Kyshawn George Commits to Miami

Advertisement
Sounds like we beat out Baylor for him so that’s a nice heads up win against another top program
Just found his instagram and it looks like the other programs he was following were Baylor, Villanova, Tennessee, and LSU. Who knows if they all wanted him, but looks like this could be a nice find if he develops. I read something from a French publication saying his growth spurt caused him knee issues and he playing limited basketball for a couple of years. So hopefully there are no long-term issues there.

This is going to be a relatively young team by our standards next season

Good timing for a Europe trip in August to give the guys an opportunity to gel. Adding Beran would be a really nice bonus to inject some size and experience that fits our offensive identity.

If Watson and Casey develop as hoped… this would be a hella fun 9 man rotation.

Pack/Bens
Poplar
George/Watson
Beran/Casey
Omier/Nwoko

Advertisement
Good timing for a Europe trip in August to give the guys an opportunity to gel. Adding Beran would be a really nice bonus to inject some size and experience that fits our offensive identity.

If Watson and Casey develop as hoped… this would be a hella fun 9 man rotation.

Pack/Bens
Poplar
George/Watson
Beran/Casey
Omier/Nwoko
You forgot Robinson

You forgot Robinson

You’re totally right, I just don’t have any reason to believe that he’s going to break through. I have heard nothing bad… but I have heard a lot of very good things about Watson and although Casey got limited minutes, freshman that get minutes generally tend to become good players under L.

Advertisement
Judging by the fact it was an under the radar Euro guy that we were competing with Baylor for (who have finished ranked 5, 3, 4, 11 last 4 years) this Seems like a good pickup.

Might be a one and done player!
It all depends on how much playing time he gets.
Sitting leads to quitting.

Advertisement
From very little to go on, looks to me like:
He has a soft touch on his jump shots (hard to explain what that means but like ****, you know it when you see it)
Moves well without the ball and has court awareness. Which fits in perfectly to what we do

He needs to get a lot stronger for ACC and NBA play, but that will come with age. Anyone who grows as quickly as he did will be really skinny. But having been much shorter most of his teenage life forced him to develop guard skills. It’s hard to over emphasize how important this is. Not making the comps but Durant and Anthony Davis both benefitted this way from late growth spurts because they had to play guard to play at all, and then they grew.

The obvious deisre will be to put George into Jordan MIller’s role but that sets him up with unfair expectations. I’d love to see him average 8-10 points, and 2-3 rebounds and assists. Don’t forget that shots aren’t easy to come by on a team with Pack, Wooga and Omier who all want to eat first.

I don't follow basketball recruiting at all but a friend who does texted me and said he's viewed as a potential future 1st round pick and on the lottery radar. Likely an instant impact guy with his 3 ball.

But supposedly jumped from 5'10 to 6'6 in a matter of months and messed up his knees, ankle, and back. Had he not had those issues and stunted his development and exposure he could be much more highly regarded at this stage.

Advertisement
I’m very intrigued by this kid. Seems like he has good skills for his size and you know he’s going to get good coaching here.

Advertisement
Back