Kiper - Top 10 Offensive Players at Each Position for 2017

hasena75

Junior
Kiper lists his top 5 Offensive - Upper and Underclassmen for 2017 and Canes are in it as followed:

1. Kaaya as the #2 Underclassmen QB for 2017.

2. Chris Herndon as the #1 Underclassmen fullback for 2017

3. Nick Linder as the #2 Underclassmen center for 2017

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
With our lack of receiving depth and experience, Njoku is poised for a big year and is gonna blow up.

With our lack of receiving depth and experience, Njoku is poised for a big year and is gonna blow up.

^this....Njoku isn't high on any of this early draft boards because he has minimal production numbers. At least Chris Herndon had 237 yards and a 1 TD in 10 games, which he started 3 of them out of the hybrid FB position

Last edited:
Our skill players are going to explode next year. No reason not to.

Advertisement
He makes a lot of athletic plays, but a lot of head scratchers as well. He has been the best OL at the point of attack over the last two seasons.

Njoku, Herndon and Dobard will all make themselves known and all together give us the best TE corps in the country by a mile! I think Dobard is very underrated on this board as a receiver. I would love to see a formation with all 3 of them on the field at once. A 2TE set with Herndon lining up at HB/FB with Coley as the WR and either Walton or Yearby at RB. A power formation like that where both TEs and both backs are weapons in the passing game would give defenses some serious problems.

Advertisement
Hard for an offense to produce when it keeps getting 3-outs with terrible play-calling. I'm excited to see what Kaaya can do, given the opportunity to change the plays at the line, to fit what he sees.

Njoku, Herndon and Dobard will all make themselves known and all together give us the best TE corps in the country by a mile! I think Dobard is very underrated on this board as a receiver. I would love to see a formation with all 3 of them on the field at once. A 2TE set with Herndon lining up at HB/FB with Coley as the WR and either Walton or Yearby at RB. A power formation like that where both TEs and both backs are weapons in the passing game would give defenses some serious problems.

Agree on Dobard. If he doesn't fumble against FSU 2years ago he would be seen in a much different light by Canes fans. Can't blame fans for that, it happend and was a huge play, but I think he is underrated as a pass catcher. Shedding the snickers, cheeseburgers, donuts and ice cream weight that were the last staff's training table staples will help him.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back