Kings of Negative Recruiting - Clemson Tigers

I don’t believe in God but isn’t ironic that Clemson, who claims to be the most “Christian” school in the South, does something very unethical (bags) and unchristian like (bad mouths other schools)? From my understanding, Richt (a true Christian) shows class and doesn’t negative recruit other schools. Real recognizes real and any recruit who doesn’t identify the fraud in Dabo is a sucker.

Advertisement
I don’t believe in God but isn’t ironic that Clemson, who claims to be the most “Christian” school in the South, does something very unethical (bags) and unchristian like (bad mouths other schools)? From my understanding, Richt (a true Christian) shows class and doesn’t negative recruit other schools. Real recognizes real and any recruit who doesn’t identify the fraud in Dabo is a sucker.

Depends on what you consider "negative recruiting"

Is saying that Bama doesn't pass the ball much negative recruiting? I think thats a fact...but judging by posts on here some think thats negative recruiting lol. Ain't no way Richt coached in the SEC and landed us such a good class last year without negative recruiting and dropping some bags

Do I give a F if he does? **** NAH

Depends on what you consider "negative recruiting"

Is saying that Bama doesn't pass the ball much negative recruiting? I think thats a fact...but judging by posts on here some think thats negative recruiting lol. Ain't no way Richt coached in the SEC and landed us such a good class last year without negative recruiting and dropping some bags

Do I give a F if he does? **** NAH

That Bama example is negative recruiting. Your highlighting a negative thing about another program even if it is weak or petty one.

That Bama example is negative recruiting. Your highlighting a negative thing about another program even if it is weak or petty one.

And I really hope we are selling that when we go up against the kings of CFB for a WR recruit. If you aren't pointing out how much more we throw the ball vs them then you are losing a giant selling point to most WR recruits.

Point is *****ing about another school negative recruiting is stupid. Miami does it, everyone does it and if they don't they **** well should start since that is what your competition is doing to land kids.

Everyone wants to play like their school is too good for that BS but they all do it.

Recruiting, especially in Sofla, ain't for school boys, this **** dirtier than anywhere else. Randy tried to play the high road game and we got run over

Here is some of Clemson recruiting strategy

"We are the most Christian football program in the south"

"Your son can always live in Miami, but he can become a man with us"

"Coach______ wont get you to the league"

"Their HC wont be there long, he is retiring soon"

"Clemson Police will take care of your son"

"Alabama dont throw the ball"

I have more.
"Coach _____ wont get you to the league" is very vanilla. Coaches use their nfl resume all the time to recruit. We had that with Kool.

Advertisement

I have more.

That's it? Bruh I could of thought of that.

I hate the Steelers. I was just talking **** to my Steelers buddy’s how the dolphins always beat them when we are healthy. If you don’t count the playoff game where half the dolphins team was hurt including tannehill then I belive it’s three wins in a row over the steel curtain

I don't hate the Steelers. They have passionate fans and I respect them. I respect the rivalry we used to have being a Jags fan. There's lots of Steeler bars in South FL which are decent at welcoming opposing fans, too. JETS for the vast majority are awful. The local crowd from south FL that attends the MIA vs Jets games (as Jet fans from NY at some point) are the exact same local transient scum that gives south FL a bad name. It's as if they intentionally try to look like castoffs from the Jersey Shore series that haven't bathed in a month.

I have more.

Those are borderline compliments by recruiting standards.

You're no Dan Sileo, Jr.

Paterno was sanctimonious even after he retired. He came out of his house and gave a speech to a crowd of students talking like he was still coaching, gave a rah-rah speech talking about "we have a lot to do..." What did he have to do? He was fired. He was delusional...I don't think he knew what was going on. He had that stare...he was in some kind of zone.

Kind of like one of those California politicians.

He had lost his mind years before. He was there strictly as a figure head at that point, nothing more.

Advertisement
The Clemson hate is funny in this thread.

I can remember the days of people on the boards being so happy that Clemson hired a WR coach to be their HC. And they were such a joke of a program.

Now, they’re the kings of the bag game?!? Lol

Dabo, like Meyer, is one of the coaches that skipped being a coordinator on his way to being a quality HC. He’s, easily, a top 5 HC.

And he ain’t leaving Clemson for Bama. Why would he?

He’s already the greatest HC in the history of Clemson football. Bama has Bear and Saban.

Dabo handles the next 10 years of his career properly, and he’ll have a statue and naming rights at Clemson.

He ain’t getting that at Bama.

