NFL Kneel you cowards

I’m not going to drag this out any further, but my point is not that I think the timeout was a good idea. I personally wouldn’t have called it.

But folks acting like it was some egregious mistake which cost the Chargers the game are dead wrong.

If they wrap up Jacobs on the next play, the Raiders attempt the 48-50 yard FG anyway + probably make it (kicker is 100% in the stadium) and the end result is the same.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Actually, the Danny Miaz TO to hype his D up so they could try to stop FSU from scoring from the 6-inch line this season was even worse.
Actually thetimeout he called agaibnst NCST at the end of the first half when NCST had no timeouts was worse. Manny should have called timeouts earler in the FSU game.

I dont think the raiders were running it out.

Chargers called timeout to see their formation and play call and still ****ed up because they cant tackle well.

It may have seemed like it but something it looked like the raiders coach said close to the fg led me to believe he would be playing for the kick either way

teams don't run the ball to get into FG range. They run the ball after they get into fg range. If LV was going for the GW FG, they would never had run the ball on 2nd and 14 from the 47. That's a 64 yard FG from there. That loss of four on 1st and 10 from LAC 43 changed their plan. They had nothing to lose. They had no urgency to get into FG range, hence the run plays and taking their time to line up. If LV was trying for the GW FG, they still had to get into FG range. And a run on 2nd and 14 from the 47 is not how to get into FG range.

Listen to Bisaccia’s postgame presser and that should tell you all you need to know

Advertisement
christmas vacation GIF

You do not benefit by that timeout in that scenario. Nothing good came out of it. And that’s not in hind sight. It was an awful decision and some galaxy brain move to take that timeout

Advertisement
There is already a thread on this game discussing - “kneel you cowards”

I honestly don't know what the Raiders were going to do prior to that timeout (probably because I kept blacking out) but I think the fact that making the FG allowed them to play Cincy instead of at KC Sunday night could've* been a factor. I think they theoretically could get a home playoff game now too even if it's unlikely.

Excuse me now as I'm off to track down Cris Collinsworth. If anyone knows a good criminal defense attorney please let them know what jail I end up being held in.

Advertisement
I'd actually like to know Mario's feelings on taking that timeout.

Too soon? I'm kidding!!! Hopefully.

I honestly don't know what the Raiders were going to do prior to that timeout (probably because I kept blacking out) but I think the fact that making the FG allowed them to play Cincy instead of at KC Sunday night could've* been a factor.

That’s another good point.

If the Raiders simply run the clock out, they’re the 7 seed and have to play Kansas City + Mahomes.

By winning, the Raiders get the 5 seed and get to play the Bengals, who have their QB + HC making their Playoff debut.

Which one is a more favorable matchup?

Advertisement
That’s another good point.

If the Raiders simply run the clock out, they’re the 7 seed and have to play Kansas City + Mahomes.

By winning, the Raiders get the 5 seed and get to play the Bengals, who have their QB + HC making their Playoff debut.

Which one is a more favorable matchup?
Was it the title that brought you into this thread?

Advertisement
Back