Kirkland, Thomas, Grace, Bostwick, Coley....lock it

HurricaneForce

O.G. Original Grassy
I think we get all of them and here's why;

There is no logical reason why Kirklan'd offer would have been rescinded unless we have actually reached our limit (which I'm not sure is still 16 as Golden had announced BEFORE the NCAA's faux pas or he will take a few more, IIRC we have 20 schollys available but holding back a few to self impose).

We're at 13 right now.....I'm guessing we must have had 3-4 quality silents for the staff to be willing to to rescind an offer to 4 star OL with a 5 star classnate who is our #1 target......but was Thomas really at risk?.....would we really do that?

IMHO Golden's hand was forced with Kirkland not because we were desparate for him........but because we actually have too many commits, and he could afford to risk losing Kirkland and perhaps Thomas.....but would they risk losing Thomas?....I think not. I think Thomas is one of the silents.

I know only what I read on this and a few other boards, but IMHO; Thomas, Bostwick, Grace and possible Coley are silents.....and furthemore, why would the staff get togther with Kirkland and "re-open" the offer......because he agreed to become a silent.

I'm saying logic dictates that we get Kirkland, Thomas, Bostwick, Grace and Coley.

Advertisement

There is no logical reason why Kirklan'd offer would have been rescinded unless we have actually reached our limit (which I'm not sure is still 16 as Golden had announced BEFORE the NCAA's faux pas or he will take a few more, IIRC we have 20 schollys available but holding back a few to self impose).

We're at 13 right now.....I'm guessing we must have had 3-4 quality silents for the staff to be willing to to rescind an offer to 4 star OL with a 5 star classnate who is our #1 target......but was Thomas really at risk?.....would we really do that?

IMHO Golden's hand was forced with Kirkland not because we were desparate for him........but because we actually have too many commits, and he could afford to risk losing Kirkland and perhaps Thomas.....but would they risk losing Thomas?....I think not. I think Thomas is one of the silents.

I know only what I read on this and a few other boards, but IMHO; Thomas, Bostwick, Grace and possible Coley are silents.....and furthemore, why would the staff get togther with Kirkland and "re-open" the offer......because he agreed to become a silent.

I'm saying logic dictates that we get Kirkland, Thomas, Bostwick, Grace and Coley.

There is no logic in Recruiting.

Edwards, Grace, Bostwick, Kirkland...hopefully one t least of Thomas/Bryant/Coley.

Advertisement

Sure there is, kids grow up rooting for a team, wanting to play in front of their friends and family, wanting to be in a position to contribute immediately, and then they do the logical thing by...not going there.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljb4wlKRu01qixleeo1_500.gif

****, nevermind.

Just like Collins and Brooks were "locks". Hope you're right though.

P.s. Michigan's unis are obnoxiously bright.

Advertisement
before Alex Collins decision OP's post would have double digit likes...... now well not so much

I don't think the coaches were bluffing with Kirkland when they told him the class was full. I believe the coaches felt very strongly about at least 5 guys and are/were willing to wait on 1 to 2 guys.

Before you all go to bed tonight, pray to the Lord Jesus Christ... Maybe Lord will listen to our pain and see our suffering and pity us enough that we pull all these guys in. Amen!!!

Advertisement

With 17 year old kids I agree......but I think the staff would act logical and the way I see it, they would not have pulled Kirkland's offer if we didn't have close to our limit........plus they would not have jeopardized Thomas unless he was a silent.

I don't think the coaches were bluffing with Kirkland when they told him the class was full. I believe the coaches felt very strongly about at least 5 guys and are/were willing to wait on 1 to 2 guys.

Exactly. It's the only thiong that makes sense.

Advertisement
Golden, Cristobal, Barrow, & Coley are too **** good at this to get shutout, right? I wouldn't call for a clean sweep but we got to get some of these kids.

I agree with the OP. Coach Golden is one of the better recruiters in the country. He wouldn't risk losing Thomas. Either there's no shot with Thomas or he's a silent.

I rather say

we are only getting 2 people and wake up and go "NICE! we got 3!!!"

vs

we are getting them all and wake up and go "**** I AM GOING TO KILL EVERYONE"

Advertisement
Back