Kinsler Commits

Advertisement
More size added to the room. Good.

(yes I am hitting the button)

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Again, you can't have several alphas working for an alpha per the classical wolf social hierarchy definitions. In the now debunked original theory, wolfpacks had one alpha male and one alpha female. The alphas 2nd in command was the beta (and had a partner beta female) . He was subordinate to the alpha but dominant over the submissive omega wolves. It didn't mean he had a meek, submissive personality. If the beta challenged the alpha and won, he became the alpha. You can only have one alpha pair at a time. Turns out wolfpacks have much more complex dynamics so wolves don't necessarily act that way, but that's the origin of term. The idea of a wolfpack full of alphas would be viewed as nonsensical.

I think what people mean when they incorrectly refer to people as alphas is what Meyers Briggs labels as the ESTJ personality type.

Extraverted, Observant, Thinking, and Judging

I know I'm going to derail the thread so I'll leave it at that.
WTF cares about wolfpacks and that nerd with his 'deboonked' theory...

Advertisement
Wiltfong's latest from today. Didn't know where else to post this, lol. Nothing earth shattering but he did mention that we are chipping away at Richard Young and not giving up there (and we shouldn't). Starts talking about us around the 13:55 minute mark. Made the Richard Young comment earlier in the episode but made it clear that Oregon is very much so a threat there.

Dude seems to have turned the corner on Mario and the U lol...

Respectfully I disagree. While the buck stops with Mario, and he is ultimately the boss, he’s filled the staff out with Alphas.

Gattis, Strong, Steele, and Addae are definitely alphas.

Wright, Smith, Feld seem like Alpha but I’m not as familiar with them.

We have other coaches that seem like leaders of men too and we have an analyst that is definitely a certified alpha in Jason Taylor lol

People like that want to surround themselves with people like that with common goals. Iron sharpens iron. You never want to be the smartest guy in the room.
OMG STOP WITH THE ******* ALPHA TALK 🤦

Advertisement
It’s a new day, my friend. We have a staff full of alphas (fight me on using that term if u want), guys from powerhouse programs, & two guys leading the charge who r notorious developers of talent on the OL.

Take care of the trenches & the rest will follow. I promise u this ain’t a love fest moment or anything, but even our HC have referenced Bama as this new standard (and that’s OK). W/ Bama, the first thing Saban & his staff did was take care of the trenches. It’s why all those bum QBs led teams to NCG b/c they had trench monsters on both sides, & high octane RBs speeding through the exploited lanes. All the QB had to do was not turn over the ball & find that one beast at WR (Julio, Amari, Calvin). Then Saban started to shift to a QB who could deal & run a bit w/ a plethora of WR weapons, BUT the formula never changed: take care of the trenches.

For us, I love this OL pull, especially if or when Samson commits. The next phase for us? DTs. Yeah I love the edge guys, but we were literally the diamond standard of DT trench bullies. We start recruiting that at a high level w/ the OL/DE & we’re warp speeding to elite again.
What really intrigued me about a Mirabel interview on OBB was when he stated and allow me some room to paraphrase "We, myself included, have guys on staff who are happy just being the best position coach they can be." I would include Steele within thus group too.

That "type" of person within the coaching realm is rare today and speaks to what Mario brings to the table more than anything else. When we land Samson....good grief that OL in a couple years...

DT intrigues me. Im trusting the process.

Wiltfong's latest from today. Didn't know where else to post this, lol. Nothing earth shattering but he did mention that we are chipping away at Richard Young and not giving up there (and we shouldn't). Starts talking about us around the 13:55 minute mark. Made the Richard Young comment earlier in the episode but made it clear that Oregon is very much so a threat there.

You sir will mot test my emotions with that lol.

That kid is right up there with Baxter.

I still think we only pull Chris Johnson and im ok with this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back