KNIGHTON

Don’t care whose better, want them both. Don’t care whose better between DJ, Cam and Lo glad we have all 3. All 5 of those guys are supremely talented and each brings unique elements to the game. Add those 2 to our current roster and our RB room will be as talented as it was in the early 2000’s. Realize DJ may not be here when these 2 arrive but it will be like when EJ kicked off that RB run.

Advertisement
No clue which one is better; however, Chaney plays for Belen and Knighton at Deerfield that’s gotta be worth something, right?

I mean Knighton practices against ballers everyday and Chaney...well...Belen isn’t exactly known for consistently or even occasionally producing elite football players.

Again....I'll take the kid who didn't Hesitate one second in committing to UM....No Stupid *** tweets...No silly *** games...This kid Honored his commitment from jumpstreet...

That's great and I appreciate his knowing where he wants to go and acting in it. Most don't and I've always said they should all take their visits to see new things.

In the same breath, I am fine with the way most recruits handle their recruitment. In most cases, the only people getting fooled and played are the fans. Coaches typically know where they stand for the vast majority of recruits.. Some decisions come last minute, but if they don't have their minds made up by whatever time, that is fine as well.

Fans play themselves.

They read an interview given by a reporter who the recruit knows is a reporter for whatever team. These are kids, they want to please everyone, so they say good things and that is transfered to text. Watch video interviews, recruits answer the questions to just get through the interview and they don't want to offend the reporter. Still, they look like they would rather be anywhere else in the planet.

We then get a visit. Fans wonder how they could ever want to be anywhere else. They are biased as **** in their thoughts.

Come signing day, fans all over thought they had someone to only be let down. The writing is on the wall most of the time and nobody wanted to believe it. Think Rique and the Heritage corners. Everything pointed elsewhere, small glimmer for us, and most ran with it.

We've had guys do all the Twitter stuff, play the hat game, string out their recruitment, commit, decommit, etc. When they inked here the word was happiness that they signed here, not that they played games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Take both. Stack chips!

You can sell both on coming to UM and getting enough touches to show NFL scouts and GMs their supreme talent and still get a quality education from a college with a great reputation, in their hometown!

Advertisement
Again....I'll trust what I know....I'm certainly no expert....but I've watched Fl HS FB before most were born on this board....I'll stick to what I said....we'll revisit this in a couple of yrs and see if my prediction Pans out...

Advertisement
Advertisement
There’s also something to be said for Lingard being the only player on his team and having 11 guys keyed in to stop him on every play and still being unable to do it.

These dudes love being first with their takes. This ain’t a gang bang. Being first isn’t important here.

Exactly.

In addition, this BULLSH!TE about playing bad competition is the usual hot-take nonsense from Dade County know-nothings. Yes, from top to bottom, Dade has the best overall competition in the state, but Orlando has some top 8A programs.

In Lorenzo's senior year, his University Titans team lost by 3 points to Dr. Phillips, the school that won the 8A championship that year. Plus they played Lake Brantley, Lyman, Oviedo, Winter Springs, Seminole, Spruce Creek, and Lake Mary. Three of those teams made the state playoffs for Region I, plus Dr. Phillips is in Region II. That's 4 state playoff teams in 8A, including the eventual champion.

Against 4 of the 8A playoff teams, University scored 21 points in a loss to Dr. Phillips, 34 points in a win over Winter Springs, 34 points in a loss to Spruce Creek, and 20 points in a loss to Lake Mary. When Lorenzo was the primary offensive weapon for University. Not bad against some very good competition.

Exactly.

In addition, this BULLSH!TE about playing bad competition is the usual hot-take nonsense from Dade County know-nothings. Yes, from top to bottom, Dade has the best overall competition in the state, but Orlando has some top 8A programs.

In Lorenzo's senior year, his University Titans team lost by 3 points to Dr. Phillips, the school that won the 8A championship that year. Plus they played Lake Brantley, Lyman, Oviedo, Winter Springs, Seminole, Spruce Creek, and Lake Mary. Three of those teams made the state playoffs for Region I, plus Dr. Phillips is in Region II. That's 4 state playoff teams in 8A, including the eventual champion.

Against 4 of the 8A playoff teams, University scored 21 points in a loss to Dr. Phillips, 34 points in a win over Winter Springs, 34 points in a loss to Spruce Creek, and 20 points in a loss to Lake Mary. When Lorenzo was the primary offensive weapon for University. Not bad against some very good competition.

I just choose to believe Orlando backs (and football, for the most part) is soft as baby **** and overrated every year, and until I’m proven wrong, that’ll be my opinion. Surely hoping Lingard puts that opinion on the end of his cleat and kicks it up my ***, but that opinion is very rarely proven wrong. Jacques Patrick case in point. Said from Day 1 that was in no way, shape, or form a 5-star back, and, 4 years later, he wasn’t even close. Not saying Lo won’t be good. But when I hear 5-star back, I want Duke Johnson. I want Dalvin Cook. I don’t think Lingard has close to that ability, but I’ll be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Exactly.

I think your talking about 2 different schools...Lorenzo played for University HS in Orange Park....Theres also a University HS in Orlando...

Advertisement
Back