Kudos to the fans at the game

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
There were about 40K of us at the stadium, during the come back we were on our feet, that was the loudest 40K fans ever. Kudos to my brothers in the end zone for giving **** to the VT players after their scores!. We did our part! I'm going back for more punishment on Friday!. Whats with playing loud music when we are on offense? on the last drive we had music playing as Perry approached the line of scrimmage. Is that guy related to Shanny? Also Sebastian come on! watch clips of our old days in the OB!

Advertisement
Looked like more than 40k
I'd say there was 55-60K at kickoff. Dropped a bit at 28-0 and probably finished around 40K during the comeback.

I completely agree with the OP - the fans who stuck things out were loud as **** in the second half. We were feeding off of every positive play. Felt a lot like the FSU comeback last year, minus the ending.

Advertisement
There were about 40K of us at the stadium, during the come back we were on our feet, that was the loudest 40K fans ever. Kudos to my brothers in the end zone for giving **** to the VT players after their scores!. We did our part! I'm going back for more punishment on Friday!. Whats with playing loud music when we are on offense? on the last drive we had music playing as Perry approached the line of scrimmage. Is that guy related to Shanny? Also Sebastian come on! watch clips of our old days in the OB!
Not me Gave my Club seat tickets away

The few glimpses of what could be one of if not THE best (on occasion) home field advantages and atmospheres in college football only makes me more sick.

This program simply refuses to ever put it all together at once.

Advertisement
I was real impressed by the crowd during the comeback. Figured many would have bolted by then. Too bad the team cant deliver something for those fans even after being gifted chance after chance after chance after chance AGAIN.

Advertisement
Fans were leaving in the second quarter down 28-0. It was never close to 60,000. The 40,000 from OP is more accurate, perhaps somewhat higher at peak.

It was indeed very loud during our comeback. Part of that was the Virginia Tech players who had been repeatedly taunting the Miami student section in the lower west end zone, especially the Hokies kickoff team. Those fans couldn't wait for the tide to turn.

Our atmosphere and game day is only best in the nation if you have nothing else to compare it to. The on-campus environments blow it away and that will always be the case, regardless of any contrived roof.

Most interesting to me yesterday was that the Virginia Tech fans were relegated high in the upper end zone in the northeast side. Typically the opposing fans are clustered in the lower bowl section near the northeast end zone. I'm not sure if this is a new trend designed to keep the opposing fans further away from the action, especially in conference games. Earlier this season the Bethune Cookman and Central Michigan fans were in the same lower bowl visitor section as always near that end zone.

Advertisement
Back