KNIGHTON

Advertisement
No truer words have ever been spoken on this site. It was remarkable watching him in High School and then before he tore his acl.
This guy was better....He was 20yrs before his time...if not more...

Advertisement
As I have...Love Frank...always will...But what I saw Freddie Miles do on the Gridiron in 79...Is something that is still ingrained in my Brain...If ya think Gore was Quick hitting a hole...Freddie was not only quicker...but Faster as well...Talk about a complete waste of talent....The Late Joe Brodsky who coached RBs for UM and the Cowboys (when Emmitt was there) said on more than one occasion, that Freddie was the Best RB he ever saw, regardless of Age....Don Soldinger (till this very day) says the same thing....Thats how good he was...If there's any doubt...ask Soldinger (like I did)....Haunts me that much potential was ruined...Think about this....In 1979 Freddie, Not Bo Jackson...Not Marcus Dupree..and not Hershall Walker was the #1 Ranked HS RB in America...That tells ya all you need to know...Ask anyone 50 and older from Dade bout Freddie, and watch the look on their face...
Freddie was a flat out stud and a cool cat. He use to sit behind me at a math class at Dade North and he wasn't very good at math. I would tell him he was copying from the wrong cat cause I wasn't very good at math either.

Freddie was a flat out stud and a cool cat. He use to sit behind me at a math class at Dade North and he wasn't very good at math. I would tell him he was copying from the wrong cat cause I wasn't very good at math either.
That was the beginning of the end...Adults (if there was any) failed him miserably....

Davis has plenty to prove on the field as does Lingard

Maybe so but my opinion of the two is based on a combination of things, none of which are stats.
I said last year that Cam was a better pure RB than Lingard right now. (IMO)
It was/is my opinion that he played better competition in high school and would need less time to adjust to a college offense. That's why I stated with conviction that he would contribute before Lingard.

Advertisement
Maybe so but my opinion of the two is based on a combination of things, none of which are stats.
I said last year that Cam was a better pure RB than Lingard right now. (IMO)
It was/is my opinion that he played better competition in high school and would need less time to adjust to a college offense. That's why I stated with conviction that he would contribute before Lingard.
Well technically before lingards injury he was behind him so he didn’t actually contribute before lingard. Regardless I’m high on both of these guys for sure. I wouldnt be surprised to see cam Davis start game 1 vs uf

Well technically before lingards injury he was behind him so he didn’t actually contribute before lingard. Regardless I’m high on both of these guys for sure. I wouldnt be surprised to see cam Davis start game 1 vs uf
Lingard was here before him. Then he got hurt. They never even had a chance to battle it out.

Advertisement
That was the beginning of the end...Adults (if there was any) failed him miserably....View attachment 84838

I had to go and look for Freddie Miles as he was just a bit before my time, but I found an article that one of his classmates wrote about him. He was obviously a great talent in his day and possibly still living in Miami according to the article. Some comments at the end were of people who also knew Freddie Miles and spoke highly of his talent. It's a pretty good article.

I had to go and look for Freddie Miles as he was just a bit before my time, but I found an article that one of his classmates wrote about him. He was obviously a great talent in his day and possibly still living in Miami according to the article. Some comments at the end were of people who also knew Freddie Miles and spoke highly of his talent. It's a pretty good article.

I read it many times...Great article...Kid was 5'10 185....Could run over you...by you...around you...you name it...There were several AA RBs in Dade at that time..and alittle before it...Peacock...Tony Smith...Rufus Ferguson....Busta Rhymes..etc...But Man O Man...Im still waiting to see someone better than Freddie 40yrs later...

Kehoe put together one of the best OLs in UM history and did it with relatively unknowns. Jesus man when I was growing up Kehoe held a camp in Montreal to see if any Canadian kids where worth bringing down to UM. And I know he had another camp in florida too (I think it was called the 'Down and Dirty' camp). This was before the internet when coaches made connections all over the country and would have ppl call them telling them about a prospect. I say this to say the guy put in work! And when he got guys on campus, he coached them up properly!

My only problem with kehoe was he depended on his network too much and didnt adjust when recruiting went online. I got the feeling, around the end, that he felt he could turn anyone into a first rounder, which wasnt the case at all.

I dont know what the hate is about but kehoe (and soldinger, just wanted to throw his name is there) were greats. Not sure how they would do in today's game where a recruit releases their top 25 every week tho..

Advertisement
Kehoe put together one of the best OLs in UM history and did it with relatively unknowns. Jesus man when I was growing up Kehoe held a camp in Montreal to see if any Canadian kids where worth bringing down to UM. And I know he had another camp in florida too (I think it was called the 'Down and Dirty' camp). This was before the internet when coaches made connections all over the country and would have ppl call them telling them about a prospect. I say this to say the guy put in work! And when he got guys on campus, he coached them up properly!

My only problem with kehoe was he depended on his network too much and didnt adjust when recruiting went online. I got the feeling, around the end, that he felt he could turn anyone into a first rounder, which wasnt the case at all.

I dont know what the hate is about but kehoe (and soldinger, just wanted to throw his name is there) were greats. Not sure how they would do in today's game where a recruit releases their top 25 every week tho..
Don Soldinger is the Greatest CFB RB coach in 40yrs....
Highsmith
Bratton
Stewart
Conley
Donnell Bennett
Gore
Mcgahee
Portis
Davenport
Edge
Miller
James Jackson
McGuire..etc....Show me a better one...And hes royalty in Dade....

Last edited:

Art spent more time on UM sidelines than ANY other coach in UM History...not only that...there is absolutely NO better Cane to have a beer with....5 NCs as either OL coach or Assistant OL coach....Coker should be ashamed of himself getting rid of Kehoe and Soldinger....Deplorable.....

Advertisement
Back