La Salle at 9:00PM (Tonight on ESPN3)

Advertisement
Good to see TMJ light it up, but very distressing that Rion did nothing. I hope he can work through whatever is on his mind and contribute something, we need him badly.

Advertisement
Good to see TMJ light it up, but very distressing that Rion did nothing. I hope he can work through whatever is on his mind and contribute something, we need him badly.

RIO is WIP, the athleticism is there. The mental/confidence is not.

I honestly think he has no idea what the **** he is supposed to do anymore. He is out of position defensively, doesnt know if he should attack the rim or shoot the 3, and is kind of beat up mentally.

Canes Win 76-59. Great win.

Canes Win 76-59. Great win.

Understatement. With ACC games coming up this Saturday, every win is a GREAT WIN without RJ. That doesn't mean we can't win without him, it is just a lot more difficult.

@GT on Saturday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great second half. Great win. Scott and Larkin took over the second half, especially Larkin. His move right before the no look dish to Swoope for the dunk was sick. TMJ was solid, and Kadji played decent. LaSalle is a good team and we blasted them once we decided to play.

ps

FSU lost to Auburn

Canes walked just as I suspected. Anyone who watched the full game interested in doing a breakdown?

Canes walked just as I suspected. Anyone who watched the full game interested in doing a breakdown?

Notsince or Consigliere should do one. If not, just steal the **** they said in this thread and pass it off as your own.

Advertisement

Notsince or Consigliere should do one. If not, just steal the **** they said in this thread and pass it off as your own.

I don't roll with the latter cuz. If one of them boys want to do it someone let me know. If not ill just cover the stats.

I don't roll with the latter cuz. If one of them boys want to do it someone let me know. If not ill just cover the stats.

I don't have much to say that wasn't in the thread.

First half sucked and at one point we were down by 11, we missed a bunch of layups and a few guys missed 2 FT in a row. We cut it to 6 at the half.

Second half showed much more intensity and effort, Erased their lead quickly and never really looked back. Larkin turned it up and Scott did as well. Kadji made some big plays, I think he had a double double and Swoope did something positive.

Side note: You got to ask Strauzer to help, send him a PM. Basketball recruiting or just the game, he is on top of everything.

Advertisement
Not much more to add. Missed the first 15 minutes since the feed was apparently from Conmunist Bulgaria. Got the feed when we were up 1 only see Galloway go off, hitting three 3s to put them up 11. We scored a couple buckets, missed some FT and then Larkin missed a layup at buzzer.

We came out with a purpose in the second, but missed 4 straight FT and couldn't pull away. Scott went down funny on his ankle and everyone held their breathe but he was fine. A little gimpy, but he played the rest of the game.

Finally Larkin decided he could take anyone off the dribble, did, and when they played off he hit back to back deep 3s to put us up 10.

From there we coasted

From the herald

### Kenny Kadji’s complete performance in a win against LaSalle on Wednesday (14 points, 11 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 blocks) is exactly what UM needs with Reggie Johnson out six to eight weeks.

Don't underestimate this 76-59 UM win over a good LaSalle team. Since March 2011, every Division I team except LaSalle and Syracuse had lost at least one game by double figures, according to ESPN. That streak ended for LaSalle on Wednesday, when UM stormed back from 11 down.

UM closed non-conference play at 9-3 and starts ACC play Saturday at Georgia Tech. UM’s ACC schedule, incidentally, includes home-and-homes against Duke, North Carolina and FSU.

First half was disjointed. LaSalle was raining 3s. At one point, Larkin had that look on his face.

Game turned in the second half when their bigs (Wright and Zack) got into foul trouble. It was pretty easy from then on vs a small lineup.

Larkin was much more aggressive in driving to the hoop (you could here Coach L screaming at him in the feed).

At one point it looked like Scott injured (ankle or cramp). It didn't seem to slow him down.

TMJ has a sweet stroke when he's on. If he plays consistently like last night (I know he was coming off an illness in Hawaii) his outside shot will open up more driving opportunities for DS and SL.

Rion Brown continues to struggle. I've written him off at this point. Hopefully he can find his chi.

Erik Swoope got some quality minutes. He brings nothing offensively but hustles on D. Reminds me of DQJ or probably more like Jimmy Graham (I know they are totally different players but...)

Tonje didn't play much which surprised me a little. ROK played a couple of mins.

We need immediate JUCO help next year or we're in for some serious trouble.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back