Kool Aid Can Get You Drunk

Mark has to make changes. Changes that show he is NOT Golden and stuck on his crap that is not working. Changes that show the winning is more important than an assistant coach who should not have had the job to start with.

Who should we start with? Rumph? Oh wait, he is actually pretty good. Please let us know who needs to get canned after 6 games.

Defense is working, so no changes are implied there. Offense is what sucks; there is where Mark needs to make changes. Mark is rapidly going from god to demon for our fan base, or much of it, and he needs to show all of us that we are not living in the movie Groundhog day. We need real live QB coach and OC not on job training programs. Mark needs to really step up his play-calling. NCAA limits players' practice time but Mark can practice play-calling 24-7.

Advertisement
I agree with most of what you are saying.

However.

In my book there will never be a legitimate excuse (barring some Terry Porter type schit) for a corch to lose to to a team that has a less talented rooster.

UNC has a much less talented rooster across the board than we do.

There is no excuse for that loss. None.

Do you agree that this is still a golden team? Because if you do that easily explains how we lose to smaller roosters. I'm not happy about it, but we're going to lose to some teams that have little roosters in the near-term.

Yeah, he needs to make a staff adjustment this off season or have a come to Jesus moment in revitalizing his play calling skills, but regardless, I think it will take one more year to truly shake off what Coker, Shannon, and Golden (especially Golden) have implemented in 14 years here. Hopefully we can step back from the ledge, get back to reality, and continue to root for this team. The "Football Gods" didn't play a trick on us, they didn't make us drink the Kool Aid, but sometimes when you mistake want or hope for reality, you find yourself in a world of pain.

exactly this.

nick saban went 7-6 with a loss to louisiana-monroe in year 1 because he inherited a dumpster fire.

*obviously, richt isn't saban,* but expecting 11-plus wins and an acc title immediately after a changeover is ridiculous. change takes time, especially changes on the mental side of the game. we've been playing scared for a decade.

But Rick coaches scared, so how's he going to solve the alleged problem of the players "playing scared for a decade"?

However.

In my book there will never be a legitimate excuse (barring some Terry Porter type schit) for a corch to lose to to a team that has a less talented rooster.

Those damned roosters.
dVDwdcgzgVM9W.gif

That's why we should never have gotten ****y.

Yeah, he needs to make a staff adjustment this off season or have a come to Jesus moment in revitalizing his play calling skills, but regardless, I think it will take one more year to truly shake off what Coker, Shannon, and Golden (especially Golden) have implemented in 14 years here. Hopefully we can step back from the ledge, get back to reality, and continue to root for this team. The "Football Gods" didn't play a trick on us, they didn't make us drink the Kool Aid, but sometimes when you mistake want or hope for reality, you find yourself in a world of pain.

exactly this.

nick saban went 7-6 with a loss to louisiana-monroe in year 1 because he inherited a dumpster fire.

*obviously, richt isn't saban,* but expecting 11-plus wins and an acc title immediately after a changeover is ridiculous. change takes time, especially changes on the mental side of the game. we've been playing scared for a decade.

But Rick coaches scared, so how's he going to solve the alleged problem of the players "playing scared for a decade"?

You know what Chise, u make a very valid point. That's the truth he has to face. If he continues to coach scared, then we're doomed...but something tells me he trusts his def more than the O. He said all year the def was ahead of the O. So I'm hoping it's a matter of trust v. coaching acumen

Advertisement

exactly this.

You know what Chise, u make a very valid point. That's the truth he has to face. If he continues to coach scared, then we're doomed...but something tells me he trusts his def more than the O. He said all year the def was ahead of the O. So I'm hoping it's a matter of trust v. coaching acumen

He's getting $4M per to make his offense trustworthy and to maximize its potential. I don't want to hear nonsense about him not trusting his offense. If he doesn't trust his offense then he doesn't trust himself.

exactly this.

He's getting $4M per to make his offense trustworthy and to maximize its potential. I don't want to hear nonsense about him not trusting his offense. If he doesn't trust his offense then he doesn't trust himself.

I agree, completely

However.

Then proceeds to ask for Butch Davis 20 times a day

You can't help but laugh

:jordan::jordan::jordan:

However.

You can't help but laugh

We shoulda grabbed him. If we are gonna be forced to have schitty corching we might as well have someone that we know will stack the rooster.

Advertisement

However.

You can't help but laugh

We shoulda grabbed him. If we are gonna be forced to have schitty corching we might as well have someone that we know will stack the rooster.

& the ncaa violations

However.

You can't help but laugh

& the ncaa violations

Which ones were those?

Solid post, OP. I definitely think a few people got over their heads after the 4-0 start and maybe forgot that this is still a team/staff with holes. That said, coaching is all about adjustments and making changes. I'm pretty **** sure Mark Richt isn't happy about the way the offense has played these last two games. I'm sure we'll see some changes and adjustments. Now, is it too far into the season to see any dramatic shifts in philosophy this season? Yeah probably. But...there's a few things they can shift on the fly to make things work a bit smoother. At least for the time being. I think criticism at this point is valid for the most part. Crying about firing coaches right now is reactionary garbage though. I think the previous regime's undoing was seeing something that wasn't working but still trying to force it with no ability to adapt. I'm hoping that Richt is seeing that this team isn't capable or playing the type of offense he wants and tires to at least alter a few things to play to his team's strengths instead of trying to force them to be Wisconsin.

Solid post, OP. I definitely think a few people got over their heads after the 4-0 start and maybe forgot that this is still a team/staff with holes. That said, coaching is all about adjustments and making changes. I'm pretty **** sure Mark Richt isn't happy about the way the offense has played these last two games. I'm sure we'll see some changes and adjustments. Now, is it too far into the season to see any dramatic shifts in philosophy this season? Yeah probably. But...there's a few things they can shift on the fly to make things work a bit smoother. At least for the time being. I think criticism at this point is valid for the most part. Crying about firing coaches right now is reactionary garbage though. I think the previous regime's undoing was seeing something that wasn't working but still trying to force it with no ability to adapt. I'm hoping that Richt is seeing that this team isn't capable or playing the type of offense he wants and tires to at least alter a few things to play to his team's strengths instead of trying to force them to be Wisconsin.

Absolutely agree w/ you. Richt told us the offense was behind from the get-go, but the first 4 wins had us pumped, but that number 10 ranking blinded us. It was fool's gold. Personally, I think we should be 6-0, but one of the things that Richt kept harping on was to see how mentally tough this team was, to see how they would respond to getting punched in their mouths. We can clearly see this team facing adversity is not the greatest. The coach will have to make some adjustments, for sure, but we have a bunch of soft minded players on this team.

Swag 16 was the start of the new face of Canes football. You have Shaq playing w/ half a shoulder. Pinckney playing w/ hamstring stinger and a club on the hand. McCloud hasn't been right all season. Richards dealing w/ turf toe. Homer probably our best ST guy right now. Meanwhile, you have Coley coming off the field after EVERY tackle. Jenkins talks big, but gets ran over left and right. Chad taking plays off. Kaaya.....nevermind. The OL..............nevermind. We need to weed out certain cats. I think 15 was an underrated class as well, in regards to picking up their lunch pales waiting to play. The culture has to change, for sure, and it's slowly but surely getting there.

Advertisement
I have to give it to the guys that named:

kayaa is a statue, not a 1st round draft pick

this oline is fcs

these "playmakers" such as our 2 nfl tight ends haven't done sh*t in real games ( drops errywhere )

lot of hype and I bought into it, these were the guys that have been around and seen more football than I have

Advertisement
Back