Kirkland met with coaches: Fat Manny says Miami is out

Advertisement
Assuming we do take him back, he would probably have to go prep, right?

I always took the grades thing to be more about "effort"...in other words, staff will have to push to get him through and weren't sure they were willing to go through all that. Maybe that's why Shalala got involved....

It's like that guy that pulls a prank on you, then you pull a prank on him, and he realizes he isn't really equipped or ready to go to the lengths that you are willing to go to.

Yep. Like when my buddy unscrewed the top of the salt shaker when I wasn't looking and it all poured out on my steak. So I stuffed a dead hooker in his trunk and busted out one of his taillights.

He's serving life but still won't admit that I got him good!

Advertisement
I'm tellin' ya, for a guy that goes back to the mid 90's days of recruiting in which it took 3 days for a computer to load a page on grassy, the most popular way to get info on FLA recruiting was the local news paper(St. Petersburg Times for me) or for my personal favorite.... If your subscribed to the Grassy recruiting magazine(mini newspaper), 6 issues for $30 if I remember correctly and was delivered directly on the leg of a pigeon, this has to be the the craziest recruiting cycle of all time.......

Loving every minute of it!!!!

Supposedly dad spoke to Golden the staff and even talked to Shalala.

Our staff is masterful.

And for these reasons, we should really stop bashing these kids. They are 17/18 yr old kids. Who knows what they are being told or what's going on in their heads??? Yet every time one of them says something we don't agree with, we say I hope they suck at life at said university. Every year at this time, things change by the minute. And almost everyone on these boards get hysterical either on the high end or low end. We all need to chill, enjoy the process and hope for the best. At the end of the day, AG is in charge, and we are going to get some really talented kids. Whether 6 or DK are part of that group, we will find out in approx 4 days. Lets all just enjoy the ride.

Advertisement
He wants back in, figure out a way for him to sign his LOI today.

Also, who is to say a DT existed? Golden playing a little Mike McDermott sitting with Johnny Chan IMO.

Seriously, if this works out do you question Golden again? Dudes like 6 moves ahead.

I haven't questioned him at all. He's doing this the right way in my opinion. You don't think he has an ace up his sleeve for these HS coaches that are ******** with him? I trust Al's process and his handling of these situations. This is all very refreshing to me, is Shancoker was at the helm we'd have ol commits from Alaska right noe, not a chess game with some of the nations best.

It's not enough that Golden has to recruit kids and their families, he's got to deal with 2-bit 3 card monti con men hs coaches and never-was entertainers.

Supposedly dad spoke to Golden the staff and even talked to Shalala.

Our staff is masterful.

And for these reasons, we should really stop bashing these kids. They are 17/18 yr old kids. Who knows what they are being told or what's going on in their heads??? Yet every time one of them says something we don't agree with, we say I hope they suck at life at said university. Every year at this time, things change by the minute. And almost everyone on these boards get hysterical either on the high end or low end. We all need to chill, enjoy the process and hope for the best. At the end of the day, AG is in charge, and we are going to get some really talented kids. Whether 6 or DK are part of that group, we will find out in approx 4 days. Lets all just enjoy the ride.

I totally agree. Recruits, coaches and parents read the boards. Think before you write, and think again before hitting the Post button.

Advertisement
Kinda feel bad for DK. Everyone got mad at him but at the end of the day he's a 18 year old kid. If he had commited the de-commited and back again I could understand. He was probably being told to wait till signing day left and right and then it backfired. After sleeping on it the kid was probably heartbroken and wanted to go any route to get back in. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

Advertisement
So I go to Ihop stuff my pie hole come back and
15.gif

What did he say?

Here's his post...not an article so not sure about the verbatim linking, but whatever

"We have heard from multiple sources that Denver Kirkland's dad had a series of phone conversations with Al Golden, other UM coaches and even UM President Donna Shalala on Friday and the doors of dialogue have been opened that could lead to Kirkland getting back in the mix for this recruiiting class."

My only concern is who are we losing out on? I guess we'll know soon enough.

perhaps bryant? but i'd say robinson as i doubt he will flip in all seriousness

Rumor on Robinson is he's been calling staff all week.... I'm not sure how I'm going to get any work done in the next week.

i feel you man, just out of curiosity would you rather take robinson or kirkland?

25.gif

Advertisement
Back