Kirk Livingstone

U

User-4525

I've been talking up this kid for a while, and here's why

@PLamRecruiting: Am told #Stranahan 2015 DE Kirk Livingstone was offered by #USF #FSU #WakeForest #UConn & #Army

Also has vandy and Syracuse offers

Right up there with mcintosh. One of my Favorite players in south Florida this cycle, although I'm heavily biased

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2902661/highlights/73615380

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Kid definitely has a mean streak. Looks tough and hungry. What do you think our chances are?

If we offer we will be right in it. He has a family member and a coach that posts on the board

Call me crazy but I feel like that hurts our chances with him. We spend a lot of time ragging on our Dline on here (and for good reason). Can't imagine they would be talking up our staff since they know first hand how much of a mess our D has been.

Really hope we take BIG strides this year cuz that will help us with every big defensive recruit down here.

Advertisement
Kid definitely has a mean streak. Looks tough and hungry. What do you think our chances are?

If we offer we will be right in it. He has a family member and a coach that posts on the board

Call me crazy but I feel like that hurts our chances with him. We spend a lot of time ragging on our Dline on here (and for good reason). Can't imagine they would be talking up our staff since they know first hand how much of a mess our D has been.

Really hope we take BIG strides this year cuz that will help us with every big defensive recruit down here.

it could hurt our chances, but it hasn't. First thing first is the offer

Advertisement
The kid is very smart str8 A student he really likes Stanford but no offer yet when it comes to football and the same with miami which sucks but a go Canes baby

that's my nephew I told him once he makes it I need a brand new Bentley

That might sum up our problems. We have fans who want a Bentley; SEC and FSU has fans that BUY the players Bentleys. Hey, next time you talk to him tell him I be satisfied with a Mercedes.

Why do we always think that we are the only fans that do this?

I never claimed we're the only fans that are critical, I realize this is normal. But let's be honest, it's gotten pretty bad here. If you're a poster that means you're VERY aware of how dire our situation has gotten on the defensive side.

Now imagine your family member was a highly touted recruit on the D-line. Would you be transparent with them or would you steer him to the Canes despite our failures on the defensive side? I think you have to find the middle ground, cautious optimism I guess.

Point is, it's gotta be tough be a diehard Canes fan and being related to a highly touted defensive recruit.

Advertisement

Except being an actual player and actual coach, I'm sure they have more than enough knowledge to make decisions on their own. They know the team, they've watched video I'm sure, and they know more than most of the armchair coaches on this site. I can't imagine they'd base their decision about whether the D is such a mess it can't be fixed on people posting on a message board. Any coach or player who has to take message board chatter about X's and O's from fans to make a decision would be barely worth having on a team to begin with.

I never claimed we're the only fans that are critical, I realize this is normal. But let's be honest, it's gotten pretty bad here. If you're a poster that means you're VERY aware of how dire our situation has gotten on the defensive side.

Now imagine your family member was a highly touted recruit on the D-line. Would you be transparent with them or would you steer him to the Canes despite our failures on the defensive side? I think you have to find the middle ground, cautious optimism I guess.

Point is, it's gotta be tough be a diehard Canes fan and being related to a highly touted defensive recruit.

If you're a family member or player you are hopefully analyzing the team on your own to make a decision, and not basing it on the mopey complaints and "expertise" of message board denizens.

Advertisement
First of all *** he's my nephew I want him to go to miami but I can't make the. Coaches offer him u dip ****

Not sure who you were replying to since you didn't reply with the quote. However, just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was criticizing your nephew in any way. My point is that it's silly for a poster to act as if a recruit, a recruit's coach, or a recruit's family would rely on the "expertise" of nobodies on a message board to decide if a college coach, a college defense, a college program, is any good. Any recruit or coach likely knows are more about football than the majority of the arm-chair experts on this board and could make that assessment based on their knowledge and experience, not what somebody posts on the board.

Best of luck to your nephew in his football future.

Advertisement
Back