Kirk Herbstreit on UM vs Bama

Advertisement
Herbie loves the U.

kirk-herbstreit-miami-hurricanes-football-the-u-al-golden-brad-kaaya-allcanes.jpg

I don’t think that Herbie is necessarily a fan per say, more that he enjoys what a good Miami program brings to the overall college football experience. He’s part of a growing segment of college football fans that are getting tired of seeing Alabama vs Clemson EVERY **** SEASON.

Advertisement
Advertisement
D'Eriq King will be the best player on the field whenever he is on it. So you always have a chance when that is the case. I dont care how great their defense is supposed to be. Alot of this is just hype based off what Bama beat writers are saying to the masses. How the **** does anyone know Bamas defense is the best in the country based off what they did last year when they werent even top 20 in total defense last year? Its all hype as of now.
Agreed. Saying that this Alabama defense is the best defense in college football is a completely arbitrary statement. It is literally based on nothing. Last year Alabama's defense was ranked #32 in total defense. #17 in rush defense and #70 in pass defense(yards allowed). By comparison UM was #67 in total defense #76 in rush defense and #65 in pass defense(yards allowed). We were dreadful on defense for the most part. Alabama's defense was better than ours but that isn't the point. I understand that they return 92% of their defensive production but I don't see any objective reason to consider them to be the best defense in college football this year.

Advertisement
I don’t think that Herbie is necessarily a fan per say, more that he enjoys what a good Miami program brings to the overall college football experience. He’s part of a growing segment of college football fans that are getting tired of seeing Alabama vs Clemson EVERY **** SEASON.
Thats true. He has a major in Business Administration, so that absolutely plays a part in it.

I´d would say that his broadcasting partner Chris Fowler is more of a Miami fan. Lives in Miami, has broadcasted here during some crazy games and also has done some interviews with smaller podcasts in the last year.

Sounds like he's trying to boost TV ratings. King, while electric at times, isn't going to be electric every play against Alabama. The "best D in the country" will have an answer for a 5'8" QB.
What a typical comment from one of the negative nellie troll fans on this page. SMH

Advertisement
Sounds like he's trying to boost TV ratings. King, while electric at times, isn't going to be electric every play against Alabama. The "best D in the country" will have an answer for a 5'8" QB.
Had to give a dumb because his height is irrelevant and of course he isn’t going to be electric every play. No qb is.

I always felt he knows it’s good for college football when Miami is good
Good for ratings
U need a good bad guy
So he’s always hyping us up
We’re gonna get hyped up a lot over the next two weeks to hype up that bama game
Hype going to be huge after we upset the defending champs and then we will end up losing to gt somehow

Advertisement
Back