King ready to go 100%

Advertisement
Anyone know how much different it makes tearing the meniscus as well as his acl. Would that make his recovery back to 100% take longer? I know meniscus recovery is usually quicker than an acl anyways but wasn't sure if tearing that makes it any worse

***really hope he is truly 100% and can stay healthy all season. The kid is a great leader and role model. Wish the Canes had 85 guys on the roster just like him

Advertisement
No idea on if he’s truly 100% physically. Maybe he’s 100% mentally and will work himself into game shape come the 1st game versus Baga. It would really be a great thing if he’s truly 100% on both; it will allow Lashlee more freedom in his play calling against the hated Tide. I hope he’s been doing plenty of reps RPO wise and getting accustomed to ha ding it off more this year. We don’t need 10 rushes a game from King - just the element that he can tuck it at run when he needs to do so. Plus I think that will help his YPC too if he can suck in the DE and then go outside to a more open field.

Advertisement
So how are they playing this? Protect him all camp and summer and see what happens in the game?

or make him go 100% first day of camp?

Last edited:
Why is it hard to believe?
I'm definitely no King level athlete but I completely tore my ACL playing bball. I played my first full court games at full speed right before 8 months after surgery. I used a brace for about 2 days and then just couldn't deal with it, it reminded me of the surgery too much and i would be worried. But for an athlete of that caliber with the level of medical care and recovery program, the shape that he is in, and his talent level, he should be in good shape to play well.

I will say that I thought last year King was slower than on his highlights from his first couple of years. He looked a bit thick, like he could lose 10lbs or so. That would also probably be good for his leg.

Advertisement
Just would seem extremely quick to get to 100 percent. And half the battle is mental. When he’s gotta make a man miss, can he put torque on that knee how he did last season

He said today he started cutting while running and throwing last month.

Why is it hard to believe?
Um I don’t know maybe the 1000s of football players who have had that injury who later admitted they weren’t fully themselves until the season after they came back.

I think he’s giving positive manifestations. That first run will be helpful.

Advertisement
Um I don’t know maybe the 1000s of football players who have had that injury who later admitted they weren’t fully themselves until the season after they came back.

I think he’s giving positive manifestations. That first run will be helpful.

He’s basically been an open book on his rehab, with video to document it step by step.

Everyone’s rehab is unique. No one else’s matters.

It’s not like we’re dealing with a freshman’s here. King is a 6th year senior, very mature, very intelligent, and has remained completely engaged in team activities including being on the sidelines during spring practise.

If anyone can do it, this young man certainly can.

Advertisement
Back