Kirkland met with coaches: Fat Manny says Miami is out

Advertisement
only if 6 comes too

Bull****, we want real Canes, well maybe just maybe, this kid is one and didn't realize the opportunity till it was taken from him; not necessarily an uncommon thing for a young man.

If this story is true we (Al, Barrow and Coley, maybe Kehoe) need to sit down and have a face-to-face with he, his parents and Ice to get this done the right way in hopes of laying out our expectations of him and having a clear line of communication with all involved.

Last edited:
I think it'd make Al look even better. Remember it was DK backing down not Al. Al would thus have showed he won't get pushed around or played which matters even more once the recruit gets here and needs to be coached. It'll also show that he's willing to forgive and forget. To me it makes him a clear winner on all scorecards.

Last edited:
Not buying it till I see a reliable source but if true, al is genius

On this issue...Ferman is about as reliable a source as you're going to find, now excuse me for a moment

22.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
only if 6 comes too

Bull****, we want real Canes, well maybe just maybe, this kid is one and didn't realize the opportunity till it was taken from him; not necessarily an uncommon thing for a young man.

If this story is true we (Al, Barrow and Coley, maybe Kehoe) need to sit down and have a face-to-face with he, his parents and Ice to get this done the right way in hopes of laying our expectations of him and having a clear communication with all involved.

Gotta do it quick. Quiet period starts tomorrow. The the dead period the day after through NSD.

Well played if true. Take him if there is any room...pluses for everyone involved.

Agree with this. IF you can squeeze him in why wouldn't you? You've already started de-recruiting him. And if true this demonstrates he really is just a kid.

And "Lice" gets to save face. UM delivers a warning to those who play games while showing compassion. General public happy. As long as this is not publicized, of course.

Advertisement
Ferman said it.

And yea it's Ferman, but dude was right the first time lol

What did he say?

Here's his post...not an article so not sure about the verbatim linking, but whatever

"We have heard from multiple sources that Denver Kirkland's dad had a series of phone conversations with Al Golden, other UM coaches and even UM President Donna Shalala on Friday and the doors of dialogue have been opened that could lead to Kirkland getting back in the mix for this recruiiting class."

My only concern is who are we losing out on? I guess we'll know soon enough.

Advertisement
Wait... I thought we didnt need him? I thought he wasnt "that" good??

For the ones that do it, quit bashing kids. Period.

Very very quickly, Denver is recognizing how little that attention and suspense on NSD means in the grand scheme of things.

Advertisement
Wait... I thought we didnt need him? I thought he wasnt "that" good??

For the ones that do it, quit bashing kids. Period.

I know some have expressed concerns about Kirkland, but primarily it was in regards to him being a luxury at this point since we have three other Olineman committed and a glaring need at DT. Others have talked about him being a guard versus a tackle, but in general I don't think anyone has said he can't play. Or wouldn't contribute.

Ferman said it.

And yea it's Ferman, but dude was right the first time lol

What did he say?

Here's his post...not an article so not sure about the verbatim linking, but whatever

"We have heard from multiple sources that Denver Kirkland's dad had a series of phone conversations with Al Golden, other UM coaches and even UM President Donna Shalala on Friday and the doors of dialogue have been opened that could lead to Kirkland getting back in the mix for this recruiiting class."

My only concern is who are we losing out on? I guess we'll know soon enough.

By the looks of it, the Kirkland party called Al, so maybe no one.

Advertisement
Back