Knighton is not hurt

Never seen a guy come through this program fumble as much as him. Hit the portal and good ******* riddance. Mentioned his fumble issues before the season and I got negged to death.
I’m disappointed with the kid but I’m not gonna give up on him! His confidence is down right now and this is when coaching becomes important, I say work with him and get his head mentally back in the game and he’ll be fine. By the way he’s the only homerun threat at running back that we have on this roster! I’m just saying

Advertisement
I’m disappointed with the kid but I’m not gonna give up on him! His confidence is down right now and this is when coaching becomes important, I say work with him and get his head mentally back the game and he’ll be fine. By the way he’s the only homerun threat at running back that we have on this roster! I’m just saying!
He’s fumbled two games in a row and both were costly. I cut his snaps and give that UAB guy some reps.

I’m disappointed with the kid but I’m not gonna give up on him! His confidence is down right now and this is when coaching becomes important, I say work with him and get his head mentally back in the game and he’ll be fine. By the way he’s the only homerun threat at running back that we have on this roster! I’m just saying
I mean the coaches can only do so much… it between roosters ears on getting and wanting to be better. The coaches have been sticking with him and rewarded them with fumbles and lousy play.

Chaney and Citizen are sorely missed

How would a different scheme improve is bad ball handling, no vision, being made of foil, & tripping over himself? At this point if he's not schemed wide open he's not reliable.

I don't know how many times we need to see players total performance turnaround when they're put in positions that best utilize their skills etc. He is not a, "power spread" or whatever these clowns think they're running, RB.

Advertisement
I don't know how many times we need to see players total performance turnaround when they're put in positions that best utilize their skills etc. He is not a, "power spread" or whatever these clowns think they're running, RB.
He tripped over himself, went down hard and easy, & fumbled all under Lashlee. Unless he literally has wide open space he is useless. Our fans fall in love with these dudes and hate to admit when they were wrong.

Too bad he don’t have a top flight staff that knows who can do what and puts them in the best position to succeed.

He tripped over himself, went down hard and easy, & fumbled all under Lashlee. Unless he literally has wide open space he is useless. Our fans fall in love with these dudes and hate to admit when they were wrong.
It's not a matter of being in love with the dude, he has had his issues, but from a skill standpoint, he's the only open field threat out of the backfield. If it takes getting him in space, so be it. I'll take some TDs please. Our QB threw for 500 yard with what has to be a record low point total.

Advertisement
I’m disappointed with the kid but I’m not gonna give up on him! His confidence is down right now and this is when coaching becomes important, I say work with him and get his head mentally back the game and he’ll be fine. By the way he’s the only homerun threat at running back that we have on this roster! I’m just saying!

He’s fumbled two games in a row and both were costly. I cut his snaps and give that UAB guy some reps.
Agree pulling splinters out your *** while sitting on the bench is the best teacher for football players, but in the end coaches can’t give a player confidence but they can take it from him! That’s why I say continue to coach him up and hope it pays off down the line.

Advertisement
Wish you weren't a fan of the same team I'm a fan of. Grow up.
I hope you say this to other people who say the same stuff about other players. Yes I am out of line here but it’s very frustrating to see the same players make the same mistakes year after year. It’s been old for years now and the fans are rightfully ****ed off.

He's struggling, it happens. Meanwhile Parrish has dropped two passes, and been run down on at least 2 more that were house calls if Rooster was the RB.
It’s true… but Parrish more than likely, hangs on to the ball that Rooster fumbled, and we’re probably telling ol man Mack to hold that “L”, this morning. Such is life.

Last edited:
That last sentence made me spit out my drink. That's the thing about the truth. Depending on your perspective it can really hurt or it can be pretty damned funny.

Advertisement
I'll say it again, Knighton needs to move to CB if He has any hope of playing beyond UM, He's too light in the ***. I can't think of one player in the NFL that has His build.

You have to take ownership of you position commit the playbook to second nature and train like your life depends on it.

The “X” way .

It’s just a huge mystery:

These kids are given (4) years of total free lunch to be the best they can be given everything needed to succeed and do nothing with it.

My thoughts:

Mom and Dad , I have a free ride scholarship for (4) years .
You will NOT see me much as I have a life changing opportunity and I need to take advantage of every second I have in every way 24-7.

BUT these are children whom know better OH WELL.

GOCANES

Calls for Knighton to transfer are too much. He makes big plays in the passing game, so why would you want a weapon like that to leave?

But Knighton is just a straight line speed guy - nothing more. His reputation is he's elusive, but in reality he isn't.

His running style and fumbling problems are real issues. Problem is, Parrish & Thad aren't a whole lot better. They just haven't fumbled.

Sobering Stat: YPC since BCU game - Knighton 4.2 ypc, Parrish 4.2 ypc, Thad 3.0 ypc. Folks....it ain't gonna be pretty no matter what RB we use

Advertisement
Back