the old system before the BCS guess I'm just a dinasaur

Perhaps its just me but I don't think there's been all that much hype for any of the non-playoff bowl games this year. The bulk of the media attention has been on the playoff games.

The playoffs have killed the rest of the bowl season. No one cares anymore.

We are not only use to it but learned to love the disrespect. WI got treated like girls this year. We learned long ago that the only thing you can do is rape and pillage.

The long layoff coupled with the nauseating early bowl matchups certainly sucks the excitement out of the end of the season

Advertisement
E$ECPN wouldn't stop badmouthing the BCS (yes, some of it justified, see the 2000 season!) until they got the playoff system they wanted, one that would maximize their return on investment and create the drama they wanted (you think loyal E$ECPN soldier Suckeyestreit's walk off the set wasn't planned beforehand? Please.) in a search for the second part of their revenue stream, ratings/advertisers.

The irony? The primary part of their revenue stream, subscriber fees, is being decimated by cord cutting and E$ECPN is trying to also cut...It's way to profitability, but that usually is a fools errand. Indeed, major publications think that Skipper leaving for substance problem may even be a smoke screen:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/did-john-skipper-really-resign-from-espn-over-a-drug-problem-a-month-after-signing-a-contract-extension/article/2643822

The days of increases in rights fees and conference expansion are most likely done as Bristol craters. Marky Mark Emmert's total outsourcing of CFB will leave a lot of wreckage...

Advertisement
Just a sign of the times nowadays only the playoffs matter to the media , personally I miss the old system before the BCS guess I'm just a dinasaur

I'm one of those dinosaurs that would like to go back to the pre BCS days when several bowls could have an impact on the "M" NC.

GO CANES!!!!

Nice post Zoobadger. Agree with all.
I would say good luck but i wouldn’t mean it.

Can’t believe you got away with saying Egads on this site.

Advertisement
Back