Kris Bogle

Totally different job with no recruiting responsibilities and pretty sure he was an analyst at Atlanta, not a positional coach. But keep trying to use ill-researched conventional wisdom to try and talk down to me, it just makes it that much easier to respond back.

He was a defensive assistant with responsibility for the defensive line.

Advertisement
Totally different job with no recruiting responsibilities and pretty sure he was an analyst at Atlanta, not a positional coach. But keep trying to use ill-researched conventional wisdom to try and talk down to me, it just makes it that much easier to respond back.

He was a defensive assistant coach with the Atlanta Falcons, where he worked with the defensive line everyday and helped with the weekly defensive installs. He worked closely with Atlanta's DC Marquand Manuel and defensive line coach Bryant Young. All of this is literally stated in an article a few months after he was hired by the Falcons. I'm pretty sure that's considered being more than just an analyst.

As it's been proven with Rumph; being able to coach is a completely different skill set than being able to recruit. Simpson may be an excellent coach and his being hired by Quinn completely valid. Doesn't mean he can recruit at the level we need him to, though.

And for the record I'm not saying he can't. It's way too early to tell one way or the other.

Agree on it being way too early... a vast majority of this board was willing to let Coach Kul slide year after year of missing on "top guys" because he had the on-field results and history of high draft picks to justify his evaluations and his overall place on the staff. Now all of a sudden people want to criticize an ex-nfl coach in his first summer of College recruiting??

Advertisement
genius move right here, lets put our WR coach on a DE

A WR coach that is a proven closer and has shown time & time again the ability to earn elite kids trust as well as the family. A much more important skill in recruiting than whether or not he understands a position, but go on keep thinking you're a genius while ignoring sales fundamentals.

his first summer of College recruiting??

That's the whole point. He should never be here in the first place. Miami is not a place where you "learn the ropes", it should be a place where you rise to the top after honing your skill. Shame on CMR for this sloppy hire.

It's not about be able to recruit, what can you really tell a kid to get them to come? You tell them what it is, you stay on them if they don't come they don't want to. If we could drop bags it wouldn't matter if Al Golden was our Dline coach, guys we are not just recruiting against the school, we're recruiting against big time dollars too. How do you tell a 17-19 year old kid to turn down 250K+? And a whole bunch of other great percs.

That's the whole point. He should never be here in the first place. Miami is not a place where you "learn the ropes", it should be a place where you rise to the top after honing your skill. Shame on CMR for this sloppy hire.

Who would you have recommended we hire? The one thing he does have going for him is he was on the other side of the coin for a very long time at a very successful program. It is like hiring a defense attorney that worked at the state prosecutors office for 15 years.

Advertisement

BS. We’ve never done that with head coaches but we should be doing it with assistants? Miami has never been a place where we’re stealing top names from other places. Jimmy coached at the “other” school in Oklahoma. He was 4 games over .500 when got the job. His first year at Miami was a disaster. Erickson was two games above .500 on the D1 level when he got the job. Miami has hired on potential since the 80s
Randy Shannon hadnt been a DC anywhere before Miami. Same goes for Schiano. Hiring Kul was actually a departure from the norm.

Pretty much @caneballza has been wrong on every factual point in his posts for 3 or 4 pages.

Simpson’s just an analyst with the Falcons? WRONG! (buzzer noise)

Miami’s never been a place where assistant coaches “learn the ropes”? Doesn’t even know the history of his own team. WRONG! (buzzer noise)

Add to this his total ratfūck move in trying to snitch on a Miami player in another thread.

Quite a reputation ballsack is building on CIS. Keep it up, ballsack, you’re in the running for fūckface porster of the month.

I just argued with quite a few of these idiots about this same thing a week or so ago. They're such idiotic homers on this board.

Pretty much @caneballza has been wrong on every factual point in his posts for 3 or 4 pages.

Simpson’s just an analyst with the Falcons? WRONG! (buzzer noise)

Miami’s never been a place where assistant coaches “learn the ropes”? Doesn’t even know the history of his own team. WRONG! (buzzer noise)

Add to this his total ratfūck move in trying to snitch on a Miami player in another thread.

Quite a reputation ballsack is building on CIS. Keep it up, ballsack, you’re in the running for fūckface porster of the month.

Depends on what your definition of learning on the ropes is.

& Bryant Young was the DL coach of the Falcons...how much coaching you think Simpson did?

