Kris Bogle

I know you didn't say this so I'm not putting words in your mouth, but if anyone thinks that only Auburn is going to include bags as part of their pitch to him, they're straight out of their minds.

Auburn is just the latest team to join the bag race. The kid has already been to Tennessee on an official. Pruitt cut his teeth under Saban and Kirby, you think Tennessee isn't jumping right into the game now that he's there?

Honestly, its going to take one of the schools to just say eff it and blow the whistle on the rest of them while falling on the sword. I don't know if that's in the cards but UF is def a candidate to snitch the rest out if they fall behind UGA and UT for too long.

Advertisement
This may sound good, it may even make people feel good but there were many reasons to choose UGA over Miami that didn’t include “bags”. I want every top kid to choose Miami but it’s delusional to believe Miami is the best at everything.

- Education? Miami’s not even the best of the major football schools in Florida; and how many 1st round draft picks are concerned with getting a PhD anyway?
- Fans? Not even close. Miami fans actually question donating to the program. UGA boosters...well, that’s what’s ****ing folks off, right?
- Alumni network? UGA. Hands down.
- Attendance? They did 90k+ for a spring game. They sell out against the Troy’s and Savannah St’s of the world.
- Facilities? UGA hands down.
- Miami may have put out a “crap ton” more DB’s, but Smart isn’t comparing UGA’s DB production ... he’s selling his Bama work.
- UGA can credibly argue that they’ll be playing for the championship every year (I don’t believe they will but that’s beside the point)
- Your comparison should be Coral Gables v Athens or Miami v Atlanta, imo. Either way, for what he wants - or what they sold him on, Atlanta MAY have more advantages.

Right now, I’d rather think about Bethel than guys who left. Or any of the guys who actually want to play for Miami. Those other guys never did.

What? Miami is ranked ahead of every school in the state. What crack pipe are you smoking?
What? How many undergrads go to UGA in comparison to Miami? The student/alumni argument is always hilarious to me. Do you even know how many kids attend Miami annually including Graduate students? Amazing how the ****** students at UM blew away the College Gameday Crew, but wait that didn't happen right?
Alumni Network. Really hands down? Based on what? Opinion?
Facilities? Really? Based on what? After this August that point is bull****.
UGA is playing for a title every year? Interesting. I guess going 6-6 year one and title game the next sets a historical precedence. Not to mentioned Kirby did it with a team full of Richt's guys. Irony.

It isn't Miami vs Atlanta as Atlanta is an HOUR AWAY from Athens. Nothing happens in Athens Georgia. It's ******* Athens.

Your whole post is biased bordering on Tropic Thunder esque levels of ******.

The less you post the better this board is.

What? Miami is ranked ahead of every school in the state. What crack pipe are you smoking?
What? How many undergrads go to UGA in comparison to Miami? The student/alumni argument is always hilarious to me. Do you even know how many kids attend Miami annually including Graduate students? Amazing how the ****** students at UM blew away the College Gameday Crew, but wait that didn't happen right?
Alumni Network. Really hands down? Based on what? Opinion?
Facilities? Really? Based on what? After this August that point is bull****.
UGA is playing for a title every year? Interesting. I guess going 6-6 year one and title game the next sets a historical precedence. Not to mentioned Kirby did it with a team full of Richt's guys. Irony.

It isn't Miami vs Atlanta as Atlanta is an HOUR AWAY from Athens. Nothing happens in Athens Georgia. It's ******* Athens.

Your whole post is biased bordering on Tropic Thunder esque levels of ******.

The less you post the better this board is.
Add all of that to the fact that he joined June of 2017 and it screams troll

I won’t count what you did a post, it’s actually a cry for help. You didn’t provide a single fact.

University of Florida is the highest ranked school in the State of Florida, not Miami. That invalidated everything you wrote after.

You probably don’t realize it but you proved MY point about Miami’s facilities. UGA is better...by a lot.

Post with less emotion, or log out.
Be a Cane fan or log out

I won’t count what you did a post, it’s actually a cry for help. You didn’t provide a single fact.

University of Florida is the highest ranked school in the State of Florida, not Miami. That invalidated everything you wrote after.

You probably don’t realize it but you proved MY point about Miami’s facilities. UGA is better...by a lot.

They aren’t better by alot actually now that Miami has made improvements with the new indoor and now 200 million in to the housing facilities. Uga facilities are still behind sec schools like Auburn, bama, Texas a&m and others

Advertisement
To say the alumni network of UGA will work out better for a south Florida player after he graduates UGA is all kinds of retarded.

