KNOW UR ENEMY ( U of L)

We a different team than the one that got their *** whooped in the bowl. The young talent has finally matured, we have depth and competition at most positions and we have the Duke. Still have Coach No D but he would have to be pretty bad to not field a decent D with all the talent avail. So No Worries...

Advertisement
A few years back some of us wanted DT Pedro Sibiea (Homestead HS) to land a UM offer because of his athleticism. Well Petrino just turned him into a Off Guard in order to bring more athleticism to the U of L Oline.

[video=youtube;OznfrhXfVOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OznfrhXfVOU[/video]

This is Sheldon Ranks whom Sibiea was referring to. An notice from Ranks comments that U of L will run a 3-4 scheme and he was a SDE whom is now playing DT with A or B responsibility which is would imply they are running some type of flex front.

[video=youtube;C3s1z1QpCI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3s1z1QpCI0[/video]

They won't run a 3-4 because they don't have NT for it... No way there's more than one DC stupid enough to do that. We'd run for 500 yards on them.

This spring is just the beginning of a major defensive overhaul for the Cardinals, who have to replace seven starters on defense, welcomed in a new staff and introduced a 3-4 scheme under first-year coordinator Todd Grantham.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/68529/louisville-defense-begins-overhaul

Todd Grantham is there (sic) D Coord...UGA fans rejoiced when he left for Looserville

LOL! So, is it "loose" or "lose" you're trying to pun, Gator?

Assuming the latter, that's pretty rich from a fan that "Loserville" punked pretty **** bad a little over a year ago. Maybe you guys oughta stick with trash talking the other Kentucky team. You know, the one you can beat...

Last edited:
I know that they just beat us in the bowl game and are talented. However, I still think we need to win this game. I consider this to be a very important test for the defense! For three years we have been hearing Golden and D'Onofrio preach about the importance of being "multiple" and adjusting to the different types of offenses in today's world of college football. Petrino is EXACTLY the reason we have this defensive scheme. Spread offenses are designed to create more potential openings than the defense is able to cover. One of the main reasons we run our defensive scheme is to steal back a gap or two from these spread offense via two-gapping.

Theoretically we "should" be well prepared for this style of offense. If we get gashed in the very first game that Petrino installs his new scheme, I will consider it a MAJOR disappointment.

Advertisement
31.gif

I know that they just beat us in the bowl game and are talented. However, I still think we need to win this game. I consider this to be a very important test for the defense! For three years we have been hearing Golden and D'Onofrio preach about the importance of being "multiple" and adjusting to the different types of offenses in today's world of college football. Petrino is EXACTLY the reason we have this defensive scheme. Spread offenses are designed to create more potential openings than the defense is able to cover. One of the main reasons we run our defensive scheme is to steal back a gap or two from these spread offense via two-gapping.

Theoretically we "should" be well prepared for this style of offense. If we get gashed in the very first game that Petrino installs his new scheme, I will consider it a MAJOR disappointment.

That's because you still believe there's hope.

The youngsters here still excusing Golden are too young to have EXPECTED to win every game as we used to.

Golden has more excuses than a gnu's *** has flies during fly season.

Hi Canes Fans! I come in peace and really look forward to life in the ACC. I was a preferred walk-on 20+ years ago when U of L's stadium shared a minor league baseball park. So watching games in an all seat-back 55k stadium on the verge of expanding to 70k+ and being in the ACC playing the likes of Miami as a scheduled game is a dream come true.

That being said, I'm glad my place firmly on the bench in the early 80's was enough to inspire this team to grow up and kick some butt. I was happy to see at the spring game that although we will miss Bridgewater terribly, Will Gardner passed for 542 yards, 32 for 37 and rolled up 951 yards of total offense, we are in good hands. He fires missiles and has LOTS of talented targets. Teddy was a finesse, wiggly guy with deadly accuracy while Will is a Rocket launcher with deadly accuracy. Copeland was a game changer but we have 3 to fill his spot.

Some of you are spot on about our D. however 3 major contributors were out for the Spring Game and will be ready for the Summer. We need Grantham to show us his stuff.

Anyway - Good luck to you and let's have us a **** of a game!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hi Canes Fans! I come in peace and really look forward to life in the ACC. I was a preferred walk-on 20+ years ago when U of L's stadium shared a minor league baseball park. So watching games in an all seat-back 55k stadium on the verge of expanding to 70k+ and being in the ACC playing the likes of Miami as a scheduled game is a dream come true.

That being said, I'm glad my place firmly on the bench in the early 80's was enough to inspire this team to grow up and kick some butt. I was happy to see at the spring game that although we will miss Bridgewater terribly, Will Gardner passed for 542 yards, 32 for 37 and rolled up 951 yards of total offense, we are in good hands. He fires missiles and has LOTS of talented targets. Teddy was a finesse, wiggly guy with deadly accuracy while Will is a Rocket launcher with deadly accuracy. Copeland was a game changer but we have 3 to fill his spot.

Some of you are spot on about our D. however 3 major contributors were out for the Spring Game and will be ready for the Summer. We need Grantham to show us his stuff.

Anyway - Good luck to you and let's have us a **** of a game!

Uh-oh. I wouldn't describe Olsen's spring game that way. Trouble?

We a different team than the one that got their *** whooped in the bowl. The young talent has finally matured, we have depth and competition at most positions and we have the Duke. Still have Coach No D but he would have to be pretty bad to not field a decent D with all the talent avail. So No Worries...

Plenty of worries...untested redshirt freshman QB starter with no game experience, who looked fair in spring game; uncertainty in the defensive middle where we have been soft the last two seasons. Best RB coming off of injury. Playing back to back against a team that whooped our *** and just seems a lot tougher than we are, notwithstanding the loss of their QB and a slew of defensive players. I think this game is a lot tougher than most think it will be. I'm less convinced our problems on defense are coaching, and think that we have suffered from mediocre talent throughout. We're starting to correct that but we might not yet be there.

Todd Grantham is there D Coord. He was at Georgia the past few years running his 3-4. He likes to mix it up and bring pressure

Remember Jarvis Jones destroying UF 2 years back??

That had more to do with our (UF's) ****ty Oline than Grantham's coaching. The guy is a mediocre at best DC. UGA fans rejoiced when he left for Looserville

Hope you're right. I know nothing about him. Half of Oklahoma State's fans were not at all unhappy to see Jimmy Johnson leave for CG after a 5 year record of 30-25. He was regarded as nothing more than mediocre by many. Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders for a coach, or player.

Advertisement
The Pizza palace will be even more hyped up than this, for the Miami game I am trusting our boys will be ready cause this **** is crazy it is ALL Red up in there.

And remember LB Keith Brown who wanted UM to offer his brother as a package deal coming out of Norland, well KB got hurt last year so he didn't play and will look to make this his statement game.

Article on KB being injured
http://www.gocards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040214aac.html

Video interview on KB missing spring practice
http://www.gocards.com/allaccess/?media=443313

[video=youtube_share;YA1J7x04CkU]http://youtu.be/YA1J7x04CkU[/video]

Last edited:
Their LB's can run really well especially Keith Brown #1and James Burgess Jr #13. These s. Fla kids were turned away by UM so lets see if UM made the right choice back then, my money is on our boys. KB wanted a package deal for his brother and burgess jr despite being a legacy was slow played by the staff at the time. Burgess is Louisville's leading returning tackler.

[video=youtube_share;u0itlJjCU40]http://youtu.be/u0itlJjCU40[/video]

Last edited:
And here's one to hoping the Duke gets a chance or ten to embarrass him in the open field! To be honest my only hope is that this was a different squad when we had Duke. He is the heart and soul of this team. As long as he is on the field we will have a chance to beat any team. We have stated strong under Golden for the most part. And I expect that to continue this year. After that who the heck knows.....

Advertisement
Keith Brown eliminated us, not the other way around. If he himself had wanted to come, we would've welcomed him with welcome arms.

Lville had THREE first rounders. We're looking at MAYBE Saturday before the FIRST Cane goes in the draft. No wonder we got hazed in the RAB.

Really clear how depleted our team was and how much ground we have to make up.

Advertisement
Back