Kirkland met with coaches: Fat Manny says Miami is out

Way I think this has played out....

I think Kirkland decided to go to FSU, but he was telling Family and Harris he hadn't decided because he didnt want to be harassed. Coley tells Golden Kirkland had told him he was going to FSU. Staff meets with Kirkland and think he's jerking them around. They decide to force the issue and tell Kirkland to committ or we got some other guys for your spot. Kirkland knowing he wsnt going to pick Miami tells Golden he's still waiting until NSD. Staff pulls offer....family and Harris freak out because they want him in Miami and don't realize Kirkland's made up his mind. Scramble ensues with family and Harris trying to bring UM and Kirkland back together.

You may be on to something here.

Advertisement

I think Kirkland decided to go to FSU, but he was telling Family and Harris he hadn't decided because he didnt want to be harassed. Coley tells Golden Kirkland had told him he was going to FSU. Staff meets with Kirkland and think he's jerking them around. They decide to force the issue and tell Kirkland to committ or we got some other guys for your spot. Kirkland knowing he wsnt going to pick Miami tells Golden he's still waiting until NSD. Staff pulls offer....family and Harris freak out because they want him in Miami and don't realize Kirkland's made up his mind. Scramble ensues with family and Harris trying to bring UM and Kirkland back together.

nah

No problem, but why not.....just seems to fit for me.

So what's the truth? DK & his family met with AG/staff & Donna, and they told UM they're not interested? Doesn't make sense...

I think it would be crazy to expect anyone from Denver's side to ever say they called UM and that's how things got re-started. Of course they are going to say The U are the ones who called if that happened. That said, maybe it was Miami who called back originally. It's one thing we'll never really know for sure.

nah

Remove Timothy Harris from the equation, and it might vibe with me.

Delusional? Try this on for size

4 minutes ago
Honestly would love to land Kirkland, but this is not the kind of publicity Miami needed and proves even more that their staff has some major issues and holes coaching wise.

This post was edited by NoleAkiefer on 2/2/2013 at 12:11 PM
47.gif

Advertisement

I agree, it seems like he had his mind made up on going to FSU and Ice and his family had no clue.

nah

He wouldn't have gotten so ****y about the offer getting pulled and neither would Ice. Reportedly, Ice has nothing to do with this meeting and it's been set up by Denver and the fam. "After today I trust no one but God"...he wanted to come to Miami from jump street, but wanted his shine.

nah

He wouldn't have gotten so ****y about the offer getting pulled and neither would Ice. Reportedly, Ice has nothing to do with this meeting and it's been set up by Denver and the fam. "After today I trust no one but God"...he wanted to come to Miami from jump street, but wanted his shine.

I certainly hope you're right. I want him in this class...just as much for the politics as the fact that he can be a good player for us.

Advertisement
Remember what ira benson said they were a package deal

You may be on to something here.

This situationis reverting back to how the recruiting process should be;the parents, kid, and the college. Sometimes parents trust the coaches and the coaches has ulterior motives. Now the kirklands realise and have remove the Ice from the equation cause for once they have realised that 'their' best interest are not symbiotic. HS school coaches are supposed to provide support of course, but at the end of the day the decision should be between the kids and his parents.

Lets hope we can all win from this situation and move on. GO CANES

Advertisement
So what are the chances that Kirkland says no if he has an offer again?

Don't think he would agree to the meeting then though.

Advertisement

He still might not want to come because he is ****ed. It seems like his parents are pushing this more than him.

I joke about the Golden as the mafia don thing, but he went out and called a meeting of the two families.

33.gif

Maybe Golden sets up a meeting with Harris and Uncle WhatsHisName at an Italian Resturant thats got one of those old time toilets in the bathroom. You know the one with the pull chain.....

He still might not want to come because he is ****ed. It seems like his parents are pushing this more than him.

But if it is just hurt feelings then he will get over it, the fact is he wants usm we want him, the family wants us so unless he hates us lik Quinton Powell hates UF he will hve to think do i leave UM and regret it later

Advertisement
Back