I don't hate the Steelers. They have passionate fans and I respect them. I respect the rivalry we used to have being a Jags fan. There's lots of Steeler bars in South FL which are decent at welcoming opposing fans, too. JETS for the vast majority are awful. The local crowd from south FL that attends the MIA vs Jets games (as Jet fans from NY at some point) are the exact same local transient scum that gives south FL a bad name. It's as if they intentionally try to look like castoffs from the Jersey Shore series that haven't bathed in a month.
I remember many games in the OB and the nauseating Jets fans and their J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets, chant. I still have nightmares about that hosres**t!

Where is Clemson anyway?

Can you get there from South Florida? Is there an airport there?
Closest airport is about an hour. Greenville. IDK about flights from Miami but I can tell you there's only like 1 flight a day from NY. Clemson is about 2-2.5 driving hrs from Atlanta in one direction and the same distance from Charlotte, NC in the other.

Been there on the college tour. Drove from charlotte on the one highway that goes to Clemson - 2 lanes, mega trucks. Nothing to see for miles. When you finally get off the highway it's another 30 minutes on a country road. Then, like Mecca, the school rises from the countryside! The stadium is pretty awesome to see - especially at night. Other than the campus, which I happen to think is very pretty and southern, there is a small town with the requisite Clemson apparel shops, some small bars, cafes, banks, grocery store,etc. Nothing much right there.

Advertisement
I've said it for years and now it's happening. Keep more players home and we'll compete with any team. Clemson and every team in the Southeast for that matter, knows that Miami is rising from the ashes of alice golden and an administration not capable guiding a D1 football program. Unlike Smart who inherited a full roster of talented players and team with a good reputation still, it was opposite for CMR. We coming back, but it would be faster if Richt hired an excellent veteran OC.

Closest airport is about an hour. Greenville. IDK about flights from Miami but I can tell you there's only like 1 flight a day from NY. Clemson is about 2-2.5 driving hrs from Atlanta in one direction and the same distance from Charlotte, NC in the other.

Been there on the college tour. Drove from charlotte on the one highway that goes to Clemson - 2 lanes, mega trucks. Nothing to see for miles. When you finally get off the highway it's another 30 minutes on a country road. Then, like Mecca, the school rises from the countryside! The stadium is pretty awesome to see - especially at night. Other than the campus, which I happen to think is very pretty and southern, there is a small town with the requisite Clemson apparel shops, some small bars, cafes, banks, grocery store,etc. Nothing much right there.

If that is what you are into then how are you a Miami fan? Did you really just compare clemson hillbilly town to Mecca? Every college stadium is cool I can tell you UGA and South Carolina stadium **** on clemson stadium. The college town is a cool concept for some but I have other needs outside of college football and cornfields.

It’s not the school deshaun Watson put them on the map and they are just living off his success and the natty he brought them. Remember Miami didn’t die over night it was a long painful death that finally ended with the firing of al golden and a rebirth under Richt.

Dabo is a good motivational guy who knows how to associate with the kids well(will dance with them and things like that). He has a really good staff and that is a key reason to that teams success. When staff breaks up clemson will be back to losing to anyone who is relevant. It wasn’t too many years ago where “clemsoning” was the act of losing games you should win and not performing on the big stage. Dabo was almost fired for losing to South Carolina 5 times in a row then Watson came. Let that natty wear off and they will be back with the Virginia techs of the world.

I've said it for years and now it's happening. Keep more players home and we'll compete with any team. Clemson and every team in the Southeast for that matter, knows that Miami is rising from the ashes of alice golden and an administration not capable guiding a D1 football program. Unlike Smart who inherited a full roster of talented players and team with a good reputation still, it was opposite for CMR. We coming back, but it would be faster if Richt hired an excellent veteran OC.

Richt is huge on developing coaches and that is why picked his son to be the qb coach and brown as the OC.

Advertisement
The Clemson hate is funny in this thread.

I can remember the days of people on the boards being so happy that Clemson hired a WR coach to be their HC. And they were such a joke of a program.

Now, they’re the kings of the bag game?!? Lol

Dabo, like Meyer, is one of the coaches that skipped being a coordinator on his way to being a quality HC. He’s, easily, a top 5 HC.

And he ain’t leaving Clemson for Bama. Why would he?

He’s already the greatest HC in the history of Clemson football. Bama has Bear and Saban.

Dabo handles the next 10 years of his career properly, and he’ll have a statue and naming rights at Clemson.

He ain’t getting that at Bama.

Congrats?

Advertisement
Back