KNIGHTON

Fair point. And we have no idea whether that NIU transfer is going to be the F$U version of Tommy Kennedy.
Let’s hope lol. So him, Scott, Johnson, Arnold, and Williams are their starters. Bello and Neal are back up T who are trash. **** Neal isn’t even gonna be ready physically to play next year so they better pray there aren’t injuries. If we don’t sack Blackman or whoever their qb is at least 5 times I will be disappointed.

Advertisement
Yeah, well aware of all that....my measuring stick is a 28-27 result with I believe a 1 sack differential between OL and somewhere around 20 yard differential in rushing yards.

How great or how poorly F$U and their OL do against other competition on their schedule is less relevant to me, but that's me.

So you agree FSU is one of the worst options for a running back? Because against Miami they sucked ballz. Their line didnt allow them to do much of anything on offense which is something your box score doesnt show.

FSU scored a FG starting at the Miami 43 yard line.

FSU scored a FG starting at the FSU 48 yard line

FSU scored a touchdown starting at the Miami 36 yard line

FSU scored on a 74 yard punt return.

20 points right there with minimal ball movement.....they had one drive on their first score where they moved the ball effectively.

Non scoring drives amounted to 44 plays for 67 yards.

Their opening drive was 8 plays 58 yards, or 29% of their total offensive output.

They didnt do squat on offense majority of the game because they couldn't run and had no time to pass.

So you agree FSU is one of the worst options for a running back? Because against Miami they sucked ballz. Their line didnt allow them to do much of anything on offense which is something your box score doesnt show.

Where did I provide a box score? I looked at the ACTUAL rushing yards...sorry that didn't match up with your perception of how the game went. Clearly, we kicked the **** out of F$U. :eczk8maixn847u2tx5.jpg:

Where did I provide a box score? I looked at the ACTUAL rushing yards...sorry that didn't match up with your perception of how the game went. Clearly, we kicked the **** out of F$U. :eczk8maixn847u2tx5.jpg:

Where did you get the actual rushing yards for the game if it wasnt from the box score, or the game stats?

And I think your confused as to what is being discussed. FSU can have an awful offensive line and be a bad choice for a running back while still playing Miami close in a rivalry game.

FSUs line is awful, I dont know how you can argue that.

Advertisement
Where did you get the actual rushing yards for the game if it wasnt from the box score, or the game stats?

You said YOUR box score....did I provide one and just forget? Not to mention there is THE boxscore...I don't have one of my own like you apparently do.

The score of the game was 28-27....not what you would apparently like it to be. Should we have beaten them by 17? Absolutely, but that is not what happened.

UM

You said YOUR box score....did I provide one and just forget? Not to mention there is THE boxscore...I don't have one of my own like you apparently do.

UM

Sorry didnt mean to go all personal. Thanks for admitting defeat by resorting to arguing possessive pronouns. I dont think you looked at anything other than total rush yards or even remember watching the game. Refute those statistics as to why FSUs offensive line is good.

The score of the game was 28-27....not what you would apparently like it to be. Should we have beaten them by 17? Absolutely, but that is not what happened.

UM

What does the overall score have anything to do with the offensive lines? They cant prevent anyone from scoring. All they do is block for the offense. They did not do that even remotely close to mediocre against Miami in that game. And that is the only game you use to gauge how good a unit is, as you said yourself lol

Sorry didnt mean to go all personal. Thanks for admitting defeat by resorting to arguing possessive pronouns. I dont think you looked at anything other than total rush yards or even remember watching the game. Refute those statistics as to why FSUs offensive line is good.

lmao...whatever helps you sleep at night.

UM

Advertisement
No need for any Cane-on-Cane violence.

Bottom line, F$U is squandering a 5-star running back tandem with terrible OL play, and it doesn't look like their OL will get much better in the near future. They currently have 12 commits (literally, half of a recruiting class) and only one guy is an OL (and he is a 3-star). In 2019, they only signed 1 OL higher than a 3-star. So it does not APPEAR that they have the ability to turn the Titanic around very quickly.