I can personally guarantee it will work out better for a UM player from south Florida as long as he gets his degree.

Some people on this site just talk out of their ***.

I will agree we do have some of the shlttiest message board fans or porsters ever. Our core base of fans, while small, is excellent. Our south Florida alumni network, in south Florida is good and getting better. Especially if you stay in the area.

I don’t discount the improvements, Brock. And, Miami is trending in the right direction, but to say that Miami has better facilities than UGA is absurd.
I didnT say they were better but they aren’t far behind, I been To uga before. Miami’s housing facilities are better than anyone in the country when it gets completed and the ipf will be top notch with a new recruiting suite, offices, Weight room and video room

Well you are wrong about UF so that invalidates everything you said right?
so let me know when 53>47?
The University of Florida (UF) is a public land-grant and research school that U.S. News & World Report ranked 53rd among national universities

Ranked 47th among the top universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report the University of Miami (UM) is currently the highest-ranked school in the state in the national universities category

No, it’s STUPID to believe that Miami has more influence than UGA. Nobody outside of the truly delusional believe that.

Alumni network? The 50 Most Powerful Alumni Networks - Best College Values
Best College? https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges

So you’re using totally arbitrary ranking measures that apply to the average college graduate (please read the criteria for measuring the power of the alumni network) rather than real word examples.

That is a meaningless ranking of no significance to a graduating football player. The actual degree has more value, and Miami’s has more value than UGA’s.

You’re the typical message board porster. Full of superficial bullshlt but no real world knowledge.

The alumni network that counts is the one that gets UM football graduates access to future employers after they graduate.

Something which I happen to have personal experience with and of which you know nothing.

A UM football player with a degree in south Florida has options. More options than the same player with a UGA degree.

Advertisement
Last year's ranking. so they moved UF ahead of Miami this year.

University of Miami is declared No. 1 (at least in Florida)

That’s fair. At least we can account for the discrepancy. But as of now...Miami is not the first among the Florida football elite.

The rankings from USNWR are NOT just about academics. So many factors come into play to calculate them - ie Alumni donations, student responses to surveys, etc.

If the rankings were pure academics - Miami would absolutely be #1 in Florida.

Advertisement

UGA might be a better option for a neutral kid but not to a local kid at all. Your moving away from your family and your hometown for what? Inferior education and better facilities? If facilities talked Oregon would be the kings of college football.

I agree you’re away from family, but some kids want that. As for inferior education...depends on how much of a student he is - just like anywhere else.
There are better options to move away to also. Campbell coulda easily gone to Bama or LSU. Good facilities, education at the same level as Georgia, away from home. The fact that Georgia came in and changed his mind in such short time has got to at least raise concerns as to what the **** they doing over there.

Advertisement
I don’t doubt that a UM player in SFL has options, but so does a UGA football player in the metro Atlanta area. Plus, there are more Fortune 500 companies with UGA grads. We’ll have to agree to disagree, especially when that same “vibrant alumni” won’t even pony up for an IPF...

Again, you’re trying to pass off your opinion as fact. At least I found some source, where’s yours that isn’t some deluded message board crybaby. It is what it is.

I’m not trying to pass off an opinion as fact.

I’m passing off personal experience as fact.

You’re trying to be some message board hero using arbitrary and subjective rankings about something which anybody with employment experience in the south Florida market can school you on.

If a typical south Florida athlete thinks he’s better off in the long run with UGA degree and wants to go live in Atlanta, more power to him. He can do the same thing with a UM degree and get first in line if he ever wants to come back to south Florida.

By the way, most of our athletes end up back here. Better school, better local network for them, better academic reputation nationwide.

I can also tell you that in my personal experience, among Fortune 100 companies, the UM degree counts for way more than a UGA degree, and is more highly respected.

Go be a Georgia fan. You sound like one.

My opinion is that college football is boring AF without he U.
The recruiting power of the U as a playoff team will overtake any bag game.
The national spotlight and the merchandise revenue will overtake bama.
I think I posted this before but I remember in the early 90’s when I served I was stationed in the west coast. Everyone had Miami gear. Marines from all over were cane fans. Call it bandwagon or not. The cultural significance of south Florida makes it easier to be a Canes fan than a tide or bulldog fan.
Just like life, hard part is always getting over the hump.

Advertisement
Back