KR and PR

Advertisement
Why the **** are you watching **** from ******* TWENTY years ago? Nobody gives a god**** **** what happened in 2002 anymore.

dude I’ll be 40 in June, and this was my college years and great years. Got sick of watching 2017 ND game over and over, only good meaningful game we’ve played since 2002.

Advertisement
Berrios was slept on as a PR. KJ was very good as well. May not be the speedsters from back in the day but if we were winning consistently this wouldn’t even be a topic.

KR is where I think we’ve been lacking more than PR.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Punt return hasn’t really been the main issue with our return game

Last edited:
It’s **** like this that reinforces the fact that this current staff ain’t it.

Fielding subpar return units is a dead give away amongst many other things.

Is there any coincidence that the majority of your great returners were under butch?

Advertisement
Last 3 HC's weren't/aren't signing dynamic guys and haven't been putting enough emphasis on pure speed. Every year in South Florida there's some undersized kid with explosive short-area quickness who can return kicks. They're not coming to Miami anymore.

Golden's guy could've been Isaiah McKenzie. Didn't even recruit him. "Too small."
Tutu Atwell could've been another one.

With where our program is located, we should never struggle to have explosive return men. Even as bad as Shannon's tenure was, we still had guys housing kicks.

We should throw all the size protocols out the window and sign at least one Roscoe Parrish type every couple recruiting cycles. Bring their little asses here just to catch bubble screens and return kicks.

We used to recycle electric return guys every few years. It was one of the distinct advantages we had over the rest of the country. How did we get to this point?

I agree bro. i would have taken schwartz that went to auburn just for his speed.

KJ was 3rd in the NATION in punt return average. ThEY DoN’t HaVE rETuRn MeN.

Advertisement
It’s **** like this that reinforces the fact that this current staff ain’t it.

Fielding subpar return units is a dead give away amongst many other things.

Is there any coincidence that the majority of your great returners were under butch?
When you have a good STs unit in College it mainly just indicates that you've got crazy depth.

That's mostly why our STs unit has been ****e for a decade.

When you have a good STs unit in College it mainly just indicates that you've got crazy depth.

That's mostly why our STs unit has been ****e for a decade.

Depth is overrated.

Best players need to play
Best players need to be put in position to succeed

We do neither.

Advertisement
KJ was 3rd in the NATION in punt return average. ThEY DoN’t HaVE rETuRn MeN.

Not only that, but in 2016 we were #10 in the P5 in punt return average. In 2017 we were #5, and in 2018 we literally had the best punt return squad in the entire country! We were #1 in the P5 punt return yardage, #1 in punts returned for touchdowns and #2 in punt return average.

I mean the whole premise of this thread is ****king nonsense!

We've had the #1 punt return squad in the ACC the past three seasons.

We literally have an elite special teams unit (punt returns).

You people are fuuckkng unbelievable.

Last edited:
Not only that, but in 2016 we were #10 in the P5 in punt return average. In 2017 we were #5, and in 2018 we literally had the best punt return squad in the entire country! We were #1 in the P5 punt return yardage, #1 in punts returned for touchdowns and #2 in punt return average.

I mean the whole premise of this thread is ****king nonsense!

We've had the #1 punt return squad in the ACC the past three seasons.

We literally have an elite special teams unit (punt returns).

You people are fuuckkng unbelievable.
I don’t know what’s worse this thread or the “run defense is terrible” thread.

I just need someone at PR that will field the ball, gain some yards and not turn it over. I think the 2021 kid Curtis is our PR for the future. IMO I don't see Pope in that role, Rooster can do it but I'd rather keeping him healthy to rotate with Cam/Chaney/Burns at RB. If the staff really wanted to try something they could put Avantae back there but again he needs to be fully healthy for DEF because he will play a ton along with Harrell.

KR I say we stick Burns back there along with Restrepo and we'll be good.

Advertisement
Back