Knighton returning kicks?

Advertisement
Per the Article - Pope’s lone kick return last game against Clemson went for a season-low 18 yards.
“I thought we could have gotten more out of that return honestly,” Patke said."
“A good return is to the 25,” Patke said. “Obviously you can fair catch it and get it to the 25. If we take it out, we want to be past the 30. What I’m disappointed with right now and we haven’t had many returns, but we need an explosive play on the return units of our football team.”
Pope had three of his seven punt returns go for at least 10 yards with a long of 20, but lost two fumbles, leading to his demotion.
“Like I always say, ‘You’re a punt catcher before you’re a punt returner,’” Patke said.

PATKE MY BOY. Finally someone one the staff not afraid to throw a lil criticism directly at a player whose underperforming (mr 5 star massive bust Pope) instead of Manny's "coach speak"
What are you talking about? Diaz threw Brooks under the bus for that first touch down against Clemson.

No it went unnoticed this week. Im almost 42 and I can't ever remember a game when Miami blocked three kicks

I have been highly critical of Patke as ST coach in the past few years, but credit where credit is due. So far this season he's the staff MVP.

Advertisement
Does he get any point deductions in his role as LB coach?

Ooh good question. Yes, big deductions. But since

1. Diaz did not have the team even remotely prepared for Clemson
2. Lashlee's gameplan would make Mark Richt shake his head for the lack of creativity
3. Baker- well Baker was Baker

Patke wins by default since STs were exceptional. So far this season, Borreagles is kicking 56 yarders and our Aussie punter is kicking balls out of the stratosphere. The KR/PR game is bad but it hasn't cost us any games (yet).

Lmao dam... if pope loses his wr position he just might get carried away by owls. With his words with friends buddy out the picture maybe Mallory will see the light.

Advertisement
Back