King ready to go 100%

Hard to believe he’ll be able to cut and run at 100 percent. But I’d love for him to prove me wrong
I swear it’s like 80% of the people on here have amnesia when it comes to what happened in the bowl game after King was injured. We actually got to see the full potential of our offense and just how lethal it could be. I was never really a Kosi fan but if he could be as accurate and progress through his reads like he did in the bowl game, every game, then we lost a key player. Even the local media ****ed me off big time when asking TVD and Jake about how their game compared to King’s. They never asked about breaking down film, progressing through reads, pocket presence or anything else relating to our passing game. The only thing every single one of them asked about was how their **** running ability compared to King’s. I literally wanted to punch them in the face! Kosi proved that we don’t need a running QB period! If King starts against Bama and he will, Saban will just do what every single team since we played Clemson did last year. They will stack the box, smothering our run game, spy King and dare him to throw with zero fear of getting beaten deep. King will check his primary then drop to secondary maybe and then get happy feet regardless of how the pocket is holding up. I honestly don’t know how Lashlee keeps from going insane.

Advertisement
Since the CIS Doctors and expert analysts here say he'll be ready to go....and the Trolls say no.....THEN HE'LL BE READY TO GO.

Now I have no doubt he'll play versus Bama

Advertisement
8 months recovery sounds about right..(9.5 months once season starts)

I think alot of posters are showing their age. This isnt the 90s anymore where if you tear your ACL you are absolutely down for a year and thats that. No getting around it. Technology has changed alot. APeterson came back after what...6 months?? (Yes he is a freak but it still gives you insight into how technology and science has advanced). If King and the coaching staff say he is 100%..I absolutely believe him. And that he is ready to go vs Bama with no reservations.

Didnt Greek Freak **** near break his leg in Game 2 of the NBA Finals and that guy didnt miss a beat clearly. These new age athletes coupled with science are just different now.

I doubt he’s really 100%.. we will find out when he’s running for his life against Bama in a few weeks.

Advertisement
"A lot of guys get hurt and work outside the box," Harley said. "He's been in the box, and a lot of guys go to the weight room and see D'Eriq King doing squats and pushing through, and that's motivation. He's grinding his guts out."

What a ****** leader bro. This is the type of player we need. And like the older canes always said, they held each other accountable. Leading by example is fantastic though.

Just would seem extremely quick to get to 100 percent. And half the battle is mental. When he’s gotta make a man miss, can he put torque on that knee how he did last season

This is not his first knee injury so I am sure the mental part is not as bad as if it was his first.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can somebody refresh my memory on the specifics of his first injury? Was it a different knee? What was the extent of the injury? What ligaments?

I'm definitely no King level athlete but I completely tore my ACL playing bball. I played my first full court games at full speed right before 8 months after surgery. I used a brace for about 2 days and then just couldn't deal with it, it reminded me of the surgery too much and i would be worried. But for an athlete of that caliber with the level of medical care and recovery program, the shape that he is in, and his talent level, he should be in good shape to play well.

I will say that I thought last year King was slower than on his highlights from his first couple of years. He looked a bit thick, like he could lose 10lbs or so. That would also probably be good for his leg.
Level of care is still important, decades ago it was everything. I played in the NAIA. One of my high school teammates was the only Rookie starter in Super Bowl X . Our WR tore his ACL in November. My HS buddy tore his in the SB in January. Both were very similar tears

The Cowboys had the best knee guy in sports back then. When I was home for spring break, my HS teammate was walking good and rehabbing - my college teammate was still walking with crutches.

8 months recovery sounds about right..(9.5 months once season starts)

I think alot of posters are showing their age. This isnt the 90s anymore where if you tear your ACL you are absolutely down for a year and thats that. No getting around it. Technology has changed alot. APeterson came back after what...6 months?? (Yes he is a freak but it still gives you insight into how technology and science has advanced). If King and the coaching staff say he is 100%..I absolutely believe him. And that he is ready to go vs Bama with no reservations.

I hope so bro. But, can you truly judge someone to be 100% “IF” they haven’t been placed in even a simulated live situation? I will feel more comfortable when he plays in a fall practice scrimmage where he’s instinctively responding and avoiding. ****, I may even jump the gun if he not wearing a brace on that knee. I am anxious as **** lol. Come on Kang!

I'm definitely no King level athlete but I completely tore my ACL playing bball. I played my first full court games at full speed right before 8 months after surgery. I used a brace for about 2 days and then just couldn't deal with it, it reminded me of the surgery too much and i would be worried. But for an athlete of that caliber with the level of medical care and recovery program, the shape that he is in, and his talent level, he should be in good shape to play well.

I will say that I thought last year King was slower than on his highlights from his first couple of years. He looked a bit thick, like he could lose 10lbs or so. That would also probably be good for his leg.
He’s not very thick in person. At Paradise I spoke to him, he said his knee felt great.

Advertisement
Back