If they had a bunch of young 4 and 5 star OLs already in the fold, I could see how a RB like Knighton COULD project some near-term improvements. But that isn't the case.

No need for any Cane-on-Cane violence.

Bottom line, F$U is squandering a 5-star running back tandem with terrible OL play, and it doesn't look like their OL will get much better in the near future. They currently have 12 commits (literally, half of a recruiting class) and only one guy is an OL (and he is a 3-star). In 2019, they only signed 1 OL higher than a 3-star. So it does not APPEAR that they have the ability to turn the Titanic around very quickly.

If they had a bunch of young 4 and 5 star OLs already in the fold, I could see how a RB like Knighton COULD project some near-term improvements. But that isn't the case.

Yeah, my response to you was just my perspective. I never graded out F$U's OL over the course of the year. I never said they were good or terrible (which they were).....all I said was that I would not talk **** about any other OL with our performance over the last few years.

As far as F$U's schedule, I still only care about one game on it...unless UM needs them to lose some other game. In that one game, there was a 1 sack differential between OL and we outrushed them by something like 25 yards. Though we did barely rush for over 100 yards. Just not enough THERE in THAT GAME for me to act like our OL was superior.....over the course of the season? Sure.

That's just me. Another thing I won't do is point fingers at another team's subpar punter in 2018..... lol

Its all good though. :victorious:

Advertisement
Yeah, my response to you was just my perspective. I never graded out F$U's OL over the course of the year. I never said they were good or terrible (which they were).....all I said was that I would not talk **** about any other OL with our performance over the last few years.

As far as F$U's schedule, I still only care about one game on it...unless UM needs them to lose some other game. In that one game, there was a 1 sack differential between OL and we outrushed them by something like 25 yards. Though we did barely rush for over 100 yards. Just not enough THERE in THAT GAME for me to act like our OL was superior.....over the course of the season? Sure.

That's just me. Another thing I won't do is point fingers at another team's subpar punter in 2018..... lol

Its all good though. :victorious:

It's all good, you've always been one of the best posters to chat with (what is it, close to 20 years now?). And to (somewhat) address another poster's point, this thread is about Knighton, I'm just trying to analyze why he would think F$U is a good place to take his talents (and obviously, he may love the campus or the teammates or any other non-RB-production reason).

It's all good, you've always been one of the best posters to chat with (what is it, close to 20 years now?). And to (somewhat) address another poster's point, this thread is about Knighton, I'm just trying to analyze why he would think F$U is a good place to take his talents (and obviously, he may love the campus or the teammates or any other non-RB-production reason).

You too brother...and yes, it is right on top of 20 years from Canesport anyway, post grassy.

I hear ya on Knighton. Prolly figures Akers will head pro after this year and he can work his way in....not to mention you have to figure he thinks the OL can't get any worse as they work in personnel for Taggart's ****...lol.

Just some quick info on which offensive line a running back would rather play behind:

FSU averaged just over 90 yards per game on the ground at 2.8 yards per carry.

Miami averaged 191.5 yards per game on the ground at 5.2 yards per carry

Miami actually had a good run blocking offensive line last year and that production would have certainly gone up if they had any semblance of a passing attack. Opponents loaded up to stop the run and Miami still had a pretty decent amount of success.

Advertisement
Just some quick info on which offensive line a running back would rather play behind:

Miami actually had a good run blocking offensive line last year and that production would have certainly gone up if they had any semblance of a passing attack. Opponents loaded up to stop the run and Miami still had a pretty decent amount of success.
We really did that shows the previous regime wasted good talent tbh

**** that’s surprisingly good. I wanna see more Cam and Lo this season tho. DJ can be an all around guy but I wanna see those two tote the rock a lot this season.

Been saying that the oline wasn’t THAT bad, the playcalling and play of qbs and receivers were worse imo

Been saying that the oline wasn’t THAT bad, the playcalling and play of qbs and receivers were worse imo
Should be something to see this season. I know the best QB is the best option, I just wanna see that other dimension Tate brings. Especially against UF.

Advertisement
Back