Kiy Hester

Hurricane DB signee Kiy Hester says he's working hard on "my speed, just gaining strength."
His goal is to make an immediate impact as a Cane freshman.

-Says "Miami sent me a workout package so I've been doing their workouts," "It's about speed. Coaches said they don't want me to get too big, just come down there conditioned."

-Says the UM workouts "are a mix of what I've already done - I've done a lot of different workouts.

-Says "It's not that hard, but they're good workouts," "I've gotten bigger and stronger already. I'm at 205 now, five pounds up from the season."

-busy learning the defensive playbook.

-Says "I got the two spring installs, have the playbook, the beginning of it," "The concepts are really easy. Now I just have to learn the blitzes, that's the main thing."

-Says his chance to play a big role early could depend on the health of Rayshawn Jenkins.

-Says "Coach D (Mark D'Onofrio) told me they don't know how healthy he'll be [Jenkins sat out all of spring drills], that I need to come in focused and they'd be happy to play me early," "I know I'm ready to play. It's just about me handling my business on the field, in the classroom. If I get beat out and work my hardest, it is what it is, but I'll go out there to compete."

-Says "We're bringing in playmakers on offense and defense, and with what's already there I feel us adding on to what they have, with the coaching staff, I feel like we'll just build from the beginning of the season to the end, will get better every week. I feel we can be unstoppable."

-Says "everything is set" for him to arrive at UM and that he'll be on campus in mid-May for summer session I. He will room with Marques Gayot.

-Says "We talk a lot," "And I've talked with (Brad) Kaaya about how he feels about Ryan (Williams) getting hurt - he knows he has a great opportunity now so he's been focused on learning the plays and getting ready because he can come in and compete right away for a job."

* Hester says he hopes to wear uniform number 4 or 9.

(Hope he gets #9 save #4 for next year)

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1634122

Advertisement
-Says "We talk a lot," "And I've talked with (Brad) Kaaya about how he feels about Ryan (Williams) getting hurt - he knows he has a great opportunity now so he's been focused on learning the plays and getting ready because he can come in and compete right away for a job."

bet you this Kaaya has grinded harder and studied that playbook more these last couple months in Cali than Olsen did his entire freshman year combined.

I like this kid alot. Some guys focus on being a hitter but lack cover skills, or only wants to cover but wont hit crap!

Hester's a well balanced Safety that understands how to play the position.

He'll only get better. Good pick-up!!

Hester is going to be a good one. Has an attitude like Dallas and plays with a purpose. I hope we can shirt him now that we have 4 solid guys in Bush, Jenkins, Carter and Dallas. But he may just work his way into the rotation based on his talent and relentlessness.

Advertisement
For the first time in years, I am feeling good about our depth at safety. We've gotten so little out of that position the past few years, but I'm very hopeful two of these guys will step up.

81.jpg
There's no reason we shouldn't have a top 5 secondary in CFB.

Advertisement
Lol at Hester red shirting.. This kid is a stud and will play alot early on and might start a few games this year.. Finally we have a Miami secondary.. Top 10 in the nation or bust...

So no one wants to mention the elephant in the room?

Coaches want me to work on speed, not get too big

For real though this kid is ferocious. Not only are our safeties talented, they have a killer instinct. I love it. That can tip the scalesif you get in the receivers heads.

For real though this kid is ferocious. Not only are our safeties talented, they have a killer instinct. I love it. That can tip the scalesif you get in the receivers heads.
Not sure. Does it mean I get to be angry about something else?

Not sure. Does it mean I get to be angry about something else?

I will help you.

Scheme

Advertisement
"* Hester says he hopes to wear uniform number 4 or 9."

I say, if he can blanket #4 on every play in practice, give it to him -- he earned it. But I don't think it's gonna happen.

Hurricane DB signee Kiy Hester says he's working hard on "my speed, just gaining strength."
His goal is to make an immediate impact as a Cane freshman.

-Says "Miami sent me a workout package so I've been doing their workouts," "It's about speed. Coaches said they don't want me to get too big, just come down there conditioned."

-Says the UM workouts "are a mix of what I've already done - I've done a lot of different workouts.

-Says "It's not that hard, but they're good workouts," "I've gotten bigger and stronger already. I'm at 205 now, five pounds up from the season."

-busy learning the defensive playbook.

-Says "I got the two spring installs, have the playbook, the beginning of it," "The concepts are really easy. Now I just have to learn the blitzes, that's the main thing."

-Says his chance to play a big role early could depend on the health of Rayshawn Jenkins.

-Says "Coach D (Mark D'Onofrio) told me they don't know how healthy he'll be [Jenkins sat out all of spring drills], that I need to come in focused and they'd be happy to play me early," "I know I'm ready to play. It's just about me handling my business on the field, in the classroom. If I get beat out and work my hardest, it is what it is, but I'll go out there to compete."

-Says "We're bringing in playmakers on offense and defense, and with what's already there I feel us adding on to what they have, with the coaching staff, I feel like we'll just build from the beginning of the season to the end, will get better every week. I feel we can be unstoppable."

-Says "everything is set" for him to arrive at UM and that he'll be on campus in mid-May for summer session I. He will room with Marques Gayot.

* Hester says he hopes to wear uniform number 4 or 9.

(Hope he gets #9 save #4 for next year)

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1634122

So Mr. Quan Johnson coming bra? Sweet... !!

Advertisement

bet you this Kaaya has grinded harder and studied that playbook more these last couple months in Cali than Olsen did his entire freshman year combined.

I hope he doesn come in ready, it will only make the other QB's better.

266.gif

Lulz punci come on now bro

but i read on this board our coaches only care about getting bigger and not about speed. i am confused.

Advertisement
Back