Lack Of Holding Calls

Haven't gotten a single holding call on defense since the FSU game.

FSU - 27 plays after the last hold call
GT - 61
SU - 93
UNC - 92
VT - 75
ND - 63
UVA - 65

A grand total of 476 plays and counting since we got a flag our way.

I mean how is that even possible?

(Duke had 1 hold called, Toledo had 3, Bethune had none)

I saw several holding penalties on Virginia- none of which was called. Does CMR go after the officials and raise **** about the lack of holding calls?

Advertisement
IT WAS COMPLETE ******* BULL****. I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH HOLDING GO UNCALLED IN MY LIFE.

Haven't gotten a single holding call on defense since the FSU game.

FSU - 27 plays after the last hold call
GT - 61
SU - 93
UNC - 92
VT - 75
ND - 63
UVA - 65

A grand total of 476 plays and counting since we got a flag our way.

I mean how is that even possible?

(Duke had 1 hold called, Toledo had 3, Bethune had none)

Breh they were holding on to our DL more than En Vogue *old head referecence look it up*

Advertisement
I’M NOT KIDDING - I ALMOST STROKED OUT THIS FŪCKING GAME ON THE NO-HOLD CALLS.

HOW THE FŪCK IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? PLAY AFTER PLAY OF OUR D-LINEMEN BEING PULLED TO THE GRPOUND BY THEIR JERSEYS, CHAD WAS TACKLED AT LEAST TWICE, AND ON AND ON.

OUR WHOLE 200 SECTION WAS UP IN ARMS. WE WERE FŪCKING SPITTING FIRE!

When was Miami called for holding last? I don't remember. I think they're letting them play.

Advertisement
its unreal that a team that is top in all DL categories never gets calls for holding.

It has been an issue all year. The ACC refs just aren't calling holding for whatever reason. For what it's worth, they aren't calling any holding on us, either. At least it has been consistent.

I saw numerous instances today where our dl was held, but **** it. They’re still eating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like there’s been a directive to the officials to call less holding penalties. It’s anecdotal, but it just feels like I’m seeing way less holding calls this year.

Advertisement
Seems like there’s been a directive to the officials to call less holding penalties. It’s anecdotal, but it just feels like I’m seeing way less holding calls this year.

Agree, even in other games I notice the OL getting away with a lot more holds. Its pretty egrigious in some instances

When was Miami called for holding last? I don't remember. I think they're letting them play.

1 against Bethune
2 against Toledo
1 against Duke
1 against FSU
0 against GT
0 against SU
0 against UNC
0 against VT
0 against ND
0 against UVA

Welp, I guess the ACC just doesn't want to call holding anymore.

It's bull****, but we have been pretty fortunate as well with our OL not getting called for it. I would be irrate if it was one sided against us.

Advertisement
They are definitely not calling holding penalties. If this were an NFL game we would have seen at least 7 holding calls. It definitely works against us because our guys are getting mugged. But because our line just keeps bringing it non-stop the whole game we eventually wear out their o line. Our ends were literally tackled at all times.

"476 plays and counting since we got a flag our way."

It's our duty as true Canes fans to get this out there in the narrative.

With 38 sacks and over 90 tackles for a loss and the amount of pressure we apply, **** near impossible to justify not a single holding call since FSU.

Advertisement
Back