KNIGHTON

I think your talking about 2 different schools...Lorenzo played for University HS in Orange Park....Theres also a University HS in Orlando...

LOL now you’re really gonna confuse ppl.

Lo played for University HS in Orange CITY, not Orange Park. Orange Park is near Jax. Orange City, where Lo is from, is near Detona, a little north of Orlando.

He’s right about Lo’s team though. They went 5-4 but did play the teams and had the results he posted.

Advertisement
LOL now you’re really gonna confuse ppl.

Lo played for University HS in Orange CITY, not Orange Park. Orange Park is near Jax. Orange City, where Lo is from, is near Detona, a little north of Orlando.

He’s right about Lo’s team though. They went 5-4 but did play the teams and had the results he posted.
Gotcha...Jesus...enough University HS's

Advertisement
I just choose to believe Orlando backs (and football, for the most part) is soft as baby **** and overrated every year, and until I’m proven wrong, that’ll be my opinion. Surely hoping Lingard puts that opinion on the end of his cleat and kicks it up my ***, but that opinion is very rarely proven wrong. Jacques Patrick case in point. Said from Day 1 that was in no way, shape, or form a 5-star back, and, 4 years later, he wasn’t even close. Not saying Lo won’t be good. But when I hear 5-star back, I want Duke Johnson. I want Dalvin Cook. I don’t think Lingard has close to that ability, but I’ll be thrilled to be proven wrong.
Cj2k?

I just choose to believe Orlando backs (and football, for the most part) is soft as baby **** and overrated every year, and until I’m proven wrong, that’ll be my opinion. Surely hoping Lingard puts that opinion on the end of his cleat and kicks it up my ***, but that opinion is very rarely proven wrong. Jacques Patrick case in point. Said from Day 1 that was in no way, shape, or form a 5-star back, and, 4 years later, he wasn’t even close. Not saying Lo won’t be good. But when I hear 5-star back, I want Duke Johnson. I want Dalvin Cook. I don’t think Lingard has close to that ability, but I’ll be thrilled to be proven wrong.
Lol.....I saw Patrick play 3 times here in Orlando....and I thought too myself....Maaannnn that dude ain't no 5*...Lol....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think your talking about 2 different schools...Lorenzo played for University HS in Orange Park....Theres also a University HS in Orlando...

I've lived in Orlando since I was 4. I am correct, I did not get the 2 schools confused, I know the difference.

And it's not "Orange Park", it's "Orange City". I have a friend who recently retired from there as a teacher, he still does the PA announcing for their athletics teams.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schoo...orange-city,fl)/football-fall-17/schedule.htm

PS, apologies in advance, I just read the rest of the posts and I can see that people already addressed the Orange Park/City issue.

Last edited:
Advertisement

You can "choose to believe" whatever you want. I already acknowledged that Dade is, from top-to-bottom, a tougher overall environment, but that Orlando HS football is pretty competitive and often (such as in 2017) gives Dade a run for the money.

As I pointed out, Dr. Phillips High School (just down the road from Universal Orlando) won the 8A championship in 2017, and University (Orange City) was beating Dr. Phillips going into the 4th quarter.

I have no problems with UM recruiting the top Dade County RBs each year, but sometimes there are great players outside of Dade as well.

Good lord, Emmitt Smith went to Escambia. In the 1980s. Let's not even try to pretend that there was "strong competition" in Pensacola 40 years ago.

Man MODs this thread should have been locked up. Hasn’t been about Knighton for like 10 pages. It’s become a ****ing match about Lingard and the area he plays in. Time for a reset button

Stop cryin'. Once Knighton picks UM, it will be all about him again.

Give me 1 great QB and 2 great RBs in every recruiting cycle, and Miami will start bringing home the championships again.

Advertisement
Back