Advertisement
BS. We’ve never done that with head coaches but we should be doing it with assistants? Miami has never been a place where we’re stealing top names from other places. Jimmy coached at the “other” school in Oklahoma. He was 4 games over .500 when got the job. His first year at Miami was a disaster. Erickson was two games above .500 on the D1 level when he got the job. Miami has hired on potential since the 80s
Randy Shannon hadnt been a DC anywhere before Miami. Same goes for Schiano. Hiring Kul was actually a departure from the norm.

Somewhat..normally an NFL assistant = cfb coordinator.

You guys can debate it all you want, but the bottom line is that Jess Simpson should have never been hired here BASED OFF HIS RESUME. He may turn out to be an amazing coach, an amazing recruiter, and Richt will look like a genius. The story has yet to be written....the guy just got here.

But the non-debatable fact is that this guy would not have been hired at FSU or UF based off his resume. Period, end of story. He's not going to make or break the program, so it's really silly to get this worked up about it, but you really can't debate if he deserves this job. He clearly did not.

HOWEVER, that being said, he's a Cane now and he doesn't appear to have the IQ of a fruit fly like half the guys Golden hired, so I'm all for supporting him and seeing if he can get the job done. Not like we have a choice anyway, none of us make the decisions.

Depends on what your definition of learning on the ropes is.

& Bryant Young was the DL coach of the Falcons...how much coaching you think Simpson did?

I know he did more than a video assistant. The Falcons own description have him assisting in installing the defense and helping to coach the DLine. I’m sure Young did most if the coaching, but that’s a good place to learn, Simpson was right there with him. The point is, saying he was merely a video assistant is dead wrong. You can disagree with the hire, that’s fine, but that’s not the point. That’s a different issue. It’s just about basic honesty, and taking a shlt on the guy by saying he was “just a video assistant” is dishonest as fūck, and people don’t need to do that to make a point.

Advertisement
You guys can debate it all you want, but the bottom line is that Jess Simpson should have never been hired here BASED OFF HIS RESUME. He may turn out to be an amazing coach, an amazing recruiter, and Richt will look like a genius. The story has yet to be written....the guy just got here.

But the non-debatable fact is that this guy would not have been hired at FSU or UF based off his resume. Period, end of story. He's not going to make or break the program, so it's really silly to get this worked up about it, but you really can't debate if he deserves this job. He clearly did not.

HOWEVER, that being said, he's a Cane now and he doesn't appear to have the IQ of a fruit fly like half the guys Golden hired, so I'm all for supporting him and seeing if he can get the job done. Not like we have a choice anyway, none of us make the decisions.
Guess he shouldn’t have been hired by the falcons based off of his resume either...

I know he did more than a video assistant. The Falcons own description have him assisting in installing the defense and helping to coach the DLine. I’m sure Young did most if the coaching, but that’s a good place to learn, Simpson was right there with him. The point is, saying he was merely a video assistant is dead wrong. You can disagree with the hire, that’s fine, but that’s not the point. That’s a different issue. It’s just about basic honesty, and taking a shlt on the guy by saying he was “just a video assistant” is dishonest as fūck, and people don’t need to do that to make a point.

True...I wasn't even focusing on the video assistant portion...moreso the learning the ropes portion.

Guess he shouldn’t have been hired by the falcons based off of his resume either...

Makes a lot more sense for the falcons job than here. He was an assistant to an assistant. I'm not going to insult the guy and say he was a **** videographer or whatever nonsense has been said in this thread...but he was an assistant to an assistant. He helped an assistant coach out coaching 1 position group. Also, he didn't leave his home state and the NFL for less money to come here. So, this can be considered a BETTER job than the one he had in Atlanta. Hence, he's more qualified for the lesser job than he is the higher paying job here.

So, the Falcons can afford to hire what seems to be a bright and personable guy for a low paying job (compared to what the full positional assistants make) working schematically behind the scenes.

Much more of a risk for the Miami Hurricanes to hire that same guy for a high-profile position, with an extreme emphasis on recruiting, when he's never recruited. Good to know we're on the same page.

I can see Baga, Tenn or even an Auburn but not the Turds. I think the Turds are about to go thru a Goldenesque era where the only Top recruits they sign are the ones that fancy banging their sisters and grew up diehard **** fans.

It sure looks that way right now.
A WR coach that is a proven closer and has shown time & time again the ability to earn elite kids trust as well as the family. A much more important skill in recruiting than whether or not he understands a position, but go on keep thinking you're a genius while ignoring sales fundamentals.

Dugans needs to be spending his time with the 20 WRs and putting the full court press on Haselwood.

Advertisement
Back