KNIGHTON

Advertisement
Advertisement
I already explained this to you jerk-offs.

Not sure why you always get in your feelings about the FACTS regarding Deerfield .... that UM hasn't gotten a top notch player from there in a LONG time.

I realize you are now on the staff there and hopefully with Fields we can make headway with some of the younger guys but until an actual top player from Deerfield goes to Miami then the overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence is that Deerfield is the problem will be the talking point.

If your answer is we suck and don't recruit well then why have we had success at a lot of other schools in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach in the last 15+ years but none at Deerfield?

1. We suck on the field
2. We don't recruit well

Just curious to get your take. Outside of offering money, what can we do to address number 2? Like, how can this kid look at Urcle in Tallahassee that has dance parties and bounce houses and a 5* RB on his roster that has done jack **** in his career and be like “ya, that’s the move.” What needs to improve in your estimation (again, outside of extra benefits)

Not sure why you always get in your feelings about the FACTS regarding Deerfield .... that UM hasn't gotten a top notch player from there in a LONG time.

I realize you are now on the staff there and hopefully with Fields we can make headway with some of the younger guys but until an actual top player from Deerfield goes to Miami then the overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence is that Deerfield is the problem will be the talking point.

If your answer is we suck and don't recruit well then why have we had success at a lot of other schools in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach in the last 15+ years but none at Deerfield?
What high school in Broward have we gotten their elite players from recently? I can only think of one in Chaminade, which is practically in Dade.

No Miami doesn’t recruit Deerfield well but it’s not some conspiracy. Miami doesn’t recruit Broward well as a whole. Look at our history the last 5-10 years with STA, AH, Gibbons and find a real recruiting win that didn’t just fall in our lap (Blades Jr., Silvera).

Advertisement
What high school in Broward have we gotten their elite players from recently? I can only think of one in Chaminade, which is practically in Dade.

No Miami doesn’t recruit Deerfield well but it’s not some conspiracy. Miami doesn’t recruit Broward well as a whole. Look at our history the last 5-10 years with STA, AH, Gibbons and find a real recruiting win that didn’t just fall in our lap (Blades Jr., Silvera).

Broward has been full of elite pillow biters for the most part but we have Ford (Dillard), Rousseau (Coconut Creek), Gaynor (Parkland), several from Chaminade, a few from AH Plantation, plus Harley, Irvin, Blades from STA.

We've also done pretty well in PB with Carter, Hall, Garvin, etc.

What fvckin' success?

What school is sending us their TOP PLAYERS?

Broward has been full of elite pillow biters for the most part but we have Ford (Dillard), Rousseau (Coconut Creek), Gaynor (Parkland), several from Chaminade, a few from AH Plantation, plus Harley, Irvin, Blades from STA.

We've also done pretty well in PB with Carter, Hall, Garvin, etc.

LOL @ that line-up of "elite" players we've gotten from Broward.

STA and Heritage's best players ain't coming to Miami either.

Advertisement
I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH with y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH work y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.
i thought a few months ago you said this was changing? im not in the mix like you are but i recently brought a kid to the staffs attention and stubbs got to me within 10 minutes and was on top of it.

Advertisement

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

@craval85 @Ethnicsands @Ajcane8 But Manny is killing it on the trail right?

Definitely believable... lol our coaches look like nerds doesn't shock me at all. X and O's guys but no charisma

Listen...
I don't need or want anybody to sweat me. But I was standing around the entire UM coaching staff (with DF gear on) and not one person engaged me. ****, one time I was standing there with Knighton! That's a problem. I never felt welcomed there. Meanwhile I go to UCF for a few hours and one minute I'm eating wings with Josh Huepel, the next minute I'm rummaging through Randy Shannon's refrigerator and later I left with two coach's cell phone numbers.

That's how you develop relationships. And if I have to explain that to you people then you are absolutely clueless on how recruiting works.

As I explained in another thread, Miami's staff just simply doesn't know how to show love like other staffs do. It doesn't feel organic.

Last edited:

A friend mine, a former UM MVP (Harding Award winner) many years ago, has been coaching at a N. Virginia HS team. He rarely calls down to Coral Gables with a prospect. Last year (2018 class) he had a very talented kid who was a late bloomer, a sleeper. We made several contacts with the staff including an assistant who had area recruiting responsibility for this area. Nobody ever got back to my friend, his HS, or the kid, who eventually signed with Virginia.

Puzzled at the attitude of the staff down there. I don't they had such a great haul at the position (DE or OLB) that UM could be so picky as to ignore the prospect in this area. What Coach Macho sounds very plausible given our experience.

The kid started one game as a true freshman at DE and was switched to TE in the spring.

Still, I have to wonder if they even looked at some film or just tossed his name in the trashcan.

When Randy Shannon shows more openness to you you have to wonder about the personalities of our staff. I always heard Randy was something of an introvert.

Advertisement
Back