Kirk Herbstreit

Advertisement
He forced the admin to “pretend” they care. Apparently everyone’s falling for it. You’re getting played lol
Frustrated Whats Wrong With You GIF

he was only the conduit with the biggest microphone. we had to convince him to go all out on the air. you should thank the few "un-named" people behind the scenes.

... very few fans wondered when Herbie was speaking, "where was this coming from?". "how did Herbie know SOOO much about the inner workings of our school, president, athletic director etc?" "has college gamely ever gone after a school like this?"

it took a few weeks but he finally agreed to go after us after getting approval from his boss.
Vilma gave him copy 💯

So wait.... Y'all are saying Vilma called for the hit?
John Gotti-style. Before everybody crowns Herbstreit, did everybody listen to him last night? Oh, Manny has done a good job...blah, blah, blah. It is easy to rip on Miami. He should have been cheering the move. The dude now knows what is coming in South Florida. He is no fan of Miami. He is a fan of college football, but he is a Buckeye first and a Buckeye last.

Advertisement
It all began and ends with Vilma. He has been the orchestra leader from the beginning and also source for much of what has been taking place undercover.
I love Vilma and he was instrumental in this situation playing out the way it did. That said, I rolled back the tape and only see Herbie on the College GameDay set that day.

Advertisement
Very smart dude
I met him through his father who was a supervisor at the IRS in downtown Miami. Dad was thought as nails and a strong negotiator. Son was the same ad he was the man behind the scenes who pulled this off. He deserves credit but so few actually know about his role.

It’s the least he could do after that bs PI call that got his school a championship against us

Advertisement
Advertisement
John Gotti-style. Before everybody crowns Herbstreit, did everybody listen to him last night? Oh, Manny has done a good job...blah, blah, blah. It is easy to rip on Miami. He should have been cheering the move. The dude now knows what is coming in South Florida. He is no fan of Miami. He is a fan of college football, but he is a Buckeye first and a Buckeye last.

Exactly.

he was only the conduit with the biggest microphone. we had to convince him to go all out on the air. you should thank the few "un-named" people behind the scenes.

... very few fans wondered when Herbie was speaking, "where was this coming from?". "how did Herbie know SOOO much about the inner workings of our school, president, athletic director etc?" "has college gamely ever gone after a school like this?"

it took a few weeks but he finally agreed to go after us after getting approval from his boss.
I wasn't aware there was a movement behind the scenes, at ESPN I presume, to get this on the air.

Safe bet you will see it. Bring up a controversial topic and he will erupt like old faithful.

Yeah as you saw in the other post referenced by pentagon, he was already whining about Manny being fired last night. Was just hoping to see him sprout some tears like SpongeBob

A5BA98C9-E049-4B01-9B46-6300B32F06DD.gif

Advertisement
Back