2023 King Mack, S, STA

Sorry but I ran in that range at 14. Apparently it was a school record but I never looked into it since I set several.

Oh really? When, where, and what college did you run for?

To put into perspective how fast a 46.25 still is, for even a senior in high school, that would make him our 2nd fastest 400m of all time. Yes, I said that right, he would be 2nd on Miami's all-time list in the 400. We know our track and field isn't anything special, but anyone thinking a 46.25 isn't fast as **** for a high school kid is crazy.

6th fastest in the country this year. 2nd fastest junior in the country.

Ed Reed, he's still our javelin record holder. Random fun fact.

Advertisement
Oh really? When, where, and what college did you run for?

To put into perspective how fast a 46.25 still is, for even a senior in high school, that would make him our 2nd fastest 400m of all time. Yes, I said that right, he would be 2nd on Miami's all-time list in the 400. We know our track and field isn't anything special, but anyone thinking a 46.25 isn't fast as **** for a high school kid is crazy.

6th fastest in the country this year. 2nd fastest junior in the country.

Ed Reed, he's still our javelin record holder. Random fun fact.
I never said he wasn’t fast bruh. I was responding to the other post stating “Ain’t no 15-16 year olds running 44 or 45 lol that’s ridiculous” Unfortunately I never had an opportunity to run in college or even later in high school because of a spinal cord injury during the summer after that year that left me paralyzed.

I remember the story on Ed setting the record for the javelin but didn’t know if he still held it so thanks for the info. That was one event I really wanted to try but it was dropped before track started because of a javelin striking someone.

I never said he wasn’t fast bruh. I was responding to the other post stating “Ain’t no 15-16 year olds running 44 or 45 lol that’s ridiculous” Unfortunately I never had an opportunity to run in college or even later in high school because of a spinal cord injury during the summer after that year that left me paralyzed.

I remember the story on Ed setting the record for the javelin but didn’t know if he still held it so thanks for the info. That was one event I really wanted to try but it was dropped before track started because of a javelin striking someone.

There's never been a 15 or 16 ear old in the 45 second club. There's only been 4 US high schoolers to crack the 44 second club. Roughly 30 to 40 to crack the 45 second club. In either case, those were mostly seniors, and only one junior has cracked the 44 second club, let alone a 15 or 16 year old.

Man, are you paralyzed? What happened? Tragic either way and if you were anywhere close to those times, you were flying.

Yup, Ed was an amazing athlete. Literally could've done a bunch of things, but he certainly picked what he was best at.

When Manny Diaz was here, he couldn’t walk into STA & sign a janitor. If we actually prioritize K. Mack & Hussey & lose them to Penn St- Mario may have some decisions to make on that DB staff lol.
You got a very valid point my man. Re Manny and STA.

Advertisement

Off topic question. . . Are the spinal cord injury and the javelin striking someone in any way related?

There's never been a 15 or 16 ear old in the 45 second club. There's only been 4 US high schoolers to crack the 44 second club. Roughly 30 to 40 to crack the 45 second club. In either case, those were mostly seniors, and only one junior has cracked the 44 second club, let alone a 15 or 16 year old.

Man, are you paralyzed? What happened? Tragic either way and if you were anywhere close to those times, you were flying.

Yup, Ed was an amazing athlete. Literally could've done a bunch of things, but he certainly picked what he was best at.
I ran a 45.6 at 14. We were/are a very small school and I was the only one that ran the 400. I always loved it when I would be walking to line up on the inside lane and the others would be laughing because our uniforms were crap and like 20 years old and barely fit. I would always tell them good luck 😏 Then the starter pistol would go off and I would blow past everyone and not look back until after crossing the finish line. Same thing happened near the end of the season and one kid stepped up and said “I wouldn’t laugh if I was you guys because this dude is fast and we don’t even have a chance.” Best feeling in the world man!

Yeah I am paralyzed from a gunshot wound from a 357 mag at extremely close range. Thanks and yeah once I was in cruise mode it literally felt like flying. I couldn’t run beyond 600m at that pace because I had huge quads for my age and the lactic acid would have me ready to drop by 600 so I ran the 100, 200 and 400.

Yeah Ed sticking with football was by far the best decision for him and for us. I was going to choose that same path as well.

Advertisement
I ran a 45.6 at 14. We were/are a very small school and I was the only one that ran the 400. I always loved it when I would be walking to line up on the inside lane and the others would be laughing because our uniforms were crap and like 20 years old and barely fit. I would always tell them good luck 😏 Then the starter pistol would go off and I would blow past everyone and not look back until after crossing the finish line. Same thing happened near the end of the season and one kid stepped up and said “I wouldn’t laugh if I was you guys because this dude is fast and we don’t even have a chance.” Best feeling in the world man!

Yeah I am paralyzed from a gunshot wound from a 357 mag at extremely close range. Thanks and yeah once I was in cruise mode it literally felt like flying. I couldn’t run beyond 600m at that pace because I had huge quads for my age and the lactic acid would have me ready to drop by 600 so I ran the 100, 200 and 400.

Yeah Ed sticking with football was by far the best decision for him and for us. I was going to choose that same path as well.

Man, I'm sorry, but at least you got to run faster than most humans ever did. I hope whoever did that to you, that justice was served. Nothing is ever that serious and it changed your life forever.

I ran a 52 at 18 and thought I was pretty fast. Ran a 58 at 42 and thought I was pretty fast. Then I saw a friend eat a pizza and ice cream, walk on the track and drop a 60 without training or
Trying. Lol Some humans are built differently.

That is downright awful. I feel for the family. That sounds like a freak accident.

I'm alright with asking the possible ******* questions though lol.
No worries fam. Yeah I felt the same for the family but never actually knew exactly where it happened in our district.

Sorry but I ran in that range at 14. Apparently it was a school record but I never looked into it since I set several.

Congrats, not only is that a record for your school but you smashed the world record for a 14 year old of 46.9 set by Kirani James

Advertisement
Man, I'm sorry, but at least you got to run faster than most humans ever did. I hope whoever did that to you, that justice was served. Nothing is ever that serious and it changed your life forever.
Thanks man I really appreciate that. One thing I did leave off that I realized in the middle of the night is that it was hand timed but by 3 different people with 2 at the time I posted and one from the other team at 45.8

No justice was ever served unfortunately and yeah I always think about what could have been.

Thanks man I really appreciate that. One thing I did leave off that I realized in the middle of the night is that it was hand timed but by 3 different people with 2 at the time I posted and one from the other team at 45.8

No justice was ever served unfortunately and yeah I always think about what could have been.

Unsolved? Streets probably ate whoever it is. People don't last long in the game like that.

Advertisement
Unsolved? Streets probably ate whoever it is. People don't last long in the game like that.
No it was a small town keystone cop deal. The person that shot me was my supposed best friend. Not only shot but later stabbed. He had everything set up to look like an accident but I have the defense wound on my hand and the stab wound. I wasn’t able to testify because I wasn’t stable enough at t time but I still can’t figure out how or why the 2 most obvious things were just overlooked.

In the 400 if its not mention of Steven Gardiner dont wanna hear bout it. My man be out there beating ppl ina tall white tee from the corner store...real bahamian ****

I was just watching this kid film on Coach Hayes YouTube channel. This kid is a must get in my opinion. Elite speed (10.6) & range for the safety position. Also his teammate Conrad Hussey is also a must get. I honestly don’t know why we didn’t have these two kids as high targets on the initial DB board. We can’t let Penn State grab both from the crib.

Advertisement
Back