Kirby know

Advertisement
I’d break it up like this:

25% hiring
25% evaluation (for recruiting, roster)
25% recruiting
25% coaching (game planning, prep, philosophy, in-game)

13/25 - he turned over nearly 100% of the staff in Year 1 despite a ton of splash and money spent. He seemingly hit better in year two.

18/25 - Some expected misses (Moss, Acheampong, many of the ‘depth’ pieces), but more hits (Lee and Cohen were home runs, Mauigoa the LB was a home run, Anez cooper was thievery, let’s see what happens with Ny Carr and some DL this Upcoming couple of years). I also count our roster management - for example, our QB situation and plan - here.

24/25 - He has outperformed expectations and doesn’t get a perfect score only because we haven’t landed the ‘whale’ recruit like Ellis Robinson or JJ Smith. Mauigoa the OL may qualify as that, but that’s his OL bread and butter, and we still need that level at CB for sure.

5/25 - he gets credit for his teams playing harder and more physical football - with some obvious lapses like Rutgers. He’s clearly improved the OL. I knock off a lot of points for his philosophy. I acknowledge that's my personal bias. I’ve mentioned it may be an ok approach when we have 4-5 top classes In a row and settling or being conservative is more acceptable. For now, we’ve needed entirely more aggression in terms of game planning and in-game management.

60/100 so far.

I wouldn’t use a school grade scale for these. More like:

90-100 elite
70-89 above average
50-69 average
25-49 poor
0-24 horrific

So, for 8M/year and a lot of resources, average is unlikely to cut it. And, not sure if the recruiting is sustainable to boost the grade unless the W/L trajectory changes. Let’s see how it plays out…

Would go 20/25 for recruiting personally. Can't give him an A grade there when the most important position in the sport has been mismanged like this. He's recurited some positions well like OLine and Dline, but a lack of talent at QB and DB bumps him down.

I’d break it up like this:

25% hiring
25% evaluation (for recruiting, roster)
25% recruiting
25% coaching (game planning, prep, philosophy, in-game)

13/25 - he turned over nearly 100% of the staff in Year 1 despite a ton of splash and money spent. He seemingly hit better in year two.

18/25 - Some expected misses (Moss, Acheampong, many of the ‘depth’ pieces), but more hits (Lee and Cohen were home runs, Mauigoa the LB was a home run, Anez cooper was thievery, let’s see what happens with Ny Carr and some DL this Upcoming couple of years). I also count our roster management - for example, our QB situation and plan - here.

24/25 - He has outperformed expectations and doesn’t get a perfect score only because we haven’t landed the ‘whale’ recruit like Ellis Robinson or JJ Smith. Mauigoa the OL may qualify as that, but that’s his OL bread and butter, and we still need that level at CB for sure.

5/25 - he gets credit for his teams playing harder and more physical football - with some obvious lapses like Rutgers. He’s clearly improved the OL. I knock off a lot of points for his philosophy. I acknowledge that's my personal bias. I’ve mentioned it may be an ok approach when we have 4-5 top classes In a row and settling or being conservative is more acceptable. For now, we’ve needed entirely more aggression in terms of game planning and in-game management.

60/100 so far.

I wouldn’t use a school grade scale for these. More like:

90-100 elite
70-89 above average
50-69 average
25-49 poor
0-24 horrific

So, for 8M/year and a lot of resources, average is unlikely to cut it. And, not sure if the recruiting is sustainable to boost the grade unless the W/L trajectory changes. Let’s see how it plays out…
Are you higher on the QBs than others. 24/25 with no mention of the most important position in sports?

Advertisement
Are you higher on the QBs than others. 24/25 with no mention of the most important position in sports?
I mentioned it in evaluation instead of recruiting. Perhaps I was too optimistic about what happens next. If he completely whiffs on a QB, that roster evaluation (portal) score goes down another 8 points. It’s almost inconceivable to me that he’d totally whiff on a portal QB while offering $1-2M. We’ll see.

LOL @ Kirby talking about "recruiting". UGA's been buying players since forever.
Kirby should have gone on to state the truth...............you are only as good in recruiting as far as the size of your pocketbook allowing you to go...
We are not talking even the "bag" factor.......we are talking how many $$$'s that are available to shop for your program.

NIL changed all that old "recruiting talk"......and these Coaches need to admit it...
Thennnnnnnnnnnnnn.....we throw in the icing on the cake......here comes the bags....which are still in play........
purse handbag GIF by KARA

Kirby should have gone on to state the truth...............you are only as good in recruiting as far as the size of your pocketbook allowing you to go...
We are not talking even the "bag" factor.......we are talking how many $$$'s that are available to shop for your program.

NIL changed all that old "recruiting talk"......and these Coaches need to admit it...
Thennnnnnnnnnnnnn.....we throw in the icing on the cake......here comes the bags....which are still in play........
they don't have buy guys anymore ... they're two time champs ... cmon now

they don't have buy guys anymore ... they're two time champs ... cmon now
Says who????????....next you will say Saban being Saban never saw a bag he didn't love... same for Kirby......

Get real......bags are still out there and in play...........if you are skeptical.....I have a condo in Nevada with an ocean view...good price too....

Advertisement

What kills me is when He said "you can't out coach recruiting". No, but you can under coach it, look at His predecessor, Richt used to pull in top 3-5 classes, and He underachieved.

they way for sustain success is hs recruiting ... portal is one hit wonders ...recruiting is classic albums

You’re reaching here.. he ain’t speaking about just HS recruiting my friend. You have to recruit portal guys and spend time with them just like HS guys. He’s just saying that recruiting (hs and portal) is probably the most important thing he does. I do agree that HS recruiting is the best way to sustain success, but that’s not what he’s talking about.

You’re reaching here.. he ain’t speaking about just HS recruiting my friend. You have to recruit portal guys and spend time with them just like HS guys. He’s just saying that recruiting (hs and portal) is probably the most important thing he does. I do agree that HS recruiting is the best way to sustain success, but that’s not what he’s talking about.
i agree, but his base is hs recruiting ... when you build through portal, you get what happen to fsu

Kirby finally bruh someone telling the ******* truth

Thank this dude for not capping for the media and slurpers fans that don’t know wtf they are talking about. My goodness I can’t believe someone finally said it
Lol coaches say this **** all the time my boy! Mario says it all the time, he just uses the phrase “talent acquisition” instead. Nothing new here

Advertisement
Lol coaches say this **** all the time my boy! Mario says it all the time, he just uses the phrase “talent acquisition” instead. Nothing new here
Yea but he’s telling the truth about coaching. If u a basic squad like fsu your not beating a UGA even if Norvell got a playbook from the year 2055. That’s my point Kirby telling it like it is, he’s basically discrediting himself and spitting facts that’s my point. You think Steve Kerr if he took the Knicks job instead of the warriors he would be considered elite? No cause the knicks ain’t have curry

Yea but he’s telling the truth about coaching. If u a basic squad like fsu your not beating a UGA even if Norvell got a playbook from the year 2055. That’s my point Kirby telling it like it is, he’s basically discrediting himself and spitting facts that’s my point. You think Steve Kerr if he took the Knicks job instead of the warriors he would be considered elite? No cause the knicks ain’t have curry
Again nothing new he’s telling us. Coaches never take all the credit and but take all the blame when they lose. Don’t use a once in a generation player like curry as an example 😂

Again nothing new he’s telling us. Coaches never take all the credit and but take all the blame when they lose. Don’t use a once in a generation player like curry as an example 😂
I could use it for Phil Jackson Bill Belichek I mean the list goes on. I’m with Jimmie Johnson it’s about the Joes

Advertisement
We’re recruiting good enough to win right now. It’s still not on the level it needs to be, like Georgia/Bama level but for the most part I think everyone is fairly pleased with recruiting. QB and DB recruiting is nowhere near where it needs to be but that’s a topic for another time. Where I believe we’re miles behind programs like Georgia right now is strength&conditioning, development, depth, etc. I was watching that game against FSU and their backup TE, not Bowers, is out there looking like The Terminator and hurdling tacklers like Carl Lewis. Their 3rd string RB’s are out there completely running over people and looking like they could start at most schools. The worst part, for me, about watching these playoff games and some of these other top ten teams is you realize how far away we still are in all facets.

We’re recruiting good enough to win right now. It’s still not on the level it needs to be, like Georgia/Bama level but for the most part I think everyone is fairly pleased with recruiting. QB and DB recruiting is nowhere near where it needs to be but that’s a topic for another time. Where I believe we’re miles behind programs like Georgia right now is strength&conditioning, development, depth, etc. I was watching that game against FSU and their backup TE, not Bowers, is out there looking like The Terminator and hurdling tacklers like Carl Lewis. Their 3rd string RB’s are out there completely running over people and looking like they could start at most schools. The worst part, for me, about watching these playoff games and some of these other top ten teams is you realize how far away we still are in all facets.
Mario knew it was a long rebuild. He had just hoped TVD was more advanced than he was so he went light on QB recruiting from the jump. That hurts us now. And he def should have jumped on Corey Raymond over Addae for recruiting purposes. All hindsight now. All that matter is building key positions moving forward and getting exotic in schemes.

Advertisement
Back