Knighton, Grace, and Bond updates

Advertisement
Freepawn then what do think happen with the roster spots left open by josh witt, vernon davis, junior alexis, and bartow; whom ended up leaving the team before sept 2012 this allows for the 4 spots to be added back to the 2012 class from the 2013 class for 4 young men that can EE for jan 2013.

Go Canes

Hunter Knighton:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1865741/highlights/24296380

Ok, I thought this was one of Kehoe´s specials, but after what JHall said, I went and checked it out. I´m on board.

Paranos, please stop with the EE stuff. EE or not doesn´t change a thing about how much space we have.

Regarding the EE stuff; while we have only so much room because of the 85 limit, it does matter because we still dont know the attrition we will have in the off season. If you go through the roster, it is very plausible that we may have room to take 20 and still be at 80, where Golden has stated he wants to be as a self imposed scholly reduction.

Hunter Knighton:

Ok, I thought this was one of Kehoe´s specials, but after what JHall said, I went and checked it out. I´m on board.

Paranos, please stop with the EE stuff. EE or not doesn´t change a thing about how much space we have.

Believe me it was my first thought as well. There was talk of him wanting to commit in early summer IIRC. I started to keep an eye out for his stuff since it seemed we wanted him.

He isn't the straight ahead beast prospect like Flowers but there's a lot to like about him IMO.

Gall is still my favorite OL prospect for us though.

Advertisement
Shunn how do you feel about Grace?

There are currently 35 users browsing this thread. (31 members and 4 guests)

BigDikCane,
ALOHA,
Edgar Cayce,
datcaneguy,
Djgfuq50,
Mrmonisimo,
dabuscuits,
SrfGtr,
Dirtyj,
MikeMick,
screen003,
Diehard Cane,
canefern,
futurstar150,
theU75,
CspotOandG,
Mangum,
Don Caneleone,
Kaines26,
HurricanePride,
caneholic88,
Canes4Life88,
Canesfreak,
levi98,
kilan21,
44canes,
bvb9206,
boobdot,
Hurry-Cane,
Bmac37,
cane305

Hunter Knighton:

Regarding the EE stuff; while we have only so much room because of the 85 limit, it does matter because we still dont know the attrition we will have in the off season. If you go through the roster, it is very plausible that we may have room to take 20 and still be at 80, where Golden has stated he wants to be as a self imposed scholly reduction.

this...

Hunter Knighton:

Believe me it was my first thought as well. There was talk of him wanting to commit in early summer IIRC. I started to keep an eye out for his stuff since it seemed we wanted him.

He isn't the straight ahead beast prospect like Flowers but there's a lot to like about him IMO.

Gall is still my favorite OL prospect for us though.

I like this Knighton kid at DT the best. Plays with good leverage, quickness and has good hands already

Worst case he ends up as solid OL depth imo (which is a good thing because we are getting light in numbers on the OL)

Almost always get the "name the school" leads after kids visit, but admittedly I'd much rather hear that than some bad news. Funny that some of you thought Knighton was a "Kehoe special", that was my initial impressional as well. Clearly that's not the case here though.

Advertisement
Before attrition we could be as high as 71 on scholarship right now. If we are going to cap scholarships at 80, it's highly unlikely EE will matter this year. Attrition will be high and I'd guess this class will be 17 give or take 2.

Advertisement
Advertisement
JUCO LB out of Cali that California, UCLA, nor USC wants?

i%20find%20this%20difficult%20to%20masturbate%20to..png

Freepawn then what do think happen with the roster spots left open by josh witt, vernon davis, junior alexis, and bartow; whom ended up leaving the team before sept 2012 this allows for the 4 spots to be added back to the 2012 class from the 2013 class for 4 young men that can EE for jan 2013.

Go Canes

OK, please explain the relationship between the number of EEs to the number of players we can take this season. First of all, none of the guys you mentioned opens up an EE spot anyway because they all enrolled in school, thus taking forever a spot in their respective class. Their departure does however open up a spot against the 85 total. Secondly, if the kids were qualified every single one of them could be EEs. Doesn´t matter how many spots were left open. Third, and most importantly, because we´re not trying to count kids against the last cycle, the number of EEs does not change the number of recruits we can take. You only do that if you´re trying to exceed the limit for one season, which we aren´t.

Hunter Knighton:

Please explain why this makes EEs matter. The bolded in your quote is exactly why they don´t matter. EEs allow you to exceed the limit of players taken in one cycle, if we take 20 we are well below that limit, making the number of EEs irrelevant.

Furthermore, if we take twenty and stay at 80, we are going to have to say goodbye to 10 non-senior schaolarship players. Now, we probably all agree that there will be plenty of attrition, but 10 might be pushing it.

Advertisement
Back