"Kirby does a good job of manipulating their thoughts" - Herbie

No. Every one carries the same risk and in my industry every one is assigned a specific job rather it’s the nozzle guy, rescue, roof, etc. You don’t do your job then everybody else’s job becomes harder or somebody dies. If I turn to you and yell “Johnson I need that roof open” Johnson isn’t going to think twice if he trusts me.

Sometimes I’ll even ask what do they think depending on what exactly we’re doing.
Fireside Officer spotted. I run the Beach Safety Division in my area for our Fire District. agreed on last point. do that all the time of my LTs.

Advertisement
So no manipulation involved when a Sgt points at two in a squad and tells them to charge a bunker? That manipulation began in basic training. Again, maybe a poor term that people are applying for diffent parts of leadership, but it is involved.
Nah man. I'm coming up on 14 years in Army, the last 10 of which spent in the SOF community. As @Zbrod95 said. Its the trust in your immediate leadership, and buying into a mutual vision that motivates people to act. In a "troops in contact " scenario, it's the trust that charging that bunker will give your detachment the greatest chance to close with, and kill the enemy, that springs you into action.

That SGT has to live with those "bodies" forever, so he isn't sending them to their grave. Those Jr. Dudes likely bunk together, so they do it for eachother. Manipulation ain't the right term. Inspired, motivated, maybe even convinced ? Yes... But not manipulated.

As a TCU alum I be shocked and dismayed.

As a Gawga alum, I bee proud as a peach 🍑.
U iz truly a rinassance mang Canedawg! Howeva I don’t beleeve I’d be a claimin TCU at dis paticula point in tyme. Georgia playa’s little brotha’s dat play middle skool foosebawl culda beet da horney frogs.

I'll agree with DJ Williams on MTSU. He said they had a wr that was better than our guys lined up against him. That's player matchups we had no one to guard a dude to go in a straight line. I refuse to believe all of a sudden Steele can't coach D. Everyone said off season we finally had coaches which was true but we didn't have the players. Weaknesses all over the roster that ordinary teams can take advantage of. Just see me in three seasons when the roster is stacked. I'll be accepting apologies from a lot of y'all. If y'all ever seen a power house build from scratch throughout cfb, this is how it's done. Bama lost to scrubs with genius God Nick Saban was it L Monroe?

I'm assuming fans complained and said they had more talent like morons.
We didn’t lose to them by a FG. We lost at home by an average of over 20. If you think their roster was 20 points better you need to tell your plug to stop lacing his product with fentanyl. Coaching matters a lot.

We didn’t lose to them by a FG. We lost at home by an average of over 20. If you think their roster was 20 points better you need to tell your plug to stop lacing his product with fentanyl. Coaching matters a lot.
I won't disagree that was bad but our roster is buns. U put Flagg and DJ Ivey in MTS uniforms it's no different cause they belong there. Our OL could not stop their DL and they had some unlockable kid there. Listen I can't argue your point cause u make a valid one and I'm logical asf. But I think players are more important, I have no excuse for MTS and I can't defende that your right. But we had hella OD roster problems whether people believe it or not. I don't even think it's fixed next year that's how bad it was and relying on youth is going to be tough as ****.

Advertisement
Best thing that happened to UGA was almost crapping the bed against OSU.
Wake them up and give them attitude
200.gif

I'll agree with DJ Williams on MTSU. He said they had a wr that was better than our guys lined up against him. That's player matchups we had no one to guard a dude to go in a straight line. I refuse to believe all of a sudden Steele can't coach D. Everyone said off season we finally had coaches which was true but we didn't have the players. Weaknesses all over the roster that ordinary teams can take advantage of. Just see me in three seasons when the roster is stacked. I'll be accepting apologies from a lot of y'all. If y'all ever seen a power house build from scratch throughout cfb, this is how it's done. Bama lost to scrubs with genius God Nick Saban was it L Monroe?

I'm assuming fans complained and said they had more talent like morons.
Even Kirby his first year at UGA with a very good rosters. He lost to Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech. Won by 2 against Nichols State.
He was a legit gameday corch his first few seasons.

Even Kirby his first year at UGA with a very good rosters. He lost to Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech. Won by 2 against Nichols State.
He was a legit gameday corch his first few seasons.
Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe or some trash school. Fans don't understand u have to stack talent. People were saying the same thing about Harbaugh Saban Kirby but they made people stfu. They stacked and then all of a sudden they are "great play callers". Or their staff has great play callers lol, fired coaches go to bama like a rehab for coaches. Knowing they can run their scheme that didn't work where they were but works at schools with mega talent.

Advertisement
Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe or some trash school. Fans don't understand u have to stack talent. People were saying the same thing about Harbaugh Saban Kirby but they made people stfu. They stacked and then all of a sudden they are "great play callers". Or their staff has great play callers lol, fired coaches go to bama like a rehab for coaches. Knowing they can run their scheme that didn't work where they were but works at schools with mega talent.

My brotha, Saban after one class turned around Bama. That stack didn’t happen until the class of ‘10. They already won a Nat’l Title by ‘09. Kirby had UGA in the championship game in his 2nd yr, w/ one full class (Class of ‘17).

We gotta stop this narrative w/ these dudes; they both can coach & became successful well b4 the classes got stacked.

My brotha, Saban after one class turned around Bama. That stack didn’t happen until the class of ‘10. They already won a Nat’l Title by ‘09. Kirby had UGA in the championship game in his 2nd yr, w/ one full class (Class of ‘17).

We gotta stop this narrative w/ these dudes; they both can coach & became successful well b4 the classes got stacked.
I won't sit here and say Mario is Kirby or Saban but he knows the formula. Class rankings don't indicate it but I think Miami is in a worse position than UGA or bama we're maybe UGa. Bama is arguable

I'll give you Saban, but UGA was recruiting top 10 classes under Richt for years before Kirby got there, and were already at the top of the SEC east with UF. He had talent already...even that year 2 when he did go to the title, he abused the life outta the RB room Richt left for him....which is why everyone expected a drop off cuz they were both seniors.

Advertisement
I'll give you Saban, but UGA was recruiting top 10 classes under Richt for years before Kirby got there, and were already at the top of the SEC east with UF. He had talent already...even that year 2 when he did go to the title, he abused the life outta the RB room Richt left for him....which is why everyone expected a drop off cuz they were both seniors.

Yeah, that’s true; no argument there.

As an actual leader of men/women…leading them into something that could possibly kill them. Leadership isn’t the manipulation of thought. You have to be somebody they want to follow which comes from a high level of trust.

That “manipulation“ **** sounds like it was written by dudes who sit at desks, delegate, and try to call that leadership.
This is why the threads get closed. Because of irrelevant posts like this

Cut that bs out he has the best roster lol it's that simple. Dude said it himself week 1 man. They try to make everything an anime like it's more than what it is. It's win your 1 on 1 battles vs the guy in front of u, it's that simple.

It's not just "that simple". Having the best talent is a part of it, but that is NOT the full story. A good deal of the recipe for winning is putting people in the right positions and then getting them to maximize their natural abilities

There's a reason why the most talented rosters don't automatically win every single game and every championship. There's an element of coaching kids up and getting them to play their hearts out that is involved

All that said... You're not winning **** if you're not in the conversation regarding your overall talent. But we can't oversimplify it to "he who has more talent, wins". That's not 100% true, 100% of the time

Advertisement
It's not just "that simple". Having the best talent is a part of it, but that is NOT the full story. A good deal of the recipe for winning is putting people in the right positions and then getting them to maximize their natural abilities

There's a reason why the most talented rosters don't automatically win every single game and every championship. There's an element of coaching kids up and getting them to play their hearts out that is involved

All that said... You're not winning **** if you're not in the conversation regarding your overall talent. But we can't oversimplify it to "he who has more talent, wins". That's not 100% true, 100% of the time
It's 80% of it the roster is 80% of cfb

Advertisement
Back