Knighton returning kicks?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you are talking kickoffs, none were within five yards of the goal line. Not returning those. Kick off returns and punt returns are getting scarcer than hen's teeth.

Most games you’re lucky if you get one chance to get a kickoff return, 2 max. That’s just how it’s going now.

Per the Article - Pope’s lone kick return last game against Clemson went for a season-low 18 yards.
“I thought we could have gotten more out of that return honestly,” Patke said."
“A good return is to the 25,” Patke said. “Obviously you can fair catch it and get it to the 25. If we take it out, we want to be past the 30. What I’m disappointed with right now and we haven’t had many returns, but we need an explosive play on the return units of our football team.”
Pope had three of his seven punt returns go for at least 10 yards with a long of 20, but lost two fumbles, leading to his demotion.
“Like I always say, ‘You’re a punt catcher before you’re a punt returner,’” Patke said.

PATKE MY BOY. Finally someone one the staff not afraid to throw a lil criticism directly at a player whose underperforming (mr 5 star massive bust Pope) instead of Manny's "coach speak"

Advertisement
True freshman never have the best ball security. He's already had a fumble, and we've seen what restrepo has already done.
With that said, keep practicing them and get them into the game as soon as humanly possible. I'd rather deal with freshman mistakes I think, than junior and senior's just sheer incompetence.

True freshman never have the best ball security. He's already had a fumble, and we've seen what restrepo has already done.
With that said, keep practicing them and get them into the game as soon as humanly possible. I'd rather deal with freshman mistakes I think, than junior and senior's just sheer incompetence.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I still want to see Restrepo at KR/PR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You might be the only one.

I know. But I think his issue is that he's playing like Crash Jensen and wants to spark the team with a big return, which leads him to maybe make some not so smart decisions. I think that can be dialed back. You can't teach guts though. People are complaining about his fumble in the Clemson game but if I'm not mistaken, it was actually a high football IQ play because Clemson had illegally touched the ball and there was no downside to trying to field it.

I know. But I think his issue is that he's playing like Crash Jensen and wants to spark the team with a big return, which leads him to maybe make some not so smart decisions. I think that can be dialed back. You can't teach guts though. People are complaining about his fumble in the Clemson game but if I'm not mistaken, it was actually a high football IQ play because Clemson had illegally touched the ball and there was no downside to trying to field it.
I'm just busting your balls.

The first return was a high IQ play; the second return was brain dead.

I'm just busting your balls.

The first return was a high IQ play; the second return was brain dead.

I might have turned off the game by that point and didn't see the 2nd return. Don't have the stomach to rewatch the game and see how bad the return was.

Advertisement
Back