Kirk Herbstreit on UM vs Bama

Advertisement
Translation....Herbie thinks Alabama's D will mop the floor with the Canes.

D'Eriq King will be the best player on the field whenever he is on it. So you always have a chance when that is the case. I dont care how great their defense is supposed to be. Alot of this is just hype based off what Bama beat writers are saying to the masses. How the **** does anyone know Bamas defense is the best in the country based off what they did last year when they werent even top 20 in total defense last year? Its all hype as of now.

The best player on the field whenever he is on it?

Where do you guys get this BS from?

Stop exaggerating his value.

Kirk is great, one of the best college analysis who keep it a buck. He knows like most, college football is better with Miami in the mix. He didn't say anything note worthy but said King has giving our entire team a jolt and belief that wasn't there before. Also, said in college football you can always win a game you shouldn't win but thinks Bama is top D in college and it will be a tall task.

Advertisement
Had no idea they had a former nfl head coach coaching the freaking oline. I hate bama!

Thats true. He has a major in Business Administration, so that absolutely plays a part in it.

I´d would say that his broadcasting partner Chris Fowler is more of a Miami fan. Lives in Miami, has broadcasted here during some crazy games and also has done some interviews with smaller podcasts in the last year.
Who are these smaller podcasts he interviewed? Names?

What a typical comment from one of the negative nellie troll fans on this page. SMH

Not really a troll comment… well maybe the 5’8 part lololol. But the last time we played an Alabama level team (Clemson) they did have an answer for King. He was electric at times on the ground, but Clemson schemed perfectly on the passing side of things (****, didn’t even score an offensive touchdown til the game didn’t matter anymore, and it was a short king run). So indeed King, “while electric at times,” probably won’t “be electric every play against Alabama” given the very small sample size of teams with “superior” coaches that properly scout and scheme against their opponent’s weaknesses.

Note: I don’t put the Clemson loss on King. That man played his heart out. So did Bubba. That game was on the coaching (our poor game plan/adjustments vs opponents’), OL, and just overall team discipline…. and if we don’t keep this game close, it will be for the same reasons.

Hope they show up in all aspects on the 4th. Getting dropped on national TV hasn’t been fun.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The best player on the field whenever he is on it?

Where do you guys get this BS from?

Stop exaggerating his value.
Who will be better? Let me guess..Will Anderson? Henry To to? . Y’all been sucking these dudes nuts so much they better play like phucking Lawrence Taylor and Mike Singletary on Sept 4th.

Who will be better? Let me guess..Will Anderson? Henry To to? . Y’all been sucking these dudes nuts so much they better play like phucking Lawrence Taylor and Mike Singletary on Sept 4th.

It's about being realistic.

Stop over exaggerating his value. He has yet to take over a game vs a team of studs. In fact he's gotten destroyed in all of them.

He has a chance to prove is worth for one final time, this season.

Toe mas! Really.
I love his heart and competitiveness, but he is very limited as a passer due to his height. He's a great leader, great person, makes great decisions with the ball, but to act like he doesn't have holes in his game is pretty sad. Again, it's not his arm, but rather that he often doesn't even see guys who are open.

Now, I'm not going to say there's no chance of him improving, because there is. It all depends on how creative Lashlee can be with him. If we see more garbage like we saw against Clemson, we are getting rolled. Lashlee has to do a better job of getting King's eyes down the field, and finding ways to get him throwing lanes. If that happens and King starts to see and hit his targets downfield, we're going to have a huge season. That's a really big if, though.

I hope we see that jump. King wouldn't have come back if he himself didn't think he had to improve, a lot. I hope to see it right out of the gate against Alabama.

Advertisement

Maybe the guy who will be the first OL taken in April? I love D’Eriq, but he will not be the best player on the field next Saturday. Let’s stop that lol.

What a typical comment from one of the negative nellie troll fans on this page. SMH
Ok, Mr. Positive. Name me one top team King has ever beaten as a QB. I'll wait. Here's hoping you can answer the question come September 5th, but to date, I think we both know what the answer is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back