Labor Day weekend games possibly in peril…

Advertisement
This Spring the Weather Channel was saying there has been a long term shift in some weather patterns. Tornado Alley, once Iowa, the Cycclones, and Oklahoma, has shifted several states East. This may also be why it seems that Hurricanes are now impacting Louisiana and Texas more and not hitting the states I remember when I was younger.
I don’t want to get into a climate change debate, but the earth is over 4 billion years old and we only have about 100 years of accurate weather data. There’s definitely some recent pattern changes but I think it’s premature to believe there might be some long term changes.

We didn’t choose hurricane life. The hurricane life chose us! Ready for it! 14-0 with one cancelled game!

I don’t want to get into a climate change debate, but the earth is over 4 billion years old and we only have about 100 years of accurate weather data. There’s definitely some recent pattern changes but I think it’s premature to believe there might be some long term changes.
Wasn't on to a global analysis. May be cyclical, heck we had an ice age fro 1303 to 1850. The short term impact zones have changed and climate shift is unlikely to occur in the next two weeks.

The IPCC says hi.

Advertisement
Like clockwork.. hasn’t been a hint of a storm all year; but let football season come upon us and the Atlantic fires up..

As of now they are calling for a named storm to come up from the Caribbean into the gulf just off of Florida’s west coast on…. Sept 3rd, gameday. And latest models suggest a hit into New Orleans Sept 4…. Which will absolve fsu’s *** whooping at the hands of LSU.

Long way out and I’m sure this won’t be the actual track when it’s all said and done. Let’s hope there’s no shifts eastward….
Get a sharpie and adjust the path. Games must go on.

I have a strict "no Weather Channel" policy in my house. Fear mongering ********. And speaking of ********, I was behind that sawed-off ****head Cantore in a checkout line before Katrina hit (for a while it was projected to hit Pensacola) and he was a total **** to the checkout girl who was a big fan of his.

Like clockwork.. hasn’t been a hint of a storm all year; but let football season come upon us and the Atlantic fires up..

As of now they are calling for a named storm to come up from the Caribbean into the gulf just off of Florida’s west coast on…. Sept 3rd, gameday. And latest models suggest a hit into New Orleans Sept 4…. Which will absolve fsu’s *** whooping at the hands of LSU.

Long way out and I’m sure this won’t be the actual track when it’s all said and done. Let’s hope there’s no shifts eastward….
Isn't the game played in a dome

Advertisement
I have a strict "no Weather Channel" policy in my house. Fear mongering ********. And speaking of ********, I was behind that sawed-off ****head Cantore in a checkout line before Katrina hit (for a while it was projected to hit Pensacola) and he was a total **** to the checkout girl who was a big fan of his.

I met Cantore while bartending in Wilmington, NC back around 2000-2001...that midget walked around the bar like he was royalty. He was trying to stand upright in a Category 1 while we were drinking beer on Wrightsville Beach.

Cantore aside, the Weather Channel has turned into fear propaganda...every snow event now has a name like a Hurricane, every cold front coming thru NC has "severe" storm potential with corresponding colors of red/purple to blow the actual shower out of proportion.

No No No GIF

To me this translates to there hasn't been enough movement in the storm season and they are stoking the flames of fear for the masses. I pray I am right, obviously, but every year they have predicted that it'll be the worst year ever. Fear sells.

Advertisement
I'm a huge weather guy always like tracking any type of weather, but my rule is anything past 7 days is very very iffy especially hurricanes
Have you ever used the app Dark Sky? It has been spot on with weekly weather. I couldnt comment about more than 7 days bc I do not use the app for that.

Advertisement

maybe fsu will push for a forfeit again so they dont have to be embarrassed on national TV

Wasn't on to a global analysis. May be cyclical, heck we had an ice age fro 1303 to 1850. The short term impact zones have changed and climate shift is unlikely to occur in the next two weeks.
Yes! You are talking about the mini ice age during that period. Prior to that the Earth was extremely warm and olive trees grew as far north as Germany. What is most interesting about that period is that it only took 10 years (roughly) for the Earth to transition from a very warm state to an ice age.

Advertisement
Back