Kirby know

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a new found respect for this dude and now I know why kids play for him. He prolly says it’s not me it’s you, I can see why kids go play for these guys that get everyone. They just tell it like it is, you need the athlete the athlete doesn’t need your ***.
I think it's why I have some hope. I feel Mario gives that same type of attitude to these kids and just tells them straight.

I think it's why I have some hope. I feel Mario gives that same type of attitude to these kids and just tells them straight.
You can hear Mario in conference games when he give post game interviews. He believes in talent and he carefully doesn’t throw kids under the bus but he says vague **** that u have to pick up to understand. He didn’t want to throw TVD under the bus but you can tell he was basically saying we weak on DL and he attacked it. Anything that needs improvement he upgrades the room. He believes in the Saban build and rightfully so. U can’t out coach a stacked recruiter, it’s just facts.

Advertisement
let some people tell he's still a corch ... even as a back to back national championship head coach

Mario's grades:

25% evaluation - 15/25
50% recruiting - 50/50
25% coaching - 5/25 (has to get some credit for OL

Coaching score: 70/100

Advertisement
Mario's grades:

25% evaluation - 15/25
50% recruiting - 50/50

San Mario's Equation:

(40% cafecitos + 59% loafers + 1% gameday corching + 0% kneeling) + Stacking Top 5 classes For 10 years = We Byke

S0TGUr6wyuYN2.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Players players players.

Need more of them. Look at the NFL.

How many former Canes are top 10 in passing, rushing, receiving, sacks, tackles, INTs?

Our talent dried up. We need difference makers like Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State.

Mario's grades:

25% evaluation - 15/25
50% recruiting - 50/50

I’d break it up like this:

25% hiring
25% evaluation (for recruiting, roster)
25% recruiting
25% coaching (game planning, prep, philosophy, in-game)

13/25 - he turned over nearly 100% of the staff in Year 1 despite a ton of splash and money spent. He seemingly hit better in year two.

18/25 - Some expected misses (Moss, Acheampong, many of the ‘depth’ pieces), but more hits (Lee and Cohen were home runs, Mauigoa the LB was a home run, Anez cooper was thievery, let’s see what happens with Ny Carr and some DL this Upcoming couple of years). I also count our roster management - for example, our QB situation and plan - here.

24/25 - He has outperformed expectations and doesn’t get a perfect score only because we haven’t landed the ‘whale’ recruit like Ellis Robinson or JJ Smith. Mauigoa the OL may qualify as that, but that’s his OL bread and butter, and we still need that level at CB for sure.

5/25 - he gets credit for his teams playing harder and more physical football - with some obvious lapses like Rutgers. He’s clearly improved the OL. I knock off a lot of points for his philosophy. I acknowledge that's my personal bias. I’ve mentioned it may be an ok approach when we have 4-5 top classes In a row and settling or being conservative is more acceptable. For now, we’ve needed entirely more aggression in terms of game planning and in-game management.

60/100 so far.

I wouldn’t use a school grade scale for these. More like:

90-100 elite
70-89 above average
50-69 average
25-49 poor
0-24 horrific

So, for 8M/year and a lot of resources, average is unlikely to cut it. And, not sure if the recruiting is sustainable to boost the grade unless the W/L trajectory changes. Let’s see how it plays out…

Advertisement